CaR MMO groups?

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Bluebird55

CaR MMO groups?

Post by Bluebird55 »

Hi all,

Title says it all, are there any groups we have on any MMOs? F2P or P2P? Some info would be great.

Cheers 🐦
Alex79

Re: C&R MMO groups?

Post by Alex79 »

I've downloaded the new Marvel game that's F2P on PS4 if anyone is interested in giving that a go?
Bluebird55

Re: CaR MMO groups?

Post by Bluebird55 »

Sounds epic, I will look into it!
countstex

Post by countstex »

Marvel Heroes? Been playing that on and off on PC since it came out. Could be decent enough with the right group. :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That's the one. Thought it looked Ok, I'll try to give it a try over the weekend.
Bluebird55

Post by Bluebird55 »

Sounds good, has anyone played City of Heroes/ City of Villains? I played the trial about 5, 7ish years ago and I actually enjoyed it!
countstex

Post by countstex »

Bluebird55 wrote: May 27th, 2017, 1:16 am Sounds good, has anyone played City of Heroes/ City of Villains? I played the trial about 5, 7ish years ago and I actually enjoyed it!
That was a great game. Linda and I spent hundreds of hours in it. Sadly it went dark about 5 years ago.
Bluebird55

Post by Bluebird55 »

countstex wrote: May 27th, 2017, 6:57 am
That was a great game. Linda and I spent hundreds of hours in it. Sadly it went dark about 5 years ago.
Really? So you can't play it anymore? That sucks! I used to play Star Wars Galaxy about 8 years ago, I found out a couple of years ago that they had to stop it because there weren't enough subs, I also played Dungeon Runners (Both of which I loved) which shared the same fate, although there are rumours that a private server is being looked into, such a shame, I had thought of playing Runescape recently but aaah I dunno.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I've never got into an MMO since my chronic WoW addiction. Yes, it was an addiction.

That game was so good, no other MMO comes close for my tastes.
Bluebird55

Post by Bluebird55 »

dezm0nd wrote: June 19th, 2017, 8:19 pm I've never got into an MMO since my chronic WoW addiction. Yes, it was an addiction.

That game was so good, no other MMO comes close for my tastes.
I agree, to a certain extent desm0nd. It's great because you can go exploring on your mount (I managed to get the somewhat rare emerald drake) but I find it's repetitive, plus you have to be absolutely bloody amazing in order to go far on there, players are rather critical and anal when it comes to group finding, plus when you've hit lvl 110 all it consists of then is mainly farming, not really worth £10.99 pcm in my book, Runescape's far better imo because you can do mini games like completing Clue Scrolls, I really do miss the mounts on WoW, don't get me wrong I spend most of my time redoing the old raids like Mogu'shan Vaults in hopes of getting the mount there plus ToT, it's just farming, in fact, both games involve farming. It gets boring :|
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

So, I know this is an old post - but just to add my bit on here. I think the lack of any CaR MMO groups come down to the way in which many of us play games in this community.

It isn't true of everyone of course and you'll find many exceptions to the rule but a large portion of posters on this forum are dedicated to the pursuit of playing X game until Y goal (be that credits, completion or whatever) and then moving onto the next. For many, a dedicated MMO will be nothing more than a flirtation of sorts, a brief dive before resuming the status quo.

For the core contributors themselves at CaR managing groups would be different, what with the already heavy play-load.

That said, you will find indivuals willing to play with you on certain MMO's just not an official CaR community present as such.