Our Patreon

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
KSubzero1000

Re: Our Patreon

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Ah of course, no pressure! I didn't know about the real life delays. Looking forward to it. :)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Not wanting to stroke your egos in any way but I love the “day in the life of Leon and Jay” feel of the Patreon podcasts..

It got me thinking about your Christmas entry last year and how it was nice that you all contributed. But...what if you all put on some slippers and sat by the fire with a mince pie and beverage of choice and all had a natter about the year gone by. This time not separately but all together. I’m sure a doodle poll would sort out scheduling issues.

Chaos I’m sure...but beautiful chaos.

(Fire, slippers and beverage all optional...not the mince pie though)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Revenue idea:

How about a Cane and Rinse a hard back photo album full of some of Jays favourite shots from video game photo modes (no doubt a licensing nightmare)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

This question is purely to satisfy my own curiosity.

Occasionally I look at the bottom of the main forum page and i’ve been curious for a long time as to what happened on May 10th, 2017 at 10:09 pm to bring in so many people simultaneously to the forum.

It was just after the mad max episode came out. Surely it can’t be George miller or Avalanche fanatics making up the numbers.
Maybe it was pure chance but if you could bottle that magic and repeat it who knows what could happen.

I’m sure it’s something like a server refresh or something boring but I’m itching to know.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I have absolutely no idea!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Music on this months PatPod was an excellent choice.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Bonus Red Dead cast alert.

Hoping this will get me pumped for the game as at the moment I am a bit ''meh''
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm going to assume there will be pretty heavy spoilers abound?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Jacob says:

“Nothing larger story, as we hadn't played very long when talking. Maybe a couple of situations out in the open world, but nothing you wouldn't encounter in 8 hours or so.”
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah brilliant, thanks :)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I don’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here.

Sound of Play is absolutely phenomenal. Every time I listen I am amazed by the teams ability to curate a list which either follows a theme or demonstrates such diversity as to make me nostalgic, euphoric and very occasionally repulsed in one episode.

Hats off to the team.

Also a shout out to the editors in the team on both Sound of Play and Cane and Rinse. The amount of work that must be required to make the show sound as professional and as slick as it does must be exhausting. It’s very much appreciated.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Sound of Play is a real labour of love for us, and doesn’t do anything like the numbers of the Cane and Rinse podcast itself.

It isn’t as much work to make as CaR either, but it’s still a lot more effort than your regular, common-or-garden ‘sit round and chat shit’ type of show (nothing against those at all by the way!), and so such kind feedback is welcome!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hey - I got an email saying Patreon feed was updated with FFIX episode, but I couldn't get it to show on my feed. So, I tried deleting the feed and re-adding it but now there's an error saying it can't contact the website! I think I broke it! Is there a way of getting my Patreon feed back, and has anyone else had trouble downloading the new episode? Ta!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

What app are you using to listen to it Alex?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's called Beyond Pod Podcast Manager for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .beyondpod

It's all worked OK till today, and only seemed to have a problem with the private Patreon feed. The normal feed still works OK.

EDIT: Not sure what could be causing the problem, but when I go back to the first email I recieved with my private feed address, if I try to open that in my app it just gives an error. I'll try another app to see if it's the app or the link.

EDIT 2: No, link isn't working in different apps either.
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

Hello. Similar issue here (I use Radiopublic for Android). Feed usually updates quickly but ff9 does not appear.

Not the end of the world, although I was looking forward to it.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'd suggest logging into the Patreon and copy and pasting the feed as it appears on the page.

I've checked everything from our side and there are no issues that I can identify as the Patreon feed is working fine with iTunes, it could be a temporary problem with their servers.

It may be worth checking that everything is fine with your subscription too in that if it has been stopped for whatever reason your feed would no longer be active.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I can't see a feed address on the page, but wouldn't it be a unique feed to each user anyway, as that's the only way Patreon would know if someone stopped subscribing? The only link I have is the one that was emailed out to me when I first signed up but that's the one that doesn't work for me any more. Last sub payment was taken April 1st, next one due May 1st and they're all up to date. There seems to be a few people having the same issue going by the Patreon post comments.

Could it be that links automatically expire after a given time? That seems unlikely but I can't think of any reason multiple people would be affected all at the same time. It's a puzzle!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

When you log in to Patreon and go to our page there should be a box in the right hand corner with your unique RSS feed in it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah thanks, I'll give it a try now!

EDIT: Woo it worked, thanks Jay! For anyone else having trouble if you go to the CaR Patreon page - and you'll need to view in desktop mode if you're on a phone - and go to the overview tab, your private link is on the left side of the page. The link I was sent in my email a couple of years back didn't work, but the link on the page did work, so give that a try. All sorted! :)