EGX Rezzed

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
James

EGX Rezzed

Post by James »

I figure here in the Community Gaming forum is the best spot to say that I'll be at EGX Rezzed this weekend. At the moment, it looks like it'll be Saturday that I'll be in attendance. If you see a slightly (very) podgy guy wearing glasses and a red Cane And Rinse t-shirt do come over and say 'Hi!'. :D
dezm0nd

Re: EGX Rezzed

Post by dezm0nd »

I wish I could go to Rezzed but it always falls at a bad time for me. Oh well, have fun! :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I went when it was in Brighton...
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

ratsoalbion wrote:I went when it was in Brighton...
Yeah all gaming events should be held in the south!

Now I know how other people feel about having to travel to all the events held in London because I would love to go but cant be assed to sort out the logistics ;)
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday, not sure what my plan is but I'll definitely try to see the Alien:Isolation developer session and the Dreamfall session. I'll keep an eye out for C&R merch!
James

Post by James »

Yeah, this is perfect for us, being at the NEC. You guys will have to hang on for EGX London (on an entirely unrelated note I have a rather foul taste in my mouth... EGX, bleugh!).

I've no idea what we'll be seeing today, but I'll keep an eye out for friendlies!

Toodle-oo, off to the show.
:-D
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

If anyone's around I'm the slightly hungover looking bloke in the Breaking Bad Heisenberg t-shirt. Looking forward to seeing Alien: Isolation in action, and as a big Dreamfall and Longest Journey fan I'll be at the Ragnar Tornquist panel too!
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

How was Rezzed guys.

It seemed pretty low key on my twitter feed compared to EGX London but on the games front its looks like Alien: Isolation has gone down pretty well with the general public.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I went on Friday afternoon and it was pretty good. I didnt catch any of the dev sessions as the only one I was interested in was Mike Bithell, but arrived too late for that. Alien Isolation was the standout game, although in such a brief demo it was hard to really see how it will pan out, initial impressions were that it seems incredibly atmospheric and the Alien was terrifying (as it should be!)

Played hotline miami 2, which was more hotline miami (no bad thing) but other than that had a general mooch and wander but didn't play anything else. Very large presense by Sony, but almost no MS apart from Titanfall.

Much better location than Earls Court, I just hope they move the main event to the NEC. Oh and on the downside there were some strange smells.....yes
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I suspect the main event will end up moving to the Excel.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Flabyo wrote:I suspect the main event will end up moving to the Excel.
Well every year I'm told Earls Court is due to close it's doors and be demolished but every year the venue stands strong!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Ghost World wrote:
Flabyo wrote:I suspect the main event will end up moving to the Excel.
Well every year I'm told Earls Court is due to close it's doors and be demolished but every year the venue stands strong!
They've had planning permission to knock it down and build flats for a while now. And there doesn't seem to be much of a campaign to save it. As an expo venue it's pretty woeful compared to the other options available down here now.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

So is anyone going to Rezzed next year now it's back in London? I'm looking to go on the Saturday and maybe go for a drink afterwards if anyone is interested?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Also, anyone going to Eurogamer at the NEC? I'm pretty keen to go, never in my almost 36 years been to any kind of big gaming event so looking forward to going seeing as its on my doorstep.