The 'I want your stuff' Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Beck

Re: The 'I want your stuff' Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Post by Beck »

I've added you guys.

I wasn't so keen on the game at first but it is starting to grow on me. :D
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

So... one of my villagers has been massively hitting on me. I have no other explanation for it. He has sent me five letters. They are as follows:

"My beloved Seward,
Picking out this furniture felt like we were about to start a new life together. I had a feeling this would blend right in with the rest of your belongings.
Is this real? --Ed"

"Listen to this, Seward,
I had this dream... Your hair was wet from the endless rain... As I stood watching, it started floating like seaweed in a storm. I think it means you need to shower more.
--Ed, the dreamer"

"To Seward,
I picked out this wallpaper just for you. It's exactly the kind of thing I'd like to have in my house. Though maybe I've gotten a little ahead of myself here...
--Decorator Ed"

"To midnight's Seward,
What do you wish for when you look up at the night sky? I wish for someone special to be there watching the stars with me. Who's the special someone? I wonder...
From believer Ed"

"To Seward,
I heard that it can be easier to say something in a letter than face-to-face. That's why I'm writing these words: you're cool. Wow! Like a weight's lifted!
From the shy Ed"

He's straight up said that he wants to move in with me and he dreams of me in the shower.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well you should be flattered. Are you going to break his heart?
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

ratsoalbion wrote:Well you should be flattered. Are you going to break his heart?
I suppose I never thought about the orientation of the character that I'm playing as -- how much are we playing as ourselves in Animal Crossing vs. how much are we playing a character? If I was playing as myself, I would run away in terror at the sight of the town's residents most of the time.
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

Anyone still playing this? Recently considered picking it up as I've never played an AC game but fancy giving it a go.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've got 90 hours on my clock and I still dip in, especially since the substantial new update.

Buyer beware though, Animal Crossing is definitely not for everyone.
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

That's my worry. Is there a New Leaf demo? That would be ideal. Also, none of my friends will be playing this I can guarantee. Will that limit my enjoyment?
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

ratsoalbion wrote:Buyer beware though, Animal Crossing is definitely not for everyone.
That's a fair warning. It never clicked with me. It's the only Nintendo franchise that I don't really like (New Leaf is the only one I've played). I really wish that I liked it because a lot of people are really into it.