Tomb Raider

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
NokkonWud

Re: Tomb Raider

Post by NokkonWud »

ratsoalbion wrote:
NokkonWud wrote:The Thing (2011) over The Thing (1982)?
God no, I'd forgotten completely about the recent Thing (which was a prequel to the 82 movie anyway I believe).
You had me so worried there.
ratsoalbion wrote:Some remakes seem to offer both pros and cons over the original in the eyes of many. This being a TR thread I'm thinking of Tomb Raider Anniversary. Perhaps that's due a new-gen 'Definitive Edition'... ;)
I was thinking this both last year and again now, playing the current Definite Edition, how much I'd love a full remake of the original Tomb Raider. Not a scaled up version, but an actual redo, but of the same game, like Resident Evil. I want that rush against the Bear, the fear of the T-Rex. That game was absolutely magical and absolutely of its time, but it would also shine as a complete redo now. I'd take remakes of 2 and 3 as well, although less so for the third.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I'm so torn on whether to pick this up or not.

Tomb Raider was my game of the year last year, I loved it from start to finish. The thought of seeing it looking all fancy on the PS4 is definitely enticing, but do I want to shell out full price on a game I've already finished and own on the PS3?

Decisions, decisions.....
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I'd say it depends on how much you enjoyed it. I played the death out of it on PS3, and I don't regret buying the PS4 version at all.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Pitwar wrote:I'm so torn on whether to pick this up or not.

Tomb Raider was my game of the year last year, I loved it from start to finish. The thought of seeing it looking all fancy on the PS4 is definitely enticing, but do I want to shell out full price on a game I've already finished and own on the PS3?

Decisions, decisions.....
I did. It was my second favourite game of 2013 and I've picked it up for PS4 (I own the full on Survival Kit Edition on Xbox 360) and I don't regret it, still great to play!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I've no regrets buying this at all,birthday money well spent in my book. It was an excellent game on "last" gen, and it's an excellent game now, just even better looking.
Would I pay full whack for constant re-releases? No, i'd mostly Boomerang them. Though if GTAV had the same treatment, who could really turn it down?

If people don't want to buy them, I can totally understand that. Rent them, or wait for a price drop in that case.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

I'd not played TR yet and had the option to either get the 360 version for £15 or the XB1 version for £40. I opted for the XB1 version due to the improved visuals (I could have got the PS4 version but Achievements > Trophies IMO).

I'm loving the game so far.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I've sod all else to play at the moment so I'm very much leaning towards picking it up. Had it been say £25 - £30 I'd have been all over it. Getting tight in my old age.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

So my patience has finally paid off and I now get to sample this reboot thanks to PlayStation Plus.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Once again Plus goes to show it's worth every penny. One of last year's best games, for free? You can't go wrong.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I'll probably play the PS3 version too. Why not. Enjoyed the Xbox 360 and PS4 releases! (1000 and Platinum respectively.)