Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Re: Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Long hiatus (one dead PS3 and an expired gold subscription) and a good solid weekend on the social side but I'll be on sometime today. How's the turnout been so far and what's the prime point to jump online today?

Thanks for putting me in the mod bracket, it's an honour :D
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Turnout was shite. Just me and Ash dicking about on an empty server with Mr. Noisey for an hour before bailing and joining a populated one. One that we kicked ass on i might add.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Unfortunately it's incredibly hard to get game nights together and well attended as we've found out repeatedly over the years, despite the popularity and healthy communities of both GamerDork and C&R.

The most consistently popular/long running event was probably GamerDork's Monday night Forza sessions which kind of came about organically.

That's not to say we didn't have some fantastic nights with our Killzone 2/3/BFBC2/BF3 clans, but it's notoriously difficult to get people to commit, for whatever reasons.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

ill be on from now till the wee hours but not sure if we'll get much done on the server.

Whatever the weather if this has done no more than get a few decent peeps together on better servers its still a community thing!

*cries into the 5.49 receipt for the server* :-)

....Still 5 days to go!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Persistence is indeed your best bet.
We really appreciate your efforts by the way.

I would love to join you but my growing pile of games to review for work is unlikely to make this possible, sadly.
I will try to get on if I see you guys 'at it' and have a window :)
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Cheers to the few that showed up over the weekend, especially for tolerating my piss poor skills and slight inebriation last night!

I've pretty much used up my TV time points with the mrs for a bit so will do my best to get on for the rest of the week but it will be late evenings.

Had a friend from belgium who runs his own server full time offer some good advice last night for pushing the server up the rankings and getting more traffic to it so will make the changes tonight if I get a chance, I've also adjusted it so it will start a game with only 4 people instead of 8.

Happy Monday Folks!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Apologies for my random verbal diatribes last night, I was in a weird mood to begin with and let it get the better of me. :oops:
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

It was fun times :lol:

The Muppet church is definitely something I would like to see you set up! For some reason i'm picturing it on kickstarter ;)
MrNoisy

Post by MrNoisy »

Indiana747 wrote:Just me and Ash dicking about on an empty server with Mr. Noisey for an hour before bailing and joining a populated one. One that we kicked ass on i might add.
Great game that; shame I couldn't hear everything - wish there was a way to turn the battle sound effects down a bit and turn up the comms! Perhaps a headset would cure that.... one day maybe!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Personally, i've given up waiting. :lol:
Although, at least you don't sit in the gunner seat in a tank(while not actually realising you're in a tank) and not shoot any of the guys that were swarming round us with C4 sandwiches. Ahem! Not mentioning anyone in particular here Matt. :P
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Mr Noisy can have my ear piece with a broken ear bit if he wants, I'm guessing he has a lot saved up to say! lol

On the tank subject, to quote a certain harry enfield actress from back in the day, I gave you fair warning and..... "I was avvin a fag!!!"

I did enjoy a slightly drunken laugh at myself though when I picked up the ear piece to hear a level 99 BF3 player shouting into the ether, shoot them you ***%%^$^& for gods sake you useless *&&*^*&*& they're swarming us!

much love for your patience Don, only a man that can plant C4 on himself whilst on top of a tank and ask Mr Noisy to explode it all with an unguided RPG so you can play the metagame "I'm the flash/superman (depends on the results - try it!!) from the DC universe on a dead server could possibly tolerate my far from acceptable skills

Imagining this in the real world, if myself and Don found ourselves in real wartime, I would be Forest Gump getting shot in the arse whilst being the medic that tries to jump in to correct my mistake that caused the death of my squad

I like to think that I confused the enemy into focusing on the tank whilst Don took them out from afar - the probable reality is that Mr 99 managed to hold off an entire platoon with nothing but his massive gun

he has got a massive gun :twisted:
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Your a top bloke Matt, but you don't half ramble on. :lol:
Was fun, sorry if my tirade of expletives offended, eh, fuck that, im not sorry, you should have been shootin their asses off with that 50 cal instead of being on a fag break Waynetta. :P
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Yeah, what's with these bloody smoking breaks anyway? They bugger off and leave us non-smokers to hold the fort whilst they put the war on hold to get their nicotine fix. I'm tempted to switch sides the next time the bloody junkies leave us and deliver them some pain upon their return! ;)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sorry to pollute the air ("fresh air phil?" not sure that works) but I'm on tonight, might not be able to push past midnight as I've got work tomorrow morning but I'll try to make the most of it from 10pm.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Hi All,

with the help of some friends it seems we had a fully populated server for most of later half of last week so in honor of the double xp weekend I've extended it for a month, it will probably take a little time to fill back up but hopefully see some of you on there tonight

enjoy!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

So that was the C&R server that i was sitting in a queue for 5 mins but never got in. Thats a good sign Matt, great stuff.
Btw, sorry i didnt squad up when you guys joined up in the game i was in. I was with guys that i have been playing BF3 with for the last couple of months.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Ashguyver wrote:Hi All,

with the help of some friends it seems we had a fully populated server for most of later half of last week so in honor of the double xp weekend I've extended it for a month, it will probably take a little time to fill back up but hopefully see some of you on there tonight

enjoy!
That's mighty kind of you sir! cheers! :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Brilliant stuff!
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

I've added everyone to VIP so they will skip ques, you are also all admins so should be able to kick to join. Cheers guys
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Server is officially full, we've had to make some compromises on map rotation to do so though so if that isn't working for any of you let me know

thnks