Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
GrimmFandingo

Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Post by GrimmFandingo »

To be honest the best tip I can give you is just to play more and try to find a group of players who will party up and play the game properly. I know it can be frustrating at the start as the skill gap between you and most other players will seem overwhelming but you will start getting kills sooner or later. Check out youtube beginner guides and in particular watch serenity17's videos. A big part of the game is communication and team work so try and find some people to play with, watch what they are doing and ask them lots of questions. I don't know if there is a community section on Xbox One like there is on Ps4 but if there is try and find a group happy to help out a beginner on there. The most important things for a beginner is just learning how to place your operator for maximum survivability, learning what each operator does and really slowing down your play style, if you play it like any other fps you are gonna have a bad time.
If you want some simple sound bite type tips the most important things for a beginner to learn would be 1. Use your drones a lot, send drones ahead of you to check that the way your going is clear and relay any information you get to your team mates 2. Don't get tunnel vision, expect enemies to be coming from behind and flanking, if your team are all focusing on the objective room you should watch the flanks and be ready to intercept a flanking operator 3. Be a team player, learn what operators are important on attack and defense and make your pick based on that, for the record thermite and thatcher are must picks on attack and rook and mute are must haves on defense (on the current patch) 4. Mix it up, play different operators as you unlock them, use different sights, try out shotguns, try roaming, you will need to find what your play style is and the best way to do that is try everything 5. Pay attention, this is a game about out thinking your opponent, don't just spray at people and run around like a headless chicken, use cameras, flank round and communicate his position to your team 6. Research, start a custom game and really explore the maps, really learn how to rooms connect to each other. If the enemy team are defending a room you might be able to get under them and shoot up through the floor, or down through the floor above, but to do that you are going to need some map knowledge.
It's one of those games where you really have to get your teeth into it and play some serious sessions with a group, playing an occasional game will get you nowhere. It's going to take some effort but I promise you that it will all be worth it in the end.
tat_sun

Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Post by tat_sun »

Bit of a long shot this, but is anyone still playing Siege regularly on PS4? With the Alpha Packs update arriving to PS4 today, I wanted to find a group to play Ranked matches with, rather than risking solo-queuing.