Explain your user name and avatar

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
brutaldeluxe09

Re: Explain your user name and avatar

Post by brutaldeluxe09 »

Speedball 2
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Simple enough...!
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Back when I worked for Vodafone almost 20 years ago my colleagues and I decided to give each other daft nicknames that were similar to our real names.

My name's Pete and it was decided Pitwar was kind of like that, and I've used it as a username ever since.

I'm 39 but will always be a grunge kid at heart, and my avatar is of Kurt Cobain.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Eh, its my PSN username that I chose back in the PS3 days. Didn't really have a nickname and I didn't want something with extra numbers, xxxx's or randomly changing letters for numbers or symbols. Colin is my fist name and I quite like Formula 1 and Fernando Alonso was a big deal at the time.

I started gaming on the Mega Drive and while most of my favourites were big names (Sonic, SoR, Shinobi etc), Ristar was a bit niche due to the game's late release. Until he appeared in every compilation at least. The image is straight from the front of the EU/NA box.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ColinAlonso wrote: May 2nd, 2019, 11:10 pmFernando Alonso was a big deal at the time.
Fernando Alonso will always be a big deal.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Name is Joe. Friend of mine calls me Jobo for a nickname which eventually morphed to Jobo Bonobo. I am a sucker for goofy wordplay like that so I have decided to use that as my username here.

My avatar is Captain Blubber from the Banjo Kazooie games. One of the reasons why I love this series is the extended cast of weirdos which populate the world of these games and give them such personality. Blubber with his burpy talk is one of the clearest examples of the daft lovableness which makes him among my favourite so that's the story behind that.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Suits wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 10:17 pm
ColinAlonso wrote: May 2nd, 2019, 11:10 pmFernando Alonso was a big deal at the time.
Fernando Alonso will always be a big deal.
You're right and I apologise. :D
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

"hazeredmist" is an amalgamation of Haze and Red Mist. Despite the fact this always seems obvious to my eyes, on many occasions on Xbox Live, PSN etc people who don't know me have pronounced it "Hazard Mist". So sometimes mates call me Hazard in PSN chats too, for the bants.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

clippa wrote: May 4th, 2019, 3:25 pm(no offence, nintendo gamers)
:lol:
Suits

Post by Suits »

hazeredmist wrote: May 7th, 2019, 2:51 pm
clippa wrote: May 4th, 2019, 3:25 pm(no offence, nintendo gamers)
:lol:
Such a snarky little count isn’t he.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

My user name was gifted by my wife.

Looking for a tag whilst setting up my Xbox ID whenever ago, my wife suggested 'reprobate' but that was actually taken so 'reprobategamer' was a natural progression (we have a habit me and her of misappropriating words like 'monster', 'terror', 'horror' etc and using them as affectionate nicknames both for ourselves and our unlucky daughters and 'reprobate' fulls firmly in that category for us)

Avatar should be recognisable to anyone who watches Critical Role. It's a clipped version of a picture by the ever gifted Ameera (@miikandii on Twitter) who drew it as a fictional representation of Matthew Mercer (voice actor of McCree. Leon Kennedy and many more for those who don't watch Critical Role) as a Dungeon Master, and Ameera kindly let me use as a cover picture when I uploaded my first fanfic of Critical Role to Wattpad.
Always prefer to use something other than a default avatar when on a forum that I plan to spend any time upon and I think it's a great picture.
countstex

Post by countstex »

ReprobateGamer wrote: June 25th, 2019, 7:00 pm My user name was gifted by my wife.

Looking for a tag whilst setting up my Xbox ID whenever ago, my wife suggested 'reprobate' but that was actually taken so 'reprobategamer' was a natural progression (we have a habit me and her of misappropriating words like 'monster', 'terror', 'horror' etc and using them as affectionate nicknames both for ourselves and our unlucky daughters and 'reprobate' fulls firmly in that category for us)

Avatar should be recognisable to anyone who watches Critical Role. It's a clipped version of a picture by the ever gifted Ameera (@miikandii on Twitter) who drew it as a fictional representation of Matthew Mercer (voice actor of McCree. Leon Kennedy and many more for those who don't watch Critical Role) as a Dungeon Master, and Ameera kindly let me use as a cover picture when I uploaded my first fanfic of Critical Role to Wattpad.
Always prefer to use something other than a default avatar when on a forum that I plan to spend any time upon and I think it's a great picture.
Critrole fan fic? Links please!
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

countstex wrote: June 25th, 2019, 11:47 pm
Critrole fan fic? Links please!
The first two had cover art from Ameera and can be found at Wattpad here:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/159750700 ... -roll-call
https://www.wattpad.com/story/167499105 ... -the-titan

However, I've largely moved over to Archive Of Our Own as you can link individual stories into a series and the control panel is easy to work with. You also don't need to sign up to read works. Which is nice.
So every story on my Wattpad is also at A03.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/ReprobateGamer/works.

Currently it's largely an ongoing campaign 1 follow-on (I'm just finishing the sixth in what will currently be a nine or ten part series, set from the end of the campaign and currently planned to finish 10 centuries later ... you don't need to read them in order currently but as the next parts go in, it'll be much more useful)

For non-Crit Role fans there is also an Oxenfree short on there alongside a non-video game Tumblr prompt.
I'm working on ideas for Dino Crisis and Ghost Recon Wildlands (though whether they reach a point I'm happy to upload them is another matter ...).

Comments always welcome for any of the stories or parts thereof!
countstex

Post by countstex »

ReprobateGamer wrote: June 26th, 2019, 5:09 pm
The first two had cover art from Ameera and can be found at Wattpad here:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/159750700 ... -roll-call
https://www.wattpad.com/story/167499105 ... -the-titan

However, I've largely moved over to Archive Of Our Own as you can link individual stories into a series and the control panel is easy to work with. You also don't need to sign up to read works. Which is nice.
So every story on my Wattpad is also at A03.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/ReprobateGamer/works.

Currently it's largely an ongoing campaign 1 follow-on (I'm just finishing the sixth in what will currently be a nine or ten part series, set from the end of the campaign and currently planned to finish 10 centuries later ... you don't need to read them in order currently but as the next parts go in, it'll be much more useful)

For non-Crit Role fans there is also an Oxenfree short on there alongside a non-video game Tumblr prompt.
I'm working on ideas for Dino Crisis and Ghost Recon Wildlands (though whether they reach a point I'm happy to upload them is another matter ...).

Comments always welcome for any of the stories or parts thereof!
Nice. I'm on Wattpadd myself anyways so no problem with an account. I'll be sure to give them a go when I'm finished with DragonLance Chronicles. (Well the book of it I'm on, not the whole lot!)
Caligulas Horse

Post by Caligulas Horse »

I don't think I've ever had a good username and I don't really have a go-to Username either. About a year ago I signed up for a different forum while I was reading I Claudius, I went with Caligula's Horse because I'd just read a bit about the Horse and I thought it was funny (apparently a metal band from Australia agree).

When I was making my account here I couldn't think of a name so i decided to just use it again, you're not allowed apostrophes in your username here but I couldn't be bothered to think of anything else so I just stuck with Caligulas Horse.

I regret it, basically I'm a a bit of a pretentious wanker with bad grammar.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

I joined a forum in 2007-2008 and needed a username as the one I tended to use at the time was already in use on that website so I thought to myself just come up with something random and Female Pheromones was the first thing that came to my head. The site had a 16 character limit so I had to remove the space. Not long after I got my first PS3 and needed a username so thought I would carry it over and have used it ever since. Back when playing a lot of MW2 a lot of the people I played with shortened it to Female so I had that as a nickname for a while.

Since then I've used it for everything except Xbox and Twitter as they have 15 character limits so had to drop the s.

My avatar is stage 2 William Birkin because I just love that design and have used it on nearly every account I've had that needs an avatar since about 2009. I don't even think about either anymore. As soon as I make a new account FemalePheromones goes in as my username and I hunt down the picture of Birkin.
Ray

Post by Ray »

It's just my real name, simple enough. Current profile image is something I drew a long time ago while practicing. I think I copied somebody who was in turn probably trying to copy Moebius – something like that, it was a long time ago.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

brutaldeluxe09 wrote: February 16th, 2019, 2:04 pm Speedball 2
Years ago, when I was in year 8 at school so I guess maybe 1991-2 something like that, we entered a 5 a side footy tournament, and all the teams were like Redditch Juniors or Webheath Sparrows etc. Our team was called Brutal Deluxe, haha. We went out first round.