Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
James

Re: Street Fighter V

Post by James »

No problem at all. I'll just keep tacking the most up-to-date list onto the bottom of my posts in this thread. I've added RobC to the list (his Fighter ID is the same as his PSN ID).

Thanks for the matches, Mike! As I said, a lot of bad habits I'm trying to break, but quite happy that I wasn't completely overwhelmed (just mostly). :D

Fighter IDs (Forum):
RatsoAlbion
iwatttfodiwwfa
Flabyo
mikeleddy83
beck1110 (Beck)
SteakEater (PressEscToExit)
Xer0Signal (Sean)
Domsbeard
RobC-UK (RobC)

Fighter IDs (Other):
KayinAmoh (Darren Forman)
andihero (Andi Hamilton PS4)
Ghostchant (Andi Hamilton PC)
Lorsini (Dan L, PSN: strybe)
Jinkkai (via mikeleddy83)
James

Post by James »

Just played my first Ranked Matches and won the first two, only to then run into a 0LP Ryu who destroyed me and disappeared beyond the horizon with the consecutive wins Trophy I was in danger of being rewarded with. Alas! :cry:
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Gutted, I made it but I built it up into a big occasion by playing 5 casual matches before taking on the third fight. My heart can't take much more of this so I'm glad that 10 wins in a row trophy doesn't exist anymore :)

Missed my window for games today but with some persistence I'll be on later if anybody fancies a game. Get a mic on if you fancy, you'll hear the howls when I get hit hard!
James

Post by James »

Well, after the high of two wins and the heady heights of 130LP, I lost every Casual and Ranked Match I played tonight and now have 0LP again. :cry:

Back to the Training Room. Like that'll help. :|

Fighter IDs (Forum):
RatsoAlbion
iwatttfodiwwfa
Flabyo
mikeleddy83
beck1110 (Beck)
Xer0Signal (Sean)
Domsbeard
RobC-UK (RobC)

Fighter IDs (Other):
Jinkkai (via mikeleddy83)
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

Down for a match whenever you gents see me on, jinkkai is both id and psn. Really need to sink teeth into the engine. Other than the nail biters against Ryu (leddy) would love to get some match ups against vega, so far my worst. Cant wait for 8 person lobby! Those sf4 nights were great fun
James

Post by James »

Moved your Fighter ID into the Forum list, Jinkkai. Apologies for putting you in the wrong list. Looking forward to some matches! :)

Just watched the WNF stream. A second consecutive win for Snake Eyez with a Zangief that many are otherwise struggling to use effectively. He reckons 'Gief is one of the top 5 characters in these early SFV days.

Fighter IDs (Forum):
RatsoAlbion
iwatttfodiwwfa
Flabyo
mikeleddy83
beck1110 (Beck)
Xer0Signal (Sean)
Domsbeard
RobC-UK (RobC)
Jinkkai

Fighter IDs (Other):
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

Ah no apologies needed sir! Also looking forward to the matches.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just had 6 fights in a row against 6 different people vs:

Ryu
Ryu
Ryu
Ryu
Ryu

And

Ryu

Pretty boring, try something new!
Sean

Post by Sean »

Hm, my matches have been pretty varied. Would say the majority of fights have been against Ken, but, the only one I haven't really seen anyone using is M. Bison.
James

Post by James »

Sean wrote:Hm, my matches have been pretty varied. Would say the majority of fights have been against Ken, but, the only one I haven't really seen anyone using is M. Bison.
Wonder if it's a coincidence that Bison is the only one whose specials are all charge moves? Probably, but I suspect he feels quite tough to use, especially with that walk speed.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

I've come across a fair number of Bison players, most of them around Silver-ish. The characters I've seen least of are probably FANG and Rashid. Guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I'm certainly seeing more Ryus than I'd like but that's Street Fighter, really. The good thing is folk are playing him differently - some with more of a rushdown style, some very solid and patient. The matchmaking has been great too, loads of tense, close matches of late.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I had a really close set of matches with Mike last night, I think we are equal in skill so it has became a game of luck. I love this game :)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I've been fighting Laura in my dreams at this stage, had a casual match against one twice and got stuck in a lobby for hours against him/her. I had the win but I let it continue and we ended in a dead heat, blistering stuff! Saying that I've got a single forumite to play in domsbeard and he's not going to like who he will inevitably end up playing against ;)

Beck, I'm open all hours! :twisted:
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Played a bunch of ranked games this lunchtime, went unbeaten.

Every opponent was playing Ken (except one Rashid player). Every one of them had no idea what to do if I blocked their hurricane kicks and wake-up shoryukens.

Less people are falling for the low hitting followup to Karin's qcb-p move now though. Bah. I also need to stop repeating the qcf motion when doing her v-skill moves. They're not Fei-Long style rekka's that require you to repeat, you just have to hit the next move in the sequence, and if you repeat the motion you tend to cancel into her CA which isn't ideal if they're blocking and what you're actually wanting to do is mix in the overhead... Time to hit practice mode...
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

So, who's up for a game tonight?

Of course street fighter is better with a bit of boasting so I'm glad to say I have 8 ranked games under my belt, 8 wins and a rank up! That's my crowning glory so far but I have a good 20+ casuals and 60+ lobby games under my belt too so it's probably no surprise.

It's been a different if pleasant journey so far but I'm really putting all bets on the March update making this game the ultimate community game and want you all along for the ride, in the meantime I'm still open for business and each time I play I'm certainly evolving!
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

I'm online now and playing horribly if anybody fancies a few frames.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Trying but I think you had the netflix call. Looks like someone else had the same idea too so I'm going to fight them

Edit: Yep, big apologies. I got thrashed by Jinkkai in a lobby while I guess we were both waiting for the same game and threw my toys out of the pram, I don't know how I've gone from taking 18 straight losses easily in Ultra to having 2 losses and losing my shit but it's definitely happened :roll:

Thanks for making the effort, I'll get a long best of 10 going next time to make up for it.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

My flatmates are watching Netflix on the PS3, haha. Back online pretty soon if you want to tussle. Had a quick couple of sets with Jinkkai there, fun times were had
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

Indeed fun times were had, want another crack at ya soon!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Overtime killed me, sadly not enough to stop the desire to fight this weekend.

Who's in and when? I'll try a little tonight, maybe tomorrow afternoon and a little on Sunday morning.