Tokyo Jungle

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
mikeleddy83

Tokyo Jungle

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Just started playing this, really is in a genre of it's own. What are your experiences so far?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Tokyo Jungle

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'll be downloading this as soon as I return home - looks brilliant. Similar to Cubivore perhaps: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubivore ... he_Fittest
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I picked it up yesterday after watching a quick look and it is brilliant.
From my experiences so far I've learnt that a Pomeranian can't take down a zebra and lion cubs have parents and guardians, lots of them.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Between this, ICO/SotC HD and Journey, I got pushed over the edge of not really minding that I don't have a PS3. So take of that what you will.
Sean

Post by Sean »

For as much as I evangelize PSN games, for some reason, I can't bring myself to buy it.

Like, I read reviews, all super positive on it, but, then, I look at videos, and, I'm not actually seeing anything enticing.

Really wish there was a demo.
link6616

Post by link6616 »

わああああ。。。 トーキョー ジャングルはもっとかわいい!ほしい、よくほしい!

*cough* Back to english

Aaaah! Tokyo Jungle, so cute! I want it, I really want it.

It really just looks like a fun arcade game, I'm sure had it been around in the early 90s it would be one of those zany arcade classics.
MAp

Post by MAp »

If it keeps moving along in the same direction I think I may fall in love with this game :) So far it's feeling a like a simplified Roguelike, with fixed level layouts and a streamlined item system, but each species also offers a slightly new way to play. And all that is made better with a slight arcadey leaderboard twist.

The controls are simple but I'm starting to think that doesn't matter. It's all about what you do or don't do within those simple mechanics. I learnt this the hard way as my 45 year old pack of White Pomeranian were destroyed in the darkness, I blindly ran to my last territory mark only to bump into a Tiger that took out two of my brothers (weird that all the animals you control are male. I'm sure they could have put in a little code that made your animal able to "receive") with one swipe, I tried to find some new land to mark with my musky Pomeranian man scent but covering a whole new territory took two long and in the rush I starved to death. I'm sure if I took my time and sneaked around that tiger, moving from grass to grass, I could have survived to see Grandpuppies :(
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

After 5-6 pints post Eurogamer I wobbled back to play this with Josh at his place.

I did alright but I couldn't take down the Tosa boss.

Heh, tosser.
Sean

Post by Sean »

From all the word of mouth, and, seeing some people compare it to the Souls games, I went ahead and bought it last night.

Only played 2 rounds, but, not really thrilled with it yet. Need to put more time in, though.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

Killed the Tosa boss last night which had been giving me some trouble so i can finally begin to move on again.

Has anyone else been reading the archive stuff you unlock? I only really started collecting it yesterday and some of it is a bit creepy.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Baron Phil wrote:Killed the Tosa boss last night which had been giving me some trouble so i can finally begin to move on again.

Has anyone else been reading the archive stuff you unlock? I only really started collecting it yesterday and some of it is a bit creepy.
Sure is, only into the first 10 archives but I'm intringued on where it's heading.

My early experiences of the game seem a little redundant now after some long sessions with the game. I pretty much bought the game out of a hunger for something new and quirky but the underlying flow of the game really is starting to shine through now. I love jumping into the survival mode and doing the necessary stuff to progress in the story but the need to set new records and the additional background to the environment glimpsed at in the story mode keeps pushing this game way above the simplistic reasons I chose to pick it up.

For a pick up and play title it does a fine job but in the long term I think it may have longer legs than I initially expected and it's going to be fun throwing that new patapon onto my pomeranians back later on!

A huge thanks to CombineHunter for adding me on PSN, your score was the top of my leaderboards and gave me enough of an incentive to really make some progress and settle down with the game for a few hours.
3manstack

Post by 3manstack »

Anyone got any tips for doing all the challenges in one go?

I have a 40g Pomeranian and unlocked a bunch of the more powerful animals including the ERC-003 but I'll be buggered if I can manage it.

I did the 100 years trophy yesterday but this ones proving elusive.

Answers on a postcard......

Thanks for any replies.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

3manstack wrote:Anyone got any tips for doing all the challenges in one go?

I have a 40g Pomeranian and unlocked a bunch of the more powerful animals including the ERC-003 but I'll be buggered if I can manage it.

I did the 100 years trophy yesterday but this ones proving elusive.

Answers on a postcard......

Thanks for any replies.
This one's way too easy to miss (sadly sometimes through distactions). I'm happy to say you're probably your own guru on this, my only advice which sounds shallow after hearing you got the 100 hours trophy is to hit the sewers quick and get the shortcuts out the way so you can make it from challenge to challenge, and don't start any fetch quest challenges until the stupid turnabout year passes.