September 2018 podcast

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

September 2018 podcast

Post by JaySevenZero »

Leon and Jay return with a month and a bit's worth of Cane and Rinse podcast feedback (both good and bad), plus 'what we've been playing' talk of Marvel's Spider-Man, Forza Horizon 4, FIFA 19, and talk on the value of Microsoft's Game Pass and Sony's PlayStation Plus subscription services. The duo also look ahead to what new titles they are hyped about enough to pick up at release during the remainder of 2018.

September's Monthly 'cast
KSubzero1000

Re: September 2018 podcast

Post by KSubzero1000 »

JaySevenZero wrote: September 8th, 2018, 2:23 pm Anyway, thanks for the feedback folks, no doubt we'll discuss this matter further in the next monthly recording.
ratsoalbion wrote: September 9th, 2018, 1:00 pm We'll cover this in the next monthly cast as well but yes, we chose to make it a non-explicit cast from issue 101 onwards.
Hm, I don't remember either topic being mentioned on this show. (Unless I missed something obvious?) May I ask if there has been any notable internal development, especially pertaining to the team/community issue?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes, I forgot to add that topic to the show notes.

We had a discussion with the whole team and a small number of them said that they would endeavour to check in here more, but many of them were either quiet on the matter or said that they simply don’t have the inclination (and/or the time) to post on the forum.

I can’t force anyone to post here who doesn’t want to, and we certainly can’t afford to make it a ‘if you don’t post on the forum you can’t be on the podcast any more’ situation. I don’t think anyone would want people posting on here just to fulfill a quota anyway.

From now on, I will be making it clearer what is ‘expected’ of contributors when they come on board, although I had previously believed that community engagement was implicit.

As for the existing team members, we’ll just have to accept that they are all contactable (and responsive) on Twitter and that is the best way to engage with them.

If you choose not to venture onto that particular platform then that’s as much your right as it is theirs not to spend time here. A lot of folks feel just as negatively about forums as others do about contemporary social media.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ratsoalbion wrote: October 13th, 2018, 6:20 pm I can’t force anyone to post here who doesn’t want to, and we certainly can’t afford to make it a ‘if you don’t post on the forum you can’t be on the podcast any more’ situation. I don’t think anyone would want people posting on here just to fulfill a quota anyway.
Obviously, that'd be completely counter-productive. I just thought there might have been a more organic and amiable alternative.
ratsoalbion wrote: October 13th, 2018, 6:20 pm As for the existing team members, we’ll just have to accept that they are all contactable (and responsive) on Twitter and that is the best way to engage with them.

If you choose not to venture onto that particular platform then that’s as much your right as it is theirs not to spend time here. A lot of folks feel just as negatively about forums as others do about contemporary social media.
...Fair enough. Status quo it is, then. Thanks for the clarification.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

I'm currently going through all of the monthly podcasts after joining the Patreon and you mentioned something in this one I've been saying for a while.

Why haven't Microsoft made a joint subscription for Live and Game Pass at a slightly reduced rate? At the moment Live is £5.99 a month and Game Pass is £7.99 a month totalling £13.98. How many more people would be likely to sign up for both if they aso had a third option of doing a joint subscription for £10.99. I'm sure the amount of new subscribers would more than cover the £2.99.

I often wonder with these kind of things that if a random person like me can think of it then surely a massive company like Microsoft's marketing team could easily think of it too. Especially when I find out other people have had the exact same idea.