Other podcast recommendations

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Joshihatsumitsu

Re: Other podcast recommendations

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

A friend of mine brought The Polybius Conspiracy to my attention, and now I'm bringing it to anybodies attention that I can. Only three episodes so far, but really well put together.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

After my thoughts on TCGS on here, it seems they've taken the feedback on board and the show has been on rare form these last two weeks. I'm not claiming a causal link, by the way :D
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: October 27th, 2017, 4:29 am A friend of mine brought The Polybius Conspiracy to my attention, and now I'm bringing it to anybodies attention that I can. Only three episodes so far, but really well put together.
Thanks!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

^^^^ The last episode is up now. Very compelling, weird listen all in all.
Spoiler: show
Can anyone make out Bobby's last words? "No one answered." or "I know it hasn't"?
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Michiel K wrote: November 21st, 2017, 12:54 pm ^^^^ The last episode is up now. Very compelling, weird listen all in all.
Can anyone make out Bobby's last words? "No one answered." or "I know it hasn't"?
There's really no other way that story could of ended... and yeah, compelling, weird stuff!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

OK, he says
"I know it happened."
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Breaking news: Jon Denton will be subbing for Sean full time on TCGS until Sean comes back.

The only sane choice, really.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Really pleased to hear that. I think he fits in great but adds something different.
TeePee

Post by TeePee »

For those that have enjoyed the work of the Idle Thumbs guys, I can highly recommend another podcast under their umbrella, Important if True - it's sort of difficult to describe, but it's a consistently entertaining listen of stuff that manages to be completely mundane, yet also oddly compelling and hilarious at the same time. It's only been going a year or so, so there's not much of a backlog, but the episodes are all fairly timeless, and you can safely pick more or less any episode and start listening - there are a few running jokes and callbacks, but nothing that will ruin your enjoyment.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

kintaris wrote: January 3rd, 2018, 10:33 pm Breaking news: Jon Denton will be subbing for Sean full time on TCGS until Sean comes back.

The only sane choice, really.
Great news. Hope somewhere down the line David, Mat and James need a week off and they bring Chet in :D :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Awesome, Denton is always a highlight when he's on the show. And yeah, getting Chet on occasionally would be brilliant, I could listen to that guy talk for hours, there's just something about his delivery that really appeals to me.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Anything that breaks up the personal arguments is a bonus, going back to a four will help that I think.

I do very much enjoy listening to Jon’s input though, so this is excellent.
Spacefarer

Post by Spacefarer »

I've been enjoying the DOS Game Club podcast recently. The format is very similar to that of Cane and Rinse; in-depth discussion about a single game, backed by community response. In fact, the panel is always comprised of at least one community member, which mixes things up nicely. Great if you like DOS games...and probably also great if you're sat there wondering what a DOS game actually is!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I've been enjoying Amigarama a lot recently. The Amiga was perhaps the first giant technological leap forward for me. I can remember playing games for an long as I remember being alive (on CPC464) but the Amiga was the first time I was amazed and became obsessed. I've almost no interest in playing any Amiga games now, but I enjoy the nostalgia and finding out details I never knew which now interest me.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Been listening to Adam Rosser's Game On since he beat us at the recent GMBL's, it's actually under the banner of the 'Let's Talk About Tech' podcast stream and is actually pretty good (I say this through gritted teeth ;) ).
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

I have been obsessed with Reply All for the last couple of weeks. The first time I've binged all the way through the back catalogue since... Sound of Play!

For those that don't know, each episode basically deep dives into a very specific corner of internet culture or incident and just blows it wide open. It bills itself as a show about the internet but it's really a show about people. 90% of the 100+ episodes I've listened to have been utterly fascinating. Many have been hilarious, some terrifying, and some just feel incredibly important, like something everyone should be hearing. I'd highly recommend giving it a go.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Aww, Jon Denton's had to give up TCGS. That's a shame. Rock Reacts has gone insane on him to be fair so I guess he's out of time.

Hopefully Sean will be back at some point...
Suits

Post by Suits »

kintaris wrote: May 30th, 2018, 1:28 pm Aww, Jon Denton's had to give up TCGS.
He brought balance to the force I felt.

WTF is Rock Reacts ??
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Yeah, pretty sorry to hear that. I think it was a much better show for the addition of Jon, kind of Sean's moderator role with the additional threat of fatal violence. Also, I think he's a funny dude. Best of luck to him with Rock Reacts - maybe it'll get monetised finally!
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Ah, there was a post-credits twist to the episode in the end...
Sean's back, basically. It's really not as exciting as your average Marvel post-credits twist.