Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Re: Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sounds like a good time to get this thread re-rolling, BF3 will be new on plus in 2 weeks! Anybody with plus should get on board, if not you're missing out on some great experiences.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Hope that its not just the single player on the PS+ freebie list. Really could do with some C&R players on BF3. Ive met alot of nice guys that ive added to my friends list on this game but you cant beat playing with a community like C&R(alot of whom i know from GamerDork days).
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Indiana747 wrote:Hope that its not just the single player on the PS+ freebie list. Really could do with some C&R players on BF3. Ive met alot of nice guys that ive added to my friends list on this game but you cant beat playing with a community like C&R(alot of whom i know from GamerDork days).
Nope, it's the whole thing just not the premium edition so you'd best hope people got that free close quarters dlc from a week or so back. The online pass was updated recently to the price of "FREE" and the video on the ps blog indicated that you should look forward to trying the DLC packs so it's all but an official statement on that Don. Let the good times roll!

Speaking of BF3, I finally got a game or two in last night and it was immense. My PKP pecheneg absolutely minced a huge group on grand bazaar and despite the intentions of playing solo the teams were so perfectly balanced I always felt involved.. possibly even passionate, great fun!
countstex

Post by countstex »

I'll certainly be checking the game out next month. Never played a Battlefield in my life mind.. no not true.. 1943 I played a little.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

countstex wrote:I'll certainly be checking the game out next month. Never played a Battlefield in my life mind.. no not true.. 1943 I played a little.
I was the same till battlefield 3, get stuck into to the multiplayer its a tough learning curve (well it was For me joining after 11 months) but it's the most I've laughed, shouted and swore (sometimes all 3 together) in a videogame. :)
StuartPD

Post by StuartPD »

I'll be obtaining BF3 next month on PS3 as part of PS+. I've never played BF online before, so would be up for playing some & learning the ropes
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

No problemo Stuart. As long as you have a mic & are not adverse to shouting profanities while online. This offer goes to anyone else thinking of jumping online with BF3 when it becomes available on plus. I am usually on most evenings, yes, i know, its nearly 2yrs old & im still playing it. To be honest in the last 2 yrs it hasn't had any competition in my eyes & i play alot of FPS games. None have come close, unless i go back to Bad Company 2 that is.
Anyway, the offer is there for all. Ive got plenty of tips for staying alive longer & shootin more bad guys on a regular basis. Add me on PSN if interested.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Ah bad company 2 nights .... For nearly a year I forgot what it was like to go to bed before 2am lol .... Happy days
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Good games last night, I'm almost confident as a gunner on the tank. Still can't follow the mini-map while scanning the distant targets though.

It's going to be strange making that decision between classic maps or dlc in the coming weeks, I wonder how many people are going to endure the campaign before the online numbers explode.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yeah, i felt we did ok last night, shame we lost those games. What made things worse was that the opposition were poor but played the objective very well indeed. That & the fact we were the only squad trying to capture objectives. Doesn't matter how bad the opp force is, as long as the majority are trying to do the same thing, they have a high chance of winning. Responding rapidly to flags that are flashing is paramount, every second counts. Theres no time to fanny about. Cut off the problem before they cap the point & can spawn there.
Like i said before Mike, the one eye on the mini-map thing becomes second nature when playing consistently. Watching enemy patterns of movement, most players use the same lanes between points all the time. When you spot an enemy, it becomes a battle of second guessing what they are gonna do. Things like engaging an enemy at distance (100m+) with a reflex or Kobra sight is unadvisable, they could turn around with a scoped weapon & two decent hits is all it takes. Spotting them, gives more info on them with the audible shout of "recon spotted" or " i just spotted an enemy soldier"(which is engineer btw). Then from this info you can weigh up your options as you know what weapons are available to those classes.
The nuances of this shooter are endless & its annoying when gamers look down their nose at people who play these games. Every game has its own skill level to master, BF3's is deeper than most.
General Aquila

Post by General Aquila »

Downloading BF3 to my HDD now. Will be down for some gameplay later this evening if anybody is about.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Same, looking forward to getting in to this, been wanting to get back in to an online shooter. Good times! Add me - Alex79uk
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Did you guys need to patch up after downloading the game or was it packed in? I'd love to get a game or two in later on if anyone's aboot.
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Got this downloaded last night, would love to get some games in over this weekend as I haven't played Battlefield in too long. My PSN id is Damocles693 if anyone wants to add me?
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

i'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to add me, ashguyver1 or ashguyver on psn i think
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

PSN is sooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooow!

Been downloading since Wed on and off - 71%

>_<
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Weird thing is I re-downloaded 12GB (I think, or was it 17GB) of Deadly Premonition the other day and it seemed surprisingly speedy.
I was hoping that Sony had made some improvements but it must have been a fluke.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Best to download overnight on standby shutdown. Your broadband, if its anything like mine is alot slower during the daytime. My internet is 3mb max download at the minute, welcome to the future, eh? But still got downloading 22gb Ni No Kuni overnight.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Can you set your console to turn off after downloading then? What if I've got like three paused downloads and one active - would it switch off after finishing the active one (which is what I want it to do).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes just start the downloads then switch off via the XMB and it'll give you the option.