Standby for Titanfall (2)!

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Flabyo

Standby for Titanfall (2)!

Post by Flabyo »

Caved in the end and bought this for my XBO.

It sounds like there might be some sort of 'Multiplayer Network' thing, clan support perhaps?

I'll have a poke when I actually get a chance to play it this evening.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Standby for Titanfall (2)!

Post by ratsoalbion »

I was gonna go PS4 this time around... more pixels innit (probably).
;) :?
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

This games been sent out to die unfortunately, a release date between Battlefield 1 & CoD has got to be the biggest marketing fuck up since the Wii U. I've seen absolutely no advertising for it. Maybe the publishers expectations for it dropped a bit when it got less than favourable feedback from their "tech test", yeah, they were betas, guys, where has this tech test term come from?
Its a shame that Reapawn seem to have focused more on the infantry combat in a game about piloting giant mechs and has the name Titanfall 2. An odd decision considering piloting a titan was really the only stand out thing Titanfall had over its fps competition. On the plus side the campaign is supposed to be very good and they have announced all dlc is free, something positive to increase sales. For me i think i'll be waiting to next year when there will be a Pricefall(pun intended), did not enjoy the tech tests at all after loving Titanfall on XBO.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The reviews seem pretty hot on it, calling it the best fps single player campaign of the year. In a year that has Doom.

I never got the whole thing about the original supposedly dying off quickly. Maybe it did on PC, but I was having no trouble finding games on the Xbox pretty much until I switched it out for Splatoon.

I have bugger all interest in battlefield or cod, I don't have the patience for the pacing of those games anymore.
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

i can never understand what the publisher was thinking when it thought it was a good idea to put titanfall 2 against cod and battlefield. this game is awesome and so much better than black ops 3 for example. if it had come out in a less exiting time it would have been much better off since it wouldn't be trampled over by the big "greats".
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

I'm gonna be getting this on PC. :)
Sean

Post by Sean »

Ah this reminds me, I did set up a Cane and Rinse network on XB1 for anyone who wants to join. Let me know what the happy hour should be!
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

what is your ea origin gamertag Josh? mine is TheUppu. in case we might be playing at the same time!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I wish it was cross-buy across all three formats!
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

totally. i was so torn between xbone and pc but well it being an fps, in the end i decided pc of course. more games should be xbone - pc cross-buy at least as Microsoft has made it easier now
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Sean wrote:Ah this reminds me, I did set up a Cane and Rinse network on XB1 for anyone who wants to join. Let me know what the happy hour should be!
I'll join as soon as the update drops mate. Still need to join the PS4 community I think. I'm sure I've done it already though...

Bloody love this game! Got it on the xbone so I could brow beat my mates into getting it too :D Not managed to play it because I've been playing destiny pvp with the same guys and I've almost got my hunter up to 400
Suits

Post by Suits »

Managed to inherit a copy of this through Gameshare on my Xbox 1.

Really looking forward to getting on with it.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The single player campaign is *outstanding*.

I'm starting to get back into the right cadence for playing the MP now, had some properly decent games last night.

I'd forgotten that on foot it doesn't play like a normal military shooter. Stay mobile, use wall runs to speed up. The goal is to be moving as fast as you can, and off the floor as much as you can. If you're just moving around on the ground like in CoD you will die a lot.
Sean

Post by Sean »

skidoosh wrote:
Sean wrote:Ah this reminds me, I did set up a Cane and Rinse network on XB1 for anyone who wants to join. Let me know what the happy hour should be!
I'll join as soon as the update drops mate. Still need to join the PS4 community I think. I'm sure I've done it already though...

Bloody love this game! Got it on the xbone so I could brow beat my mates into getting it too :D Not managed to play it because I've been playing destiny pvp with the same guys and I've almost got my hunter up to 400
Hey, sorry I meant the in-game network, not the Xbox Club.
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

I reinstalled Titanfall 2 on PC a couple of days ago, and i have fallen i love with it (again).
Is anyone here still playing it?