Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
mikeleddy83

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Do you like games? Well you'll love Dungeon Keeper then.

http://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper

£1.59, to think I paid £35 for this at release and thought I'd pulled a fast one. I played it again just a few weeks back and despite a few initial mouse sensitivity issues I saw a short 20 minute session turn into 3 hours before I knew it and that charm I thought might've been rose tinted was as genuine as ever.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Does anyone know a place that does PS Vita memory cards without requiring a mortgage?

I'd love a 64, but I think a 32 is more realistic!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

magicjoef wrote:Does anyone know a place that does PS Vita memory cards without requiring a mortgage?

I'd love a 64, but I think a 32 is more realistic!
I got one slightly cheaper than RRP from CEX, but other than that, not really. It's scandalous really, isn't it.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Thanks, I'll take a look there, hadn't thought of that.

It is, and to me seems totally counter productive. Bigger cards might mean people get more games, or use their Vita more because everything they might want is to hand. It is a Sony legacy though, their memory cards have always been ridiculous.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm still yet to play it and picked it up at the last sale for £11.69 but Shin Megami Tensei IV once again hits the sales on the 3ds eshop tomorrow. This time at an even more astonishing price of £8.99, a steal!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The PSN store Easter sale isn't amazing, but there are a few decent bargains. Demon's Souls, Sleeping Dogs and SSX are all under £4 and the Mass Effect Trilogy is only £11.99 - bargaintastic!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

A host of freebies for Xbox Live subscribers with April's Games With Gold (GameRankings average review scores are in brackets):

Xbox One

April 1st - 31st
Child of Light (82%)
Pool Nation FX (83.8%)

Xbox 360

April 1st-15th
Gears of War: Judgment (77.38%)
Terraria (81.07%)

April 16th-31st
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (85.74%)
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (54.24%)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah nice I've got a 30 day code for XBL Gold I've been saving for a game that takes my fancy. Might play Gears Of War.
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

Anyone want a free Heroes of the Storm beta key? I have 4 to give away as part of their invite some friends promotion thing.

I'm really enjoying what I've played so far. All the fun team encounters and strategy of a moba + blizzard characters - a lot of the more overly complex idiosyncrasies of dota (IMHO)

If you want one let me know.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I noticed the latest Wolfenstein for PS4 is on offer in Sainsbury's for £14.99.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

The Steam version of Speedball 2 HD is on sale at the moment for 69p
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251690/
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

For an extra 35p you can get The Chaos Engine too.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

That sure does sound like a better deal than teenage me got back in 1993. £45 for a postal order to send to a company that i got the details from in a games mag. It could take up to 6 weeks to arrive, if at all, they sometimes didnt. Those were the days. Games consoles & games themselves are so much cheaper nowadays.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That sounds like Ireland prices! I think I paid £24.99 in Virgin Megastore for Speedball 2. Chaos Engine might have been nearer £30.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

ratsoalbion wrote:That sounds like Ireland prices! I think I paid £24.99 in Virgin Megastore for Speedball 2. Chaos Engine might have been nearer £30.
oh, and the games all came in such lovely boxes, with a lone disc rattling around inside.
and game manuals! remember those!? an actual booklet put together to tell you not just the controls, but about the game, and the story and the people who made it.
The hours of my youth that were wasted (usually under the watchful eye of a security guard) looking at every single game box.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yeah, to this day prices are higher here than the UK for games. Back then i was ordering from UK companies so the £45 was a total price. It consisted of me having enough Irish pounds back in the day, changing the currency to UK sterling(conversion rate inc). Get a sterling postal order for price of the game + P&P(also, another small charge), so all in all it hit around the £45 mark. You had to be committed to be a gamer here in the late 80's early 90's.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Just looking at what's new on PSN today and noticed a game called Woah Dave for PS4 (and Vita I think) for free. Not sure why or how long for, and I've not played it yet, but hopefully worth a download.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It was free with PS+ on Vita a couple of months back, but they've decided to make it 'secretly' free again for a month following launch on PS4, even though it's not officially part of Sony's Instant Game Collection promotion, which is nice.

It only costs £3 odd anyway, and they recently added a comprehensive update which includes an all-new Deluxe mode.

Anyway, it's frenetic, single-screen 'retro'-styled arcade action.
I like it, but it's pretty tough.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Thanks Leon - partly for the background and partly for reminding I'd downloaded it!

Here's another. It is iOS but I believe Game of Thrones is quite popular so I'll put it in this thread rather than the iOS games one. Anyway, IGN are giving away codes, for as long as they last, for the first episode for free here: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/game-of-thrones-free

Click to generate a code and stick it in the redeem code box on the App Store (or hold your finger on it and it will do it all for you). I just did it, so working at time of writing.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Woah Dave is pretty good once you get in to it and work out some tactics. Although I think Leon is the only person on my friends list playing it at the moment so in my head I'm having a score battle with him haha.