Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
DomsBeard

Re: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Post by DomsBeard »

Stanshall wrote: January 21st, 2018, 9:34 pm Put it this way, have you ever read Berserk? When Guts is gradually consumed by the Berserker armour and he needs Schierke to bring him back from the bottomless cosmic abyss of pure malice before it burns his soul inside out...

Without being too dramatic, that's me in ranked mode.

:D
I know that feeling. Street Fighter is the only game that makes me want to rip my tv off the wall throw it through my living room window then set my PlayStation on fire. At the same time the rush when I win is ridiculous. No other multiplayer online game gives me the highs and lows of this

My rage is always worse when I lose to Ryu :lol:
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

DomsBeard wrote: January 21st, 2018, 9:51 pm I have HP and HK on r1 and r2. V trigger is L1 and L2 for me
I think I'm settled on L2 for V-trigger and L1 for 3 kicks/punches so I can reliably V-reversal. I'm playing some ranked matches with Sakura on an alt account to avoid running into bloody ISDD while I work things out. Finding it tremendously frustrating at present, lots of accidental DPs and fireballs. So it goes.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Stanshall wrote: January 21st, 2018, 9:34 pm Put it this way, have you ever read Berserk? When Guts is gradually consumed by the Berserker armour and he needs Schierke to bring him back from the bottomless cosmic abyss of pure malice before it burns his soul inside out...

Without being too dramatic, that's me in ranked mode.

:D
Whoa.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Slightly in jest but it brings out the worst in me like no other game! I think it's the frustration of being quite good at SF4 and desperately bad at SFV. I put months and months into 4 at home and in the arcades, every day while I lived in China and then when I first came back home and quickly climbed rank in the Euro region because it was weaker, quite simply. I also don't have the same time to git gud and I feel like I have to unlearn so much muscle memory which doesn't work or doesn't exist that I'm actually at more of a disadvantage than playing something like ARMS or Tekken, where I have no experience. It's a cognitive dissonance thing.

I apologise if I come across as a lunatic, but as with gambling and too much caffeine, I've concluded it's just not very good for me!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

I get what you're saying. :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Stanshall wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 10:03 am Slightly in jest but it brings out the worst in me like no other game! I think it's the frustration of being quite good at SF4 and desperately bad at SFV. I put months and months into 4 at home and in the arcades, every day while I lived in China and then when I first came back home and quickly climbed rank in the Euro region because it was weaker, quite simply. I also don't have the same time to git gud and I feel like I have to unlearn so much muscle memory which doesn't work or doesn't exist that I'm actually at more of a disadvantage than playing something like ARMS or Tekken, where I have no experience. It's a cognitive dissonance thing.

I apologise if I come across as a lunatic, but as with gambling and too much caffeine, I've concluded it's just not very good for me!
You sound just like me :P

Just pick someone new and enjoy like I have done with Laura
Beck

Post by Beck »

I know how you feel Stan, although I was never great at SFIV. :)
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Tonite's da nite!

Shall we say that anyone interested gets online at 8 pm GMT (9 pm to me)?

I've opened a Discord server for anyone who enjoys a good shit talk, advice, words of encouragement and the odd quip and the likes, so access that here. I called it CaR Head2Head. You can play and not join the voice chat of course, I just want that option to be there.

I'll set up a lobby tonight and send invites to those of you who will be online.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I can't confirm if I'll be on tonight but hopefully I'll be able to jump on :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Beck wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 1:36 pm I can't confirm if I'll be on tonight but hopefully I'll be able to jump on :)
Same, hopefully the Mrs will go to bed early :lol:
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Hope to see you turn up, fellas!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I downloaded it again so just depends if I have bulldozed my house or not. Hope to catch you all later.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

My internet is down. Hoping it will be fixed by 20.00.
Beck

Post by Beck »

DomsBeard wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 1:48 pm
Same, hopefully the Mrs will go to bed early :lol:
Haha, I'm the same. I was lucky to get the TV last night to play divinity so two nights in a row might be a street to far.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I still cannot fathom people who have this arrangement!
Completely unworkable as far as I’m concerned.
:lol:
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Seriously, these couch territorial politics that keep popping up on here are just weirding me out.

Just buy a second TV if it's that big of a deal, gentlemen. Can't be worse than sneaking and plotting around like this. :P
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I tell my wife I'm on a course and I just take my consoles to the cheapest B&B I can find for a couple of days.

Edit: Joke.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 4:00 pm I still cannot fathom people who have this arrangement!
Completely unworkable as far as I’m concerned.
:lol:
That is why the Switch is so perfect :lol: :lol:
Beck

Post by Beck »

I can't just wheel through the second TV through when she wants to spend "us time" which normally means arguing about what we want to eat and watch. ;)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I have a bad feeling the servers may be down tonight. See tweet from sfv account 45 mins ago.

Edit: only for 10 mins longer at 11am post. I think we are safe