Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by ratsoalbion »

Some of the daily deals have been pretty decent I'd say.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

ratsoalbion wrote:Some of the daily deals have been pretty decent I'd say.
yes, they certainly have, which is why it's kinda strange that sony have ramped up the price on this particular deal.
swings and roundabouts I guess.
Beck

Post by Beck »

That two for one sale is disrespectful, some of those games have had their prices doubled for the sale. Digital pricing is already askew, actions like that make me even more wary of buying digital games.
countstex

Post by countstex »

They are just up to rrp are they not? I only ever buy digital as it's two copies for one with Linda and I both having systems.
Beck

Post by Beck »

That's a good saving Count, Nice one.

I tend to avoid digitial, the majority of the time you can buy a physical copy for the game for a lot less and you aren't restricted with what you can do with the game.
Beck

Post by Beck »

The 6th deal of christmas on PSN is quite good, prices are in euros. I'm very tempted for Destiny legendary edition (All dlc) for £24

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/ ... ristmas-6/

Need for Speed
Was €69.99
Now €39.00 (until 11.59pm, 12th December)

Need for Speed Deluxe Edition
Was €79.99
Now €44.99 (until 11.59pm, 12th December)

Destiny: The Taken King
Was €39.99
Now €24.99

Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Collector’s Edition
Was €89.99
Now €50.00

Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition
Was €69.99
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I think generally the sales on PSN are very good. Digital prices aren't perhaps where people feel they ought to be yet, but I've snagged some fantastic bargains in PSN sales in the past. I swear Trump could get that internet turned off tomorrow and I still wouldn't be able to finish all the games I own in my lifetime!! >_<
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Waiting for Assassins Creed Syndicate paid off as I picked up the special edition in Game yesterday for £25.

Not played a great deal of it yet, but so far so good. It helps I really enjoy a Victorian London setting in games and movies for some unknown reason.

But it's a huge step up from Unity and I already like the main characters which is something I've not been able to say about the series the past few years.

I look forward to cracking on with it tonight.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

So what's the consensus on Destiny? That deal looks rather tempting. I've never played it due to the mixed reception and my general dislike for loot-based gameplay. On the other hand, I really enjoyed all of Bungie's Halo titles. Are the mechanics solid enough to make this a worthwhile purchase or is it all just a glorified collectathon like Borderlands? How is the PVP? Passionate opinions wanted.
DomsBeard

Re: RE: Re: Videogame Deals

Post by DomsBeard »

KSubzero1000 wrote:So what's the consensus on Destiny? That deal looks rather tempting. I've never played it due to the mixed reception and my general dislike for loot-based gameplay. On the other hand, I really enjoyed all of Bungie's Halo titles. Are the mechanics solid enough to make this a worthwhile purchase or is it all just a glorified collectathon like Borderlands? How is the PVP? Passionate opinions wanted.
You have to devote your time to it, that's what I would add. I bought the taken king but still have yet to do a raid (and that includes the vault of glass)
macstat

Post by macstat »

There's a oldie but goodie on GOG for free. Giants : Citizen Kabuto.
Apparently you need to claim it from main page, you need to scroll wayyyy down.
Oh and it ends in 29 hours so better hurry :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Cheers for the heads up on that! If it makes it any easier, just CTRL+F and search for Giants. It'll ping it right up!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

The latest Platinum game Transformers: Devastation (PS4/XBO) is £15.85 at shopto for anybody curious enough.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/P ... evastation
http://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox- ... evastation

I keep hearing Bayonetta 2 mentioned beside it so I'm all in.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Blood Bowl 2 is 50% off the RRP on the XBO store. Heard a few of the GameBurst chaps singing it's praises, and thats less than I've seen it for in GAME of late...
Craig

Post by Craig »

There are some pretty nice 3DS and WiiU deals on the euro eshop this week.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/1 ... ber_europe

I think I'll pick up fractured souls and shantae for the 3DS. If you have already got them the switch force games are great though really short so I wouldn't recommend them at the usual price. Ace attorney is cheap this week if you're looking to pick it up for the podcast- the DS trilogy and the latest 3DS one.

I'm tempted by code of princess as I've heard some good things but I'm completed turned off by the lead character's design. I also hear sayonara umihara is good but I'm not sure if I have the patience.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Some of those Curve Digital ports are insanely cheap! £1.99 for The Swapper, The Swindle, Thomas was alone, Lone Survivor, Stealth Inc 2... Will pick up the ones I don't own, thanks!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Bastion is a dollar on the iOS store. Anyone had any experience playing it on the iPhone? I don't know anything about it other than it's highly recommended.

EDIT:I see there is an actual cane and rinse episode about it, but because of the spoiler heavy nature of the discussions I don't like to listen before I've played through a game. Not that that's a bad thing of course.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

http://www.simplygames.com/p/killer-ins ... k-xbox-one

£4.99 but is it the full game/characters?, I've no idea how this game works but want to give it a try.
macstat

Post by macstat »

GOG has a weekend sale. 36 titles has about 60-70% discount. Its up for next 3 days.
Link here

Also steam has a free weekend (and a 50% discount) on Sword coast legends (Baldurs Gate type rpg) if anyone wants to check out THough i heard its not that good.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Not sure how long this'll last but Codename STEAM is a fiver.

A good turn based strategy game by those who make Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.