Forum Changelog and Forum Suggestions

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Todinho

Re: Forum Changelog & Forum Suggestions

Post by Todinho »

Happy to see the site back up :D ,my condolences btw seeing through twitter you trying to fix this seemed like hell.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Todinho wrote:Happy to see the site back up :D ,my condolences btw seeing through twitter you trying to fix this seemed like hell.
It was and if it wasn't for the invaluable help of skidoosh from this here forum, it most certainly wouldn't have been sorted when it was.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Brilliant, glad we are all back safe and sound! Well done Jay and all the C&R crew.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Well done lads, great effort. I didn't realise how much I vist this site until it went down, I'm glad it's back :)
macstat

Post by macstat »

Good to have you back guys :)
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

YES!!! So glad to have you guys back. I missed coming to this forum. Thanks for all your hard work Jay!
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Good to have you back.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

gallo_pinto wrote:YES!!! So glad to have you guys back. I missed coming to this forum. Thanks for all your hard work Jay!
Thanks gallo, but a lot of the credit has to go to Glyn a.k.a skidoosh for having the necessary knowledge and skillset to help rectify the situation.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Definitely - thanks once again Glyn/skidoosh!
:geek: 8-) :)
Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks everyone for working hard to get the forum back up and thanks to the community for showing support and not typical internet nastiness!
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

I just did the fun stuff. Jay had to deal with the "hosting company" (I use this term very loosely) and clean up the mess they made. I'm just sorry I didn't get in touch sooner!
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Well done man!
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

I've been listening to the show for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. Can't get enough of it. So while I was listening I could not help but notice that you edit out some of the talk so that you can make the podcast shorter and more digestible for the people that might not have the time. Is it possible that you could have the longer uncut versions available? As previously mentioned can't get enough of the show and if there is more rambling to listen to that doesn't make it to the actual podcast it would make the show even better for me personally. It doesn't have to be for all the episodes you've already made but maybe for the new ones?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks for your kind words about the podcast.

We acknowledge that there are some people who would enjoy longer shows, including all the stuff that we don't leave in.

However, we really pride ourselves on the quality of our output and we consider the two hour shows to be the best way to present, even if occasionally it means having to excise sections which we consider of publishable quality.
We now release the occasional nugget as a podcast 'off-cut' on the YouTube channel - so look out for those: https://www.youtube.com/user/caneandrinse

We absolutely don't want to release unedited audio that hasn't been given our wonderful editors' full attention. We hate listening to other people's podcasts that include aggravating background noise or aimless waffle. It wouldn't represent us well and it's not fair to ask people to listen to us making mistakes, repeating what another panellists have already said (probably the most common thing that is removed) or going off on uninteresting or irrelevant tangents.
That's not what Cane and Rinse is supposed to be about.

Rest assured, we generally only record for an extra 15 to 25 minutes beyond what you hear anyway, and 95% of that which you don't hear is crap that we don't want to put out and you wouldn't really want to listen to if it came to it, I promise you!
:)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'm basically gonna echo Leon's comments and that's nearly all that's removed is done so for very good reasons and you're missing nothing by it not being there.
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

Thanks for the replies!

I have absolute confidence in your editing skills and I'm 100% sure that all the stuff that gets edited out is pointless for the show as a whole and for most of the people listening. As someone who likes to listen to all the repetition and irrelevant banter it's a shame though. But I totally understand why it's done. looking forward to all the podcast off-cuts on youtube!
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

Is anyone else having trouble using tapatalk cane and rinse forums on android? when ever i try to go there it just puts me to the forums chat room but doesn't let me see anything else.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Jusifer wrote:Is anyone else having trouble using tapatalk cane and rinse forums on android? when ever i try to go there it just puts me to the forums chat room but doesn't let me see anything else.
We removed the Tapatalk extension for the forum the other week as it wasn't up to speed. I'll have a look into it again but until they've updated it we won't be putting it back in.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

#1: I had a question and/or feedback about the podcast itself, but it seems like there is no dedicated thread for it. Wouldn't a sticky in the Videogame Discussion subforum make sense? Should I just post it here instead?

#2: Are Three Words Reviews limited to twitter only or can they be posted in the official threads along with the more substantial contributions?

#3: I've noticed that the topics about the older shows are mostly empty. Are there unwritten rules about necroposting and the like?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

1. Feel free to post here, it will get read. Or just post in the thread for a particular podcast where relevant, or just the latest show. Everything gets read and considered.

2. Plenty of Three Word Reviews are left on the relevant thread and we use some of them.

3. Absolutely no rules against posting in older threads, in fact we'd welcome posts against older podcasts.