Eurogamer Expo 2012

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Giles

Eurogamer Expo 2012

Post by Giles »

Who's going? Who's not going? Who's not going that used to be going?

OK, cards on the table. I'm particularly interested in hearing from the latter. Didn't really want my first post on the shiny new C&R forums to be a classified ad of sorts, but needs must. I've left it too late to pick up a multi-day pass through the regular channels, so would appear I have a choice between getting fleeced on eBay or appealing to the gaming community at large. Contact me on Twitter or PM me via the forum if you've a spare ticket for Saturday or a 4-day pass you no longer require.

Thanks for your indulgence. Hope to see some of you there! Missed last year due to work commitments (even after NokkonWud sourced me last-minute tickets). =/
Ghost World

Re: Eurogamer Expo 2012

Post by Ghost World »

I really hope you can make it Giles as it would be fantastic to meet up again.

I'm going on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and I have a ticket for Sunday but I'm not likely to attend that day. Of course if any members of our ever expanding community want to meet up then just post here or send me a tweet during the event and i'll see what we can do
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Im not going, theres no games im that fussed about seeing that i cant see on youtube.

I went a couple years back and its was ok but im not gonna que to play a game i cant really get into.

But im sure all of you that are going will have fun (im tryin not to be 100% negative about it)
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

Wow Thumb, you are like, totally moody! :D

I am attending the expo on the Saturday, and will be drinking like a fool somewhere in London on the Friday. Would love to meet a few of you, as off and on, I have been chatting to some of you for a couple of years now.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

You don't really go to play the games (well I don't). The social side is the real point of it IMO. That's more valuable then any preview.

I will be StreetPass-ing the heck out of it though. :)
Jerome McI

Post by Jerome McI »

I'll definitely be going, I'm really looking forward to the meet-ups. :D
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Sadly I can't make it. Was hoping to but I am in Munich the week after and financially it wasn't really plausible to do both.

Shame as there's some people I would have really liked to meet this year.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Cane And Rinse meet 2013?. I'm going to Old Trafford to watch our annual defeat. £52 a ticket means I'm skint that weekend too.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I miss going to Old Trafford. Had a season ticket there for 3 years but with food, drink, ticket and travel it was usually north of £100.

Not been in years now. Hope you have a great time.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Its a soulless place now. In the away end you get ejected for standing and it's the only place I've seen it happen. Far too corporate/glory now too so atmosphere normally poor. It's creeping into my team (spurs) now since the champs league etc, the booing after the West Brom game is a joke.
General Aquila

Post by General Aquila »

Not this year, did love the previous one but I'm all cashed out for now. Hope everyone has fun though!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've managed to miss 3 of the 4 years I 'should' have gone (including this one, as I'll be in Spain).

I enjoyed the one I did go to, the social side anyway. Queueing up to play 5 minutes of a game in a noisy room seems absurd to me as it in no way reflects what my final experience with the complete title will be. A total waste of time and effort as far as I'm concerned. Seeing things running can be telling, however there's often a lot of smoke and mirrors as regards to the builds shown at these events. The talks and so on are of far more interest to e, but then the crucial info all gets instantly disseminated onto the internet anyway.

However, I do plan on being at the event in 2013 to see some folks.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

DomsBeard wrote:Its a soulless place now. In the away end you get ejected for standing and it's the only place I've seen it happen. Far too corporate/glory now too so atmosphere normally poor. It's creeping into my team (spurs) now since the champs league etc, the booing after the West Brom game is a joke.
It's ridiculous. I remember a Chelsea game once where numerous warnings were put on the PA regarding standing, end result was that every fan stood for the full game. Hands down that was the best atmosphere too, even the North Stand was bouncing.
Thankfully I've only ever had 2 games in the North Stand, one Chelsea game and one Spurs game (The worst game and atmosphere I've ever seen at OT) as my season ticket was in the Stretford End. Usually made games more enjoyable.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Not been to two days in a row and I don't think I'll need to be there for long on Sunday but hopefully there's a decent dev session to attend on that day.
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

I'll be there Thursday and Saturday. Looking like some nice dev sessions planned (one of my main reasons for going) and some nice games on the floor - hopefully Thursday will be dead like last year so I can play them then!
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

ratsoalbion wrote:I've managed to miss 3 of the 4 years I 'should' have gone (including this one, as I'll be in Spain).

Queueing up to play 5 minutes of a game in a noisy room seems absurd to me as it in no way reflects what my final experience with the complete title will be. A total waste of time and effort as far as I'm concerned.
You don't want to witness the 5 hour queues to play 10 minutes of a game at GamesCom then.

I've got tickets for all 4 days but I am only really going for the social aspect and meeting folk to chat about games; so I'll mainly be there in the afternoons and around in the evenings.
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

Did anyone fancy setting aside 20 minutes on the Saturday, for a quick meet and greet?
Dukeboxz

Post by Dukeboxz »

I would of loved to have gone for the social side but alas work schedules did not allow it. Maybe next year
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

PapaBlingo wrote:Did anyone fancy setting aside 20 minutes on the Saturday, for a quick meet and greet?
Of course mate, The best thing to do is to contact us on Twitter and we can then arrange a time and place to sit down grab a drink and have a chat. :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

PapaBlingo wrote:Did anyone fancy setting aside 20 minutes on the Saturday, for a quick meet and greet?
Of course bud. We'll slap fists and have a chat!