GTA Online (PS4)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
RoboticMonk3y

Re: GTA Online (PS4)

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

So, here's a funny thing.
I've been playing some GTA, enjoyed jumping in on the forum session last weekend, but I was finding the bikes frustrating as my bike would randomly start veering to the left.
I know that my controller got dropped on the floor, so I figured that the "deadzone" in the middle of my right thumbstick was broken.
I opened up my controller, and dusted off my multi-meter and started poking at the innards to see if I could figure out what was up, everything seemed fine, which was nice, but frustrating, because I couldn't fathom why things weren't working.

quick little bit of googling, which really I should have done first, led me towards a little nugget of information which I wish I'd known earlier...

Did you know, that in GTA, you can enable tilt controls for vehicles?
yea, that's right, you can enable it so that tilting your controller actually steers your vehicle.
I have no idea if this is enabled by default, or if I turned it on by accident, but if you're ever finding helicopters or bikes swerving seemingly under their own control, you might want to peep at the in-game "tilt control" settings before spending an afternoon dismantling your Ps4 controller :lol:
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

HOLY SMOKES THERE ARE TRON BIKES IN GTA!!!
<has a quick google...>

oh, two million...
<carries on about business>
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

JaySevenZero wrote:
Assuming you're on the PS4, so press the option button, go to the Online tab, then go to play GTA Online. This will give you the options to how you want to play, pick the one you want and away you go.
Doh >_< Thanks Jay. I spent ages messing around with the in game phone! And it was just an option on the main menu... Haha.
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

GTA's enjoying a resurgence with the recent Gunrunning update.

A few of the community are playing consistently most evenings (BST), should anyone want to jump on in preparation for (potentially) next year's Red Dead Redemption 2 online, now's a great time to join a friendly group on PS4. You can add myself or Jay on PSN if interested. My ID Follow_My_Ruin.

For what it's worth, we're decked out with military jets, helicopters, land and all new aquatic vehicles and there's a wealth of experience negotiating around the perceived hostility of GTA Online public servers if that's a concern.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Tried to find you online to add mate but Follow_My_Ruin keeps coming back as none found?
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

Whoops. That'll be because it's Follow-My-Ruin. Didn't think that one through sorry.
Miner Willy

Post by Miner Willy »

I'm mildly obsessed with Stunt races currently. And can even win one or two. I've earned more money in GTA Online in the last week than I have in the previous five (?) Years put together