Persona 4: Arena

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Combine Hunter

Persona 4: Arena

Post by Combine Hunter »

I know this game isn't out yet, but I thought it was worth organising a game night now, ready for its release.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Persona 4: Arena

Post by ratsoalbion »

Does it come out on Friday over here in Europe?
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Not sure, I think they recently pushed the date back again
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I'm going to be creating an official game night thread which will reference upcoming games in it for potential game nights. Obvious one would be Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
Does Persona 4 Arena have a private room feature like Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken? Otherwise it's going to be a pain in the ass.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

Combine Hunter wrote:Not sure, I think they recently pushed the date back again
Until when?! D:
link6616

Post by link6616 »

The Sonic Mole wrote:
Combine Hunter wrote:Not sure, I think they recently pushed the date back again
Until when?! D:
At this point, I'm beginning to suspect the game is a hoax. Also, first region locked PS3 game!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

EDIT: Really need to restrain my negativity so I'm deleting my ramblings, these links should sum it up though :)
link6616

Post by link6616 »

To be fair though, I don't like slagging on niche companies but P4A really has been terribly mishandled as an international release. A little delay is fine, we all expect that, but this kind of endless saying whenever we get it combined with that region locking looks really bad, especially on PS3 and given basically there aren't any extra language options for players who speak those non English/Japanese languages (who are quite a sizeable group, especially in Europe I hear). Hindsight is 20/20, but I think they probably did worse by announcing a release here, given atlus games don't often come to the EU no one would have been surprised... And then they could have gone 'HEY GUYS, WE ARE ON THIS P4 THING"

But I don't think they expected these delays at all. I trust Zen honestly had every intention of putting this out at the end of August... I assume we have atlus to blame for this at this point, but obviously we can't really know that for sure. I hope this actually comes out before march next year... Otherwise I'm going to have to find a sub for P4A at the next big tournament where I am.
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

I was really looking forward to this game buy the European release has been a complete joke.

The official statements say they're waiting for a new build of the game, but having already said that it won't be getting any further localisation in other languages I'm struggling to see why this has been delayed for so long. It's almost like Atlus knew this was going to happen and then decided to region lock it :o

When I've checked the official Facebook page, they seem perfectly fine not mentioning any release news, yet they've been happily showing off the game at expos all across Europe for the last few months. Bravo.
link6616

Post by link6616 »

Well, I think that pretty much all they are waiting on is an EU signed copy basically... Since all the ratings are done, and no language stuff (and I believe unified servers too) so it's pretty absurd that this hasn't been dealt with. I actually got to play the game recently on a hacked PS3. It's super impressive... I'm kind of hoping that as opposed to being dead on arrival, the interest PAL regions have will revive it.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

So this game is actually coming out soon. Is anyone still interested? I imagine my Persona addiction will kick in, and I'll buy it regardless.
James

Post by James »

Combine Hunter wrote:So this game is actually coming out soon. Is anyone still interested? I imagine my Persona addiction will kick in, and I'll buy it regardless.
Definitely interested, but I'd love to know how it performs on stick vs pad.

Will you be going for 360 or PS3, Josh?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Noticed this on the 360 coming soon bit in Game the other day. Never played a Persona before am I right in thinking that it's been a PlayStation exclusive?
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

DomsBeard wrote:Noticed this on the 360 coming soon bit in Game the other day. Never played a Persona before am I right in thinking that it's been a PlayStation exclusive?
Yes it has been PlayStation exclusive until now. Catherine came out on 360, but that's not really a Persona game, just made by the same team.

I hear the story in P4A is meant to follow straight on from Persona 4 and bring in parts of P3 as well, so I'm not sure how much sense it'll make if you haven't played either of those. But this being a fighting game, I'm not sure if that'll really matter.

Got my preorder in for the PS3 version (just £25 with the soundtrack at Grainger). Would really like to get an arcade stick as well but I really don't play enough fighters to justify it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Oh it's a fighter? I thought it was a jrpg for some reason.
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

DomsBeard wrote:Oh it's a fighter? I thought it was a jrpg for some reason.
All the previous ones have been JRPGs, possibly getting confused with Persona 4 Golden that came out on Vita this year?

This is a 2D fighter by Arc System Works (BlazBlue, Guilty Gear ...)

Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Right, so I won the 360 version at GPLEX. Anyone want to go a few rounds?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I might just order meself a copy (360, natch).
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I only have it on Playstation 3,sorry.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Well Leon, if you do get it, I'll be waiting.