The 'I want your stuff' Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
JJClarke

Re: The 'I want your stuff' Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Post by JJClarke »

Hello, I'm about to add everyone on the list. I have oranges and pears, well at least until they grow back. My friend code is: 2621-3068-4204. Next time i'll be on is probably Sunday night though. I look forward to trading and snooping around your lovely towns
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

JJClarke wrote:Hello, I'm about to add everyone on the list. I have oranges and pears, well at least until they grow back. My friend code is: 2621-3068-4504. Next time i'll be on is probably Sunday night though. I look forward to trading and snooping around your lovely towns
Just tried adding you but I'm getting code incorrect from that for some reason.
JJClarke

Post by JJClarke »

Thanks for telling me, I've edited it now. Darn numbers!

I've added everyone now
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I'm all out of fruit now until some of it grows back.

Is anyone going to ride the stalk market? Might be worth adding people as best friends so you can ping everyone at once when you are online what the prices are. That chat works really well, I can imagine it'll come in really handy.
CodeThief

Post by CodeThief »

I'm totally and utterly hooked on this game. I am rather annoyed at the daft shop opening times though. Yes I know I could change the time but I don't want to. Ugly Geezer let me know that apparently you can make a mayoral decree to keep them open later, at some point. That would be good.

How the hell do you catch the floating presents on balloons?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You'll need a catapult.

Things like real shop opening times are kind of the point though ;-p
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Yeah this game has been on pretty much since Friday. If it's not me playing, then it's Gemma so don't feel like i'm ignoring anyone if you see my console online! :)

It's so nice to be back in Animal Crossing's world even if I kinda wanted to do EVERYTHING on day one. I forgot to just take it easy and watch the world go by.
CodeThief

Post by CodeThief »

ratsoalbion wrote:You'll need a catapult.

Things like real shop opening times are kind of the point though ;-p
Cheers

What's "the point" of it? They open at 9am and close at 11pm; no real shop has such daft opening times! They're not open when I have some early-morning gaming time and are shut by the time I can sit down to game in the evening :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well it's the notion, the impression that each Animal Crossing town is its own 'living entity', with a schedule and seasons and all that.

I would say 9am to 11pm gives most people a more than reasonable opportunity, and - for what it's worth - there are plenty of shops that keep those hours (or near equivalent) in towns I know (London, Brighton).

But yeah, sucks to be you on this occasion. Anyway at least this is the first game in the series where you will ultimately be able to have things revolve around you a bit more.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'm sure the more time and money you invest in the town, the bigger the shops get and have better opening times. Wasn't one of them a 24 hour shop at one point on the DS version?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You might be right actually.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Going to open my gates again at 9pm if anybody wants to pop in and add to lists. Still no apples til tomorrow (possibly) but some mean night fishing likely to be going on.
CodeThief

Post by CodeThief »

So what's all this opening gates and visiting other towns thing about then? Do people have free reign? I'm up for a bit of night fishing :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

If you tell Porter the station monkey that you wish to visit 'faraway' towns, he'll show you a list of your friends who are online with their gates open at that point. If you want people to see your town on their list of available towns, you need to have your gate open.

For obvious reasons you can't do both at the same time though!
CodeThief

Post by CodeThief »

Thanks for the invitation Leddy! Caught a fish I was missing from my collection too :)

Typing is such a ballache on the 3DS though, wish they'd introduce Swype!
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

dezm0nd wrote:I'm sure the more time and money you invest in the town, the bigger the shops get and have better opening times. Wasn't one of them a 24 hour shop at one point on the DS version?
Sadly not. The only place that's open all the time is the Post Office. I like to go in on a night to wind Phyllis up.

I don't want to go too far into what happens if you spend money in the shops or talk to specific characters. I think that's part of the fun learning what comes along if you concentrate on doing certain things.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I noticed I had mail from you this morning, is that an unlockable feature or am I missing something? (found out it was posted in my town, fever pitch excitement over)

and yeah, if anyone else is opening their gates, invite me, I'm not that bad (just boring) :D

I did actually "get" a few of those floating presents but only when they took a nose dive at the far cliff of my town after hitting them with the net, the result was 2 presents on a beach that has no access. Hope I can get a bridge quick!
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

You can bust balloons with the net?
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sly Reflex wrote:You can bust balloons with the net?
Just at the point it dips off the cliff, it drops enough to give it a whack! That's what those presents in my village on the inaccessible beach to the east were a product of.

I start as mayor tomorrow so there are big changes coming to my town soon, mostly with the intention of reaching those presents... happiness for the people comes later!
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I should be able to whack those presents then, my beach only cuts off for 1/4 of an acre.

Now I've mentioned acres I've reminded myself that I'm going to have to mark them out somehow so I can get what the game considers perfect placement of trees and flowers.

EDIT: I've had a good look and I think that it uses the 16x16 plan that the other games used. Although, I'm struggling to get things marked out. The previous games I had no trouble marking out the map as it was kind of angular in design. The maps here are a complete bastard to mark up. If anyone wants help in doing it I don't mind coming in and showing you how to do it. I'm not marking everything out though, it takes forever to do the whole village. However, it does make getting the perfect village stuff a lot easier once everything is set in place. I'd recommend going for it if you don't already do it. If anything it's something of a goal to do in a mostly directionless game