Risk Of Rain

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Risk Of Rain

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone played much of this? I bought it on Vita kind of by accident :oops: I got really excited seeing it on the store and purchased it right away, thinking it was the 2D Dark Souls-like Salt & Sanctuary. What an idiot! I don't really have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing and just keep dying. I have managed to kill one boss so far, but I just wondered if anyone else has played this and what they thought of it. It seems like the kind of game I'd usually like and there are lots of unlocks to discover I think - is it worth sticking with?
dezm0nd

Re: Risk Of Rain

Post by dezm0nd »

I didn't really click with it as my roguelike love is firmly in the Isaac camp. It's meant to be really good, though, it just depends on how well you gel with the rogue-ish systems in place!
achamius

Post by achamius »

I can't say i've stuck with it, but did enjoy the couple of levels I've played through. I find I did better when I dropped much pretence at strategy and just tried to keep moving and shooting. Killer soundtrack, too. Pretty good for killing 20 minutes before heading to work.
macstat

Post by macstat »

I on the other hand really liked it. Im not usually the type who plays much of Isaacs, meatboys or any of those simplistic (not in a bad sense) games too much. But RoR managed to keep me occupied for nearly 20 hours. What kept me going ? Probably a little bit of everything. I really love the estetic and mood (something i cant say about Isaac). Game is demanding (and rewarding with cool progression) but at the same time isnt stupidly fast (this is why meatboy isnt for me). Too bad none of my friends play it cause i think i would love to play it more in co-op.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I'm really enjoying it actually. I got about 5 levels in with a 50 minute run last night. As with Isaac it's pure luck really as to whether you get a good build going, but the Enforcer is my class of choice at the moment.

I'd definitely be up for some Vita/PS4 co-op if anyone wants to play. I think it's even cross platform play too.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Loving this now! Did a 90 minute run last night, it just eats away at time!