Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Flabyo

Re: Street Fighter V

Post by Flabyo »

I'm getting tired of people rage quitting already. There's no punishment for it, and people are doing it almost every time I'm about to win in ranked mode. It's broken.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This is a truly astounding oversight.

Apparently a fix is coming but to launch the game without this is mind-boggling.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm avoiding ranked so far and sadly it's not down to any technical issues, what's the pedigree of the online ranked match thus far? I got lucky with my only attempt and it was against someone still happy to continue with just 1 win in 20 games, I'm guessing this isn't the norm but it's much better than getting my ass handed to me by resident ass kicker Jinkkai. Speaking of that beast, I'd suggest anyone here adds him if they want a lesson in becoming good at the game and most importantly what your weaknesses are.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Not sure how many ranked matches I've played but I hit 100 wins earlier, and I've had maybe 10 or 11 rage quits on top of that. I'd say the lower your LP vs theirs, the more likely you'll see a rage quit because of the perceived skill differential/how much they have to lose. There's also a bunch of guys sitting at around 2000-2500 who have no business being there from exploiting it.

Don't let them win, Mike! Just keep going. LP is basically meaningless at this point beyond being a matchmaking tool.
Sean

Post by Sean »

So, I had no excitement for SFV, and, rented it on a whim Saturday night and haven't stopped playing it since. Ordered my own copy last night. I believe my CFN is either Xer0Signal or Xer0. I've added (I think) all of you to my favorites list. Real excited to get some lobbies going once they're patched in.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've been ill and busy with podcast games so I haven't played it nearly enough yet. What I have played of it felt absolutely gorgeous though.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sean wrote:So, I had no excitement for SFV, and, rented it on a whim Saturday night and haven't stopped playing it since. Ordered my own copy last night. I believe my CFN is either Xer0Signal or Xer0. I've added (I think) all of you to my favorites list. Real excited to get some lobbies going once they're patched in.
Why wait? best of 2 or 3 and get anyone off here into a lobby.

Kudos to all of you for jumping at the invites so far (I did invite SteakEater in an alternate universe where I didn't fear a crushing defeat).

Anybody on tonight? If not I'll get my talcum powder out and jump into ranked.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've only played half a hour, didn't like the "tutorial".

However messed about with Laura and just had my first fight online....

Win with a perfect!, going to delete it now it can only go downhill ;)
James

Post by James »

Sean wrote:I believe my CFN is either Xer0Signal or Xer0. I've added (I think) all of you to my favorites list.
It's Xer0Signal (though capitalisation isn't necessary when searching).

I think I've got everyone added on here too. For any new readers looking to add everyone in this thread, the CFN IDs so far are:
RatsoAlbion
iwatttfodiwwfa
Flabyo
mikeleddy83
beck1110
SteakEater
Xer0Signal

Also, others of note (not on the forums):
KayinAmoh (Darren Forman, previous CAR contributor)
Ghostchant (Andi Hamilton, frequent CAR guest) - this one's from memory of watching him stream last night, so I will check it
Lorsini (PSN: strybe)
Jinkkai (on recommendation of mikeleddy83, if you're up for a spanking)

I'm almost certainly missing/forgetting some people (apologies), so if you let me know I'll try to keep the list up-to-date at the end of each post I make on here. That way we have a running 'Add Me!' list for any new arrivals. Equally, if you'd like me to remove you from that list, please let me know.

To clarify, capitalisation is irrelevant, so don't worry about that when typing in. Apologies also if I incorrectly capitalised your CFN ID.

The servers are about to go down for a few hours (1pm to 4pm PST, I believe), so don't look to be adding anyone tonight. Cheers all, promise I'll get some matches in with you all soon. :oops:
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Andi is also on as andihero, he has one ID on PC and another on PS4.

Gave up on Laura for now, I like her play style but I just can't find any easy way to punish and so much of her stuff is unsafe.

Started playing Karin and almost immediately I'm doing much better. Blew through survival on normal where I'd been struggling to get past the mid 20s before, and if people would stop sodding rage quitting I would've had a pretty good run of results in ranked as well.

Karin has good punishes, some good ways to deal with the fireball game, and some decent mixup play even before you activate v trigger.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Yeah Laura's not got much in the way of guaranteed damage off her punishes, the only thing that really combos is stand jab > LP bolt charge. She's all about going for the reset and keeping the pressure on. I was considering changing to Necalli but something clicked today and I've been having a lot more success.

Karin is one of the characters I have trouble against, still figuring out what I can punish and what I can't. She seems pretty solid all round. So many options.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The server maintenance looked like fun yesterday. From following the SFVServer twitter account...
Servers will be down for scheduled maintenance at 1pm PST. We will be back online by 4pm PST. Thank you for your patience.

Servers are now down for maintenance. Thank you for your patience as we attempt to make improvements. We will be back online by 4pm PST.

We are extending our maintenance for an extra hour. We will be back up by 5pm PST. Thank you for your patience.

We are extending our maintenance for an extra hour. We will be back up by 6pm PST. Thank you for your patience.

We are extending our maintenance indefinitely. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to reopen ASAP.
Oops.
James

Post by James »

Thanks Flabyo! I've added Andi's other Fighter (CFN) ID, and formalised the lists a bit. Our forum names (where they differ) are now in brackets after our Fighter IDs. :geek:

I've been adding some pro-players (as/when I find them) to my own Favourites List for quick access to replays; let me know if you guys want me to post those here as well.

Fighter IDs (Forum):
RatsoAlbion
iwatttfodiwwfa
Flabyo
mikeleddy83
beck1110 (Beck)
SteakEater (PressEscToExit)
Xer0Signal (Sean)

Fighter IDs (Other):
KayinAmoh (Darren Forman)
andihero (Andi Hamilton PS4)
Ghostchant (Andi Hamilton PC)
Lorsini (Dan L, PSN: strybe)
Jinkkai (via mikeleddy83)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I will add you folks next time I fire the game up.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

My Id/Psn is Domsbeard
James

Post by James »

DomsBeard wrote:My Id/Psn is Domsbeard
Consider yourself... well in! :P

Fighter IDs (Forum):
RatsoAlbion
iwatttfodiwwfa
Flabyo
mikeleddy83
beck1110 (Beck)
SteakEater (PressEscToExit)
Xer0Signal (Sean)
Domsbeard

Fighter IDs (Other):
KayinAmoh (Darren Forman)
andihero (Andi Hamilton PS4)
Ghostchant (Andi Hamilton PC)
Lorsini (Dan L, PSN: strybe)
Jinkkai (via mikeleddy83)
Beck

Post by Beck »

Nice one James, that's really handy :)
Sean

Post by Sean »

I returned my rental last night, and, my own copy should be arriving tomorrow. The withdrawal is real, man. Dying to get back into it. Thanks for putting that list together, James!
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Sent out a few invites earlier. I'm online now if anybody fancies a few matches
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Might well do if nobody else is up for a beating and Eastenders isn't on downstairs, I've not seen him about of the forums much lately but I had a good game against RobC (psn: RobC-UK). I'd never fought Rashid and Rob is your man though I narrowly managed to best him over some well fought battles.

Good list James, you fought well tonight!

Edit: Really solid session tonight and I got over the hump of ranked, slightly pushed on by a brutal session with SteakEater who I just can't figure out just yet. With that said I'm certainly switching the game on first thing once I get back tomorrow, hope to see even more of you on then, think it's just domsbeard and xer0signal to play before I have a full house.