Splatoon 2

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Splatoon 2 game night - Saturday, 9PM BST August 5th

Post by ratsoalbion »

Not bothering.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Cool. Haven't played Rainmaker before, so sorry team... had no idea what to do with it!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Me neither!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Haven't checked out the Splatfests yet, so think I'll play for another handful of games then investigate it!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

#TeamKetchup if anyone wants to join me!

Thanks for some fun games all.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

That was a really fun session. A nice palette cleanser after getting a bit salty at Splatfest too. That last push to the top rank is always a bit of a slog. So it was fun to have some more friendly matches and some Rainmaker too.

Were people in some kind of voice chat though? I might have tried to join in if there was. Also would have been interesting to have a go at spectator mode when the room was otherwise too full.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No-one was in voice comms as far as I know.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Great fun that was Gents.

Played loads of new game types tonight.

Rainmaker is great though, that's sooo good. Was pretty spun out at first and by mistake grabbed the THING right from under Flybo - then just froze :lol: .

The emote signs are handy though and used sparingly I find, so when they are used they're genuine.

That was the most fun I've had with Splatoon 2 so far.

Thanks for organising !!!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It was a good time. We got loads done in the 90 minutes and didn't feel like we short changed the game.

Learnt about the new modes without penalty and felt no pressure on myself when losing because of new guns etc.

It's why I wanted to play with us lot. Whenever I'm playing online pubicaly I find myself doing what I do best but here i could be a bit more creative.

Thanks to everyone who turned up. Really appreciate your time, especially during splatfest.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

For what its worth, even if you know the rules for Rainmaker its still hard to know which way to go if you've not learned how each of the maps change in that mode, which I've not done myself yet. They add extra walls etc... to make sure you can't take the most direct route to goal. (well, apart from on one of the maps, where if you're not awake the rounds last about 30 seconds).
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

dezm0nd wrote: August 6th, 2017, 8:18 am It was a good time. We got loads done in the 90 minutes and didn't feel like we short changed the game.

Learnt about the new modes without penalty and felt no pressure on myself when losing because of new guns etc.

It's why I wanted to play with us lot. Whenever I'm playing online pubicaly I find myself doing what I do best but here i could be a bit more creative.

Thanks to everyone who turned up. Really appreciate your time, especially during splatfest.
Were we able to change weapons in between games? I missed that if so!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Yup, you can change weapons and gear in private lobbies. You do it by pressing + on the screen where everyone has been put into teams and it's waiting for everyone to say they're ready.

I still have zero idea why they don't let you do this in the waiting lobby for online matchmaking.
Suits

Post by Suits »

That's seems like such an oversight, not clearly being able to switch out load outs between matches.

I had what felt like, such an awful load out for turf war, I'd have loved to have switched it up but ended up using the same one for the entire night.

I initially thought, until now, that people were using amiibo's with load outs set to them to switch up between rounds.

Still, was good fun. I certainly picked up a few pointers from watching everyone too.

I didn't miss the communications as much as I'd expected either, after a while you just got used to it.

Let's organise a Salmon Run evening !!!!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Salmon Run would be great! We might need to have multiple rooms for that though, considering it's four-player max.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Flabyo wrote: August 6th, 2017, 8:47 am Yup, you can change weapons and gear in private lobbies. You do it by pressing + on the screen where everyone has been put into teams and it's waiting for everyone to say they're ready.

I still have zero idea why they don't let you do this in the waiting lobby for online matchmaking.
Balancing I guess? There must be a reason given how much articles and reviews asked for it.
ADumican83

Re: Splatoon 2

Post by ADumican83 »

This is in the sale on eshop and I'm unsure about whether or not I should buy it. I know it's not your typical shooter and it looks like a game you need to play to understand it. I'm in 2 minds at the minute. I wish there was a demo.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I know some people don't click with it and I tend to go through phases but it is a bloody brilliant game. It has a massive player base and will likely last beyond the lifespan of the Switch. It's constantly being updated and tweaked, a real labour of love and serious investment from Nintendo.

It's different because you're focused not only on shooting your opponents but controlling space and mobility options by spraying ink and crucially spraying over your opponents' ink. Some modes are purely about covering more of the map with ink, as you may know. It's much more varied than the first game though, in terms of modes.

I would say it's well worth a punt. If you're concerned, you can probably get a physical copy for cheaper than the eShop price and flog it for not much less than you paid.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

That said, the Octo expansion is absolute gash.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Stanshall wrote: June 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm That said, the Octo expansion is absolute gash.
Oh really, that's such a shame I had reasonably high hopes for this expansion.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

On the other hand the expansion is reviewing at 80% currently, so your opinion may differ.