The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Simonsloth

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by Simonsloth »

Hi Arry! I’m pretty new so didn’t see your contributions first time around. Just thought I’d say hi and if your posts so far today are anything to go by I’m glad you’ve jumped back in!
Workyticket

Post by Workyticket »

Hello from Melbourne, Australia! I'm a long-time C&R listener who's finally gotten off his arse and joined the forum. I'm a lifelong gamer, freelance writer and podcaster who's always loved the show as one of the few places that does genuinely in-depth and intelligent game criticism, something that's incredibly rare in these dumbed-down times. So I'm very excited to join the party and get involved!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello! Hey what podcast do you do? I'll give it a listen :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome!
Workyticket

Post by Workyticket »

Alex79uk wrote: April 21st, 2018, 2:51 pm Hello! Hey what podcast do you do? I'll give it a listen :)
You can find it here: http://therewillbegeek.libsyn.com/

Hope dropping in a link is OK considering I've just joined...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks :) Since I've just finished the book and not yet seen the movie, I'll give the Ready Player One book revisit episode a listen.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Workyticket wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 2:49 amHope dropping in a link is OK considering I've just joined...
Absolutely not a problem.
Workyticket

Post by Workyticket »

Cheers!
Sage + Onion Knight

Post by Sage + Onion Knight »

Hello!

I've emailed into the show a few times before, and thought it'd probably be worth actually joining the forum.

Also I thought of a username that was kind of amusing (Cheese & Onion Knight) and managed to rework it in such a way that it fit the character limit. All in all, it's been a great day!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I can't figure out whether "Onion Knight" is meant to be a GoT, Dark Souls or FF reference, but either way, welcome! :)
Bullus

Post by Bullus »

Hi All,

Should probably have made this my first post on the site but it's just too late for that.

I'm a near 40 year old Australian just starting to get back into gaming after a fairly long break. Don't get to play every game and tend to pick and choose pretty carefully so this site and it's conversations are a really valuable resource.

Happy to chit chat and look forward to any upcoming banter.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello and welcome to Sage + Onion and Bullus!
kayjoon

Post by kayjoon »

Hi all! Been listening a while and interacting a bit on Twitter, so thought I should probably drop by here too. Hopefully going to try to find time to play along with some of the epsiodes, maybe it'll help me try to keep the ever increasing backlog at bay.

I play a lot of console games old and new, but also enjoy PC Gaming. Currently reliving my college years by playing Instagib matches on Quake Champions while listening to 90s hip hop. Please go easy on the judgement.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

kayjoon wrote: September 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm Hi all! Been listening a while and interacting a bit on Twitter, so thought I should probably drop by here too. Hopefully going to try to find time to play along with some of the epsiodes, maybe it'll help me try to keep the ever increasing backlog at bay.

I play a lot of console games old and new, but also enjoy PC Gaming. Currently reliving my college years by playing Instagib matches on Quake Champions while listening to 90s hip hop. Please go easy on the judgement.
Welcome aboard :P
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hullo kayjoon!
Suits

Post by Suits »

kayjoon wrote: September 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm I play a lot of console games old and new, but also enjoy PC Gaming. Currently reliving my college years by playing Instagib matches on Quake Champions while listening to 90s hip hop. Please go easy on the judgement.
Ooooooo, that's a nice type of judgement 8-) .

Welcome along :) .
AlveroP

Post by AlveroP »

Hey game lover. How is everyone doing here. I just singed up few minutes ago. Glad to be a part in this great community. LOL!
Hevi_Metaru

Hi Everyone and Introductions

Post by Hevi_Metaru »

Hi guys and gals!

My name is Howard and I've been an avid listener of Cane and Rinse for a while! It is a really fun podcast to listen to and I can't get enough, the amount of work and effort that goes into it is really appreciated and I'm a proud Patreon subscriber. I had been tweeting for a while to the Cane and Rinse team, but decided that I'd let to get a little more stuck in and set myself up on the forums!

Can't wait to chat with everyone, play some games together and play along with some of the podcasts!

Hope you all have a lovely day!
KSubzero1000

Re: Hi Everyone and Introductions

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Welcome aboard, Howard!
DomsBeard

Re: Hi Everyone and Introductions

Post by DomsBeard »

Welcome