MGS: Peace Walker

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
MAp

MGS: Peace Walker

Post by MAp »

After hearing the C&R podcast on Peace Wlaker and realising you can't do...transfarring from the Vita to the PS3 I restarted my game in the hope of getting a lot further, maybe even completing it. I've had a good go and played co-op with a few friends and random but I just encountered my first real boss and hit a huge metal tank of a boss and can't get any further.
I would just let random people enter my game for some help but after my last new friend joined me, put down some boxes around a tank, then suddenly lifted that tank into the sky I think playing with someone my level may be a better idea.

So if anyone is looking to play some Peace walker co-op on PS3 my PSN name is MAp-MAp and lets do it!
And I'm not too far in so if you've had a copy sitting on your shelf for a while I'm happy to also replay a few levels :)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: MGS: Peace Walker

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'm definitely up for some of this, although I probably won't start PW until next week as Armoured Kill for BF3 has landed and I'm also in the middle of the 22nd playthrough of MGS4 in prep for the podcast recording this week.
MAp

Post by MAp »

Yeah that's fine with me, I just started working my way through Binary domain so that should keep me entertained for some time.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Can i join in on this? Just finished MGS 3 & a few hours into 4. After listening to the guys views on Peace Walker on the podcast i am intrigued to play it. Didnt even realise there was co-op in it let alone 4 player. I can hit you up with a friend request on PSN. Not sure with playing with that Krylon70 bloke though, he sounds like a potty mouth.
MAp

Post by MAp »

The more the merrier for me :) If my experience of trying to play some solo is anything to go by I'm guessing the game doesn't scales with co-op?

Also does anyone know if the game breaks in anyway if you don't play along with each mission together?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ive just started Peace Walker on 360 so if anyone fancies some co-op let me know my tags Bigrich1979

I'll probably be on it most of tonight.
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

If there is still room I would like to make up the four on PS3.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yaaay, Pil is up for some Peace Walker co-op on PS3 guys. He like myself is just playing through MGS4 so after that its 4 of us for co-op fun, if you guys are still on for it?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'll be up for some PS3 Peace Walker foursome action tonight if anyone else is up for it? I'll be about around 9pm
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's worth saying that a couple of missions are solo only, most are two player and only the bosses and sub-bosses are four player.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Thanks for the heads up Leon. That changes things, but we can still hook up for boss fights.
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

I'm off the radar for the majority of the week, but will check in when I am about to see if you guys need an extra gun?!
MAp

Post by MAp »

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up Leon. So I'm guessing you're better off buddying up and then maybe joining another duo when you get the chance?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes I would recommend playing most of the game as a pair - as Tony & I did for the show - then teaming up with some extra chums for bosses and boss grinding. Both scenarios are a great laugh.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Finding it quite tough at the moment. I've been forced to fight a tank with armed guard.
MAp

Post by MAp »

Yeah Dom that was my breaking point, then like I said in my first post I let a random person join me. They appeared in some crazy armour, turned invisible, walked over to the tank, placed some boxes around it, walked back to me, pressed a button, and then a huge fulton recovery net appeared around the tank that lifted it into the air completing the level. I'm not sure that's the best way to play the game but it got me through the level and own a pristine tank ;)

So who wants to partner up with me and throw some gun cartridges at unsuspecting men in balaclavas?
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

Let me know when any of you guys fancy hooking up, will be around more next week.