Battlefield 3

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
TomFum

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by TomFum »

I still cant believe you guys seem to get kicked alot by server owners. This seems to be a console thing though.

So when are we going to see a Cane and Rinse Server then??
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

TomFum wrote:I still cant believe you guys seem to get kicked alot by server owners. This seems to be a console thing though.

Karl (Nokkon) hosted one a few months back for a period. It's not a bad idea for a dedicated event.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

TomFum wrote:I still cant believe you guys seem to get kicked alot by server owners. This seems to be a console thing though.

No, it a Don thing I barely get booted from the games I play ;)

I'm gonna rent a PS3 server just for a weekend, possibly the week after next.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Ahem! I have been a good boy lately. :)
And besides, its not my fault if admins & their cohorts dont have a sense of humour. :D
Ahhh nooo, ive got my brothers wedding thatweekend & i dont think i can avoid it for a BF3 session :D , Im best man.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had a great game last night. 750 tickets each to start on the new desert map. Finished 2nd out of 11 with a k/d of 1/22!. Did capture loads of flags but spent most of the time messing around putting C4 onto Quads and attempting to run them into tank. I think the Gunship spoils that map a bit as who ever has control just rains hell on the captured maps and then the other team send jets to take it out. I'd maybe patch it to just make it a spawn point. Lost in the end, highlight had to be riding across the desert to flag e which was under enemy control. Saw a team mate waiting just outside the base, I go towards him then jump off to help him go in and the quad carry's on into my team mate killing him!! :)ooops
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

DomsBeard wrote:Saw a team mate waiting just outside the base, I go towards him then jump off to help him go in and the quad carry's on into my team mate killing him!! :)ooops
I do this a lot to people who spawn camp the jets, especially if it's the same person in the jet all the time and they have hardly any kills/aren't helping.
aim a jeep at them full speed, then jump out.
counts as a 'bad luck' death for them :twisted:
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

While those guys are frustrating to play with i really am against team killing. If dudes wanna mess about, then let em at it i say, well up to a certain point anyway. The guys i hate are the ones sitting off in the open plains firing hopeful shells at an objective from a tank, maybe getting a lucky kill or two, while his teammates are being killed by opposition hardware on the flag. The tank it the battering ram, a spearhead to take capture points & should not be wasted kids.
Lols, i sound like a right elitist clown.
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Im getting rather pissed off with the new maps. It seems that since the update its opened the door to hackers. Its annoying where your hammering a tank with the attack hele, you get taken out and there damage is at 100% still.

Also noticed on the snowy level, people are sitting in the mountains above B in the attack hele and shooting down to A and just killing you.

Im not a fan of these new maps at all.

Must say though C4'ing people is easy as you like on them though

Really trying to stay off these maps now.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

TomFum wrote:Im getting rather pissed off with the new maps. It seems that since the update its opened the door to hackers.
Welcome to the world of the PC gamer! :twisted:
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

JaySevenZero wrote:
TomFum wrote:Im getting rather pissed off with the new maps. It seems that since the update its opened the door to hackers.
Welcome to the world of the PC gamer! :twisted:
LOL yer i guess, its a small price to pay though.

Was playing lastnight and had really good games, stayed off the new maps and won all of one games and was in the top few as well.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ok so totally got annihilated by a guy using a M240B is this some ridiculous over powered weapon? He finished with a K/D of 150/30. I lost loads of shoot outs with him which I normally don't. Weird
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Are you using aim assist? Cause i can guarantee you, he was. Its kind of a cheap head shot everytime for people who have trouble aiming. When used correctly, obvs.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Battle log apps got an update, it goes into far more detail now it's fantastic
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

If you like the stats section like i do then check out a site called BF3stats.com. Its bloody stats overload. Goes into far more detail than Battlelog.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ran my first C4 loaded buggy into a tank today! :). Tank Superiority is quite dull I think, but handy if you want to up your tank skills. I spent most of the game sneaking up behind guys who were camping on the edge of the course with Javelins.

Caspian Border & Wake Island are my favourite maps.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

DomsBeard wrote:Ran my first C4 loaded buggy into a tank today! :). Tank Superiority is quite dull I think, but handy if you want to up your tank skills. I spent most of the game sneaking up behind guys who were camping on the edge of the course with Javelins.

Caspian Border & Wake Island are my favourite maps.
Can't wait for my first C4 buggy, saw this video which made me revise my entire setup last night.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just remembered I defibed someone to death too! :)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

DomsBeard wrote:Just remembered I defibed someone to death too! :)
Lol, that's awesome. I'm trying that tonight!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

mikeleddy83 wrote:
Lol, that's awesome. I'm trying that tonight!

It was accidental I revived a team mate then an enemy ran in so I went at him.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I have tried to do this several times but the buggers have always clocked me just before I get the drop on them and have taken me out.