L.A. Noire - Cane & Rinse 98

Archive for issues 51 - 100
JaySevenZero
Admin

L.A. Noire - Cane & Rinse 98

Post by JaySevenZero » September 16th, 2013, 3:25 pm

"Well you picked the right place Cole, a city that needed an honest cop like a thirsty man needed water"

After the best part of a decade in development, Team Bondi's gritty detective procedural LA Noire finally hit consoles in 2011. Leon, James, Jay and Josh pull out their curly-cornered notebooks in order to establish the truth about the game. Is there any doubt that the facial tech gave off mixed signals? Were the positive reviews nothing but a lie? Cane and Rinse community members also submit their evidence.

Additional audio used in this show is as follows:

Track 1: Main Theme by Andrew Hale
Track 2: J.J. Bop by Andrew Hale

Cane & Rinse 98 was edited by Jay Taylor.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Flabyo

Re: L.A. Noire - Cane & Rinse 98

Post by Flabyo » September 18th, 2013, 3:17 pm

I'm pleased to hear a lot of people got a lot more out of it than I did, not every game has to work for everyone after all (life would be very dull if every game had to appeal to everyone...)

I think perhaps I'm overly harsh on it, and if I'd stuck it out and finished it I might've mellowed by the end.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 18th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Thanks Flabyo. The aim is for us on every podcast to be as fair and hyperbole free as possible while expressing honestly what we, as well as our invaluable correspondents, did and didn't like about a game.

Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin » September 19th, 2013, 6:38 am

I love to hear Jay getting passionate about a game, great podcast. I also love LA Noire, warts n all.

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » September 20th, 2013, 9:20 am

Dr Mcfluffin wrote:I love to hear Jay getting passionate about a game, great podcast. I also love LA Noire, warts n all.
Thanks Joe! You should definitely listen to the forthcoming Heavy Rain podcast then, I intend to get very "passionate" about that one! :D

Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver » September 20th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Well it is the best game ever, so much story and emotion, bought me to tears at one point