Gears of War 4

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Sean

Gears of War 4

Post by Sean »

Anyone else getting this next week? I need to beef up my friends list with more than just the same 5 people I see online every day, before this releases.
mikeleddy83

Re: Gears of War 4

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I might pick it up, not entirely sure yet. Will keep you posted if I do.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'll be getting it Thursday, I've avoided everything with this but it seems to be launching around £35 which is great.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've got it and will be online tonight if anyone fancies it?
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Myself and Karl have Gears of War 4 so if your up for a few games of Horde then lets sort a date out!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ghost World wrote:Myself and Karl have Gears of War 4 so if your up for a few games of Horde then lets sort a date out!
Late night after 11 works for me most nights so let me know.
eastmcduck

Post by eastmcduck »

I'm really wanting to play this, but I'm hesitant to buy it. I built myself a new gaming PC and want to play it on that, but I'm reluctant to pay full price for digital only games. Anyone else having this same dilemma?
Sean

Post by Sean »

eastmcduck wrote:I'm really wanting to play this, but I'm hesitant to buy it. I built myself a new gaming PC and want to play it on that, but I'm reluctant to pay full price for digital only games. Anyone else having this same dilemma?
Yeah, it's a gamble for sure. I just trade stuff in for store credit whenever I plan on getting digital. Think I only paid $20 for this and Titanfall 2, in the end.
eastmcduck

Post by eastmcduck »

@Sean
Problem is I don't have much to trade. Most of my games are for PC. I have a bunch of Xbox 360 games I wouldn't mind parting with, but I don't see them being worth much in trade. Might try my luck anyway and see if I can get a few bucks off of Gears.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Up to Act 4 Chapter 5 and struggling with the boss but it is absolutely incredible. Best Gears section since the one just before Dom makes his exit in 3. It is tough as nails but not unfair as all my deaths have been my own fault. AI could be a little more helpful mind.

Be a funny game to look back on as the first two acts are dull and repetitive. Only gets going once
Spoiler: show
Marcus arrives
Also, Gears 4 drinking game have a shot
Every time JD says ''Dad''
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

So she is the Locust Queens Granddaughter then?, did wonder why she was still alive and why they attacked that settlement. Also is the post credits scene with Oscar there for everyone?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ending thoughts:
DomsBeard wrote:
So she is the Locust Queens Granddaughter then?, did wonder why she was still alive and why they attacked that settlement. Also is the post credits scene with Oscar there for everyone?
Sean

Post by Sean »

DomsBeard wrote:Ending thoughts:
DomsBeard wrote:
Yes, to both!
I think they were expecting us to be all like "Yay! He's still alive!" and, while it was cute, I just kinda went "ah, neat!" We didn't have nearly enough time with him to get a connection, IMO.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Really enjoying my playthrough on Hardcore but this is the first gears game to make me get eye strain from the wobbly camera! It's ridiculous at times!

On the last act of chapter 4. Don't think there's been a dull moment for me. I've enjoyed every second but I do agree it improves at a certain point.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

First time poster here.
I've just built a PC and made Gears of War 4 my first purchase to test it out. I've only played Gears 2 before and finished it at a friends so I've had a long break from the series.
I'm half way through act 3 and enjoying it. I was a bit underwhelmed at first but now the enemies are a bit tougher and varied instead of the robots, my opinion on the game has improved. It's running well and I'm looking forward to playing more. The firefight at Doms house and subsequent motorbike chase have been the standout moments so far.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Having played the first 3 with a particular mate, I've held off pressing on with this so we can play through together - so often the best way with certain games.

So until he picks it up I'll be putting this off :( .

Looking forward to getting into Horde 3.0 too, I'll be rocking my El-P skin.