Worms

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Simonsloth

Worms

Post by Simonsloth »

I don’t know how practical this is but I was thinking it would be a fun idea to try and get a game of online worms given it’s on the podcast list this year.

I’ve never played it online as it’s always been a couch co-op favourite but would be fun if anyone else is interested.

What’s the best version for online play?
Alex79

Re: Worms

Post by Alex79 »

I got Worms Armageddon on 360 - don't know if the servers are still active, but your best bet is probably the one they gave away a couple of months back on PS+, Worms Battlegrounds.

I only ever played Worms World Party online on PC back in the day. It was just full of people who were absolute ninjas with the rope. Swinging around the map like they'd been practicing 24 hours a day since release! Suffice to say, I got annihilated every match!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No servers involved with XBLA games like Worms so you can still play it peer to peer, and it’s a fine version.

Battlegrounds is serviceable and has been free on both Games With Gold and PS+ so a lot of people have it.

Highest recommendation goes to the more recent WMD which is widely regarded as the best one for years, if not ever.
Hallam Akbar

Post by Hallam Akbar »

Worms WMD is on all current gen platforms I think so that one is probably the easiest to play online.
Spacefarer

Post by Spacefarer »

Maybe a little late to the party on this one, but Worms Armageddon (the original PC version) with the latest patch works great online. Servers and everything.