Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
NokkonWud

Re: Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Post by NokkonWud »

Haha, yeah, I love the EOD's. Mini Johnny 5's. Sadly had the game crash on me and my Internet was playing up, so I left it for the night. Should be on again tonight.
tat_sun

Post by tat_sun »

Should be going live at some point today: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/02/in ... -platoons/
Also been good fun playing with Leon the past few nights. :)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yep, was reading this yesterday & it seems its exactly what i thought it was. Its a Battlelog feature which does mothing to help players squad up pre game. Totally stats focused to see who does what & where, cumulative points/missions add up with teammates points to compete with other platoons. A similar thing was in BF3, but to a lesser extent. Its a nice addition, but utterly pointless if the game is still having problems itself. DICE seem to be happy with the patches & fixes since launch now, more or less saying "great work, we fixed it". Its not fixed for alot of people though, forums are still rife with complaints of audio bugs, crashes to dashboard & full system lock ups which require to turn the machine off. As i said before, this seldom happens to me, but its still there & that is the problem.
This Platoon gimmick is another slap in the face to the players(like myself) who have wanted to be able to meet up with mates in a lobby, you know, like you can do in any other online game since online games began. A feature which has been in all previous BF games, a feature for a "team" based game that is so incomprehensibly important that the guy who decided to omit it should be punched repeatadly in the groin for five minutes as punishment.
I feel my posts nowadays often start of on a postive note then tail off into a rant. Like those Fast Show sketches with the painters in it. Black, black, despair, misery, blaaaaaack... :P
XavierShandi

Post by XavierShandi »

I've already joined the platoon and friended you on there, but my PSN is xavierfoxshandi.

For completion's sake. XD
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

About time this got a much needed kick up the ass!

magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Did you put that together Jay? It's brilliant!

I'm over on the PC, otherwise I would be shoulder to shoulder in the trenches.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

magicjoef wrote:Did you put that together Jay? It's brilliant!
Thanks I did, I do enjoy mucking about with this kinda stuff.
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

We really need to organise a proper baffy game night, there's a decent number of us playing it on PS4 to make up 2 or 3 squads
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Damocles693 wrote:We really need to organise a proper baffy game night, there's a decent number of us playing it on PS4 to make up 2 or 3 squads
I agree with this even though I've not gone next gen yet. We regularly had (and by this I mean most nights) enough of us on the PS3 BF3 to fill a squad for the first 12 months of the games life and yet whilst there are more people with the PS4 version of BF4, it seems - according to the Battlelog stats - that there appears to be far less actual playing together.

That said, there's nothing to stop anyone posting in this forum to set up a Battlefield 4 evening if they want one and Karl's the man to message if you want to join the platoon (@NokkonWud on twitter).
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

I'd say we should organise a game night to play Carrier Assault on the new map pack, but the rubber-banding is so bad it's unplayable.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

How is the Naval stuff on the PS4 going? It unlocked for PC the other day but I haven't had chance to play much yet. I always struggle at first with big open maps (seems to take me ages to get my bearings), so I'm really not sure how I'll fare on the open water!

I've been playing mainly with DMRs lately. Although they aren't quite as good as BF3, I think they must have been patched at some point, because I've found them quite effective recently. Playing a bit like an aggressive recon at mid range with a 4x scope, but with the added bonus I can have all the medic equipment!
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

The naval dlc on ps4 is really cool, but last time I tried it was still suffering from really bad rubber banding and loading screen freezes so I'm waiting for them to fix it first.

Might be a long wait :cry:
Sean

Post by Sean »

I just picked this up last week, so, Karl, if you're still reading this, add me please!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Sean wrote:I just picked this up last week, so, Karl, if you're still reading this, add me please!
I've sent a FR through the Battlelog site, add me then I'll send you an invite
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

Reporting for duty!
Psn: testtube27
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Testtube27 wrote:Reporting for duty!
Psn: testtube27

Are you on PS4 mate? I need peeps to play in a co-ordinated squad with. Good random players are always in full squads with their mates & the rest are messing about in squads of two, running around like headless chickens.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Sean wrote:I just picked this up last week, so, Karl, if you're still reading this, add me please!
You were (and still are) invited. I invited you a long time ago via your Origin username:
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

Indiana 747, yeah I'm on ps4
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Friend Request sent mate. Will be popping onto BF4 after The Last of Us multiplayer session tonight. Wifes away, so this could be an all nighter for me, :P
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

Not sure if there is regular group playing this, but as a new PS4 owner, I would love some friendly chaps to play with.

My PS4 gamertag is PapaBlingo.