The Walking Dead

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
registradus

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by registradus »

DomsBeard wrote:
Bakers_12 wrote:
DomsBeard wrote:So episode 4 done......
Spoiler: show
Also Molly so was one of them at one point.
Surely Molly is the woman you see in the video? Hence the vicious attack on the Doctor Walker when getting the battery.
Yeah
she's having sex with the dr to get insulin for her sister who is diabetic which she's hiding from everyone so her sister isn't ''removed''
Did you both get 3 video tapes? I nearly forgot to watch the 3rd one I picked up.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

So, Ben.

As much as I can't stand the guy, I didn't have the heart to drop him. Clem stood up for him, and I couldn't bring myself to drop the guy.

The search for Clem made me feel really uneasy, and walking up the the radio left on the floor felt like a set up. I chose to investigate the pile of boxes first before picking up the radio, and in the struggle ended up being bitten, which to me felt a bit like a sucker-punch. I chose to investigate the boxes, rather than exposing myself to attack by picking up the radio and still got bitten. I guess the bite is something vital to the plot line.
I told the group about eh bite right away, I figured if I was to get any help, then everyone would need to know.
I ended up having Ben, Omid and christie come along with me. Kenny decided that I didn't stick up for him enough, so he's fucked off. I'm not really fussed about that. Kenny has proved to be unhelpful throughout my game. He left me struggling, pinned under a door, he smashed larry's head in while I was trying to revive him. He aggravated pretty much every situation we stumbled into, I think he's more of a liability than Ben.

I'm not sure what to make of when I was asked about if I came in down the train lines.
I don't recall if he asked if we came in on the train, or just via the train lines. I don't know if this means that our train is gone, or if it means that he spotted a flood of zombies coming down the train track, either way, I figured as soon as we got to the underground hideout that everyone there would already have left.

I felt that Chuck being dead in the were was a bit weak as well, especially after last episode where he had been managing to survive on his own and actually gave everyone a lecture about being careful.

Any thoughts on who has Clem?
and who was messing around with the bells?

Can't wait for the last episode.
registradus

Post by registradus »

Molly was the one
messing with the bells.
she used them to distract the zombies while she searched another area.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

registradus wrote:
Molly was the one
messing with the bells.
she used them to distract the zombies while she searched another area.
She was questioned directly about this, and said she was ringing a bell, but not the one from earlier on

Back at the start of the episode, a bell was rung, and the radio told us we'd better get off the street.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Just blitzed through this in one sitting, brilliant stuff as usual.
Better believe I let Ben fall to his death. It was thanks to his fucking about with the bandits that Carlie ended up getting killed. And taking that axe out that was blocking the door was the final straw. Bye Bye dickhead.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Just blitzed through this in one sitting, brilliant stuff as usual.
Better believe I let Ben fall to his death. It was thanks to his fucking about with the bandits that Carlie ended up getting killed. And taking that axe out that was blocking the door was the final straw. Bye Bye dickhead.
how did Clem react?
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Well,
she was disapointed, but when I explained that there wasn't time and he didn't want to be saved, she understood. I could hardly say "I thought he was a useless wanker and laughed when he died"
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Well,
she was disapointed, but when I explained that there wasn't time and he didn't want to be saved, she understood. I could hardly say "I thought he was a useless wanker and laughed when he died"
you see, I was ready to leave him to defend himself somewhere, but when it came down to me being the person to actually drop him to his death, he is a schoolkid after all.
If it's anything like the Doug/Carly situation, I can't see him surviving more than 10 minutes into the next episode anyway. Maybe lilly's going to come back and shoot him
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

registradus wrote:
DomsBeard wrote:
Bakers_12 wrote:
DomsBeard wrote:So episode 4 done......
Also Molly so was one of them at one point.
Surely Molly is the woman you see in the video? Hence the vicious attack on the Doctor Walker when getting the battery.
Yeah
she's having sex with the dr to get insulin for her sister who is diabetic which she's hiding from everyone so her sister isn't ''removed''
Did you both get 3 video tapes? I nearly forgot to watch the 3rd one I picked up.
There's three!!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah,
Tape 1 is in the same room as the Camera you play it in, Tape 2 is on the doctor's body, and Tape 3 is in the Blood Splattered Locker near the nurse's Office. The dead doctor has a slip on him with the combination to the locker.

Ben may have been a student, but he was also an utter liability, so I was damned if I was going to save him.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I just wanted to let you all know that in episode 4
I left Clem at the house 'and' gave her a gun to protect herself.

Turned out she'd managed to take a walker out while we were gone.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Baron Phil wrote:I just wanted to let you all know that in episode 4
I left Clem at the house 'and' gave her a gun to protect herself.

Turned out she'd managed to take a walker out while we were gone.
nice!
wondered what happened if you chose to do that.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

EPISODE 5 announced!!!!

Wednesday 21st on PS3/360.

Cannot wait!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

DomsBeard wrote:EPISODE 5 announced!!!!

Wednesday 21st on PS3/360.

Cannot wait!
*foams at the mouth*
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I meant to ask before
who did you take with you at the end? I decided to go alone and hid the bite too.
mik

Post by mik »

I did the same.
I hid the bite--irresponsible as that may be--because I've established myself as the leader of the group, and I don't want that questioned, bite or no bite. And I decided to go it alone because A) I don't trust anyone else in the group to care about Clem as much as I do and B) if the effects of the bite kick in, it's probably better that I'm alone.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

I showed the bite and took everybody except Ben, who is presumably now a puddle at the bottom of some stairs. Also left Clem at the house and gave her the gun
I AM A TERRIBLE LEADER DO NOT PUT ME IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

PressEscToExit wrote:
I showed the bite and took everybody except Ben, who is presumably now a puddle at the bottom of some stairs. Also left Clem at the house and gave her the gun
I AM A TERRIBLE LEADER DO NOT PUT ME IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING
I did the same.
I did hide the bite to start with but i showed them before we left.
I was going to go alone but I didn't want to take the chance that i might find Clem and then turn when I was alone with her
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

DomsBeard wrote:I meant to ask before
who did you take with you at the end? I decided to go alone and hid the bite too.
I did the same. Glad to know I'm not the only one. After listening to Joypod I thought I'd messed up.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Baron Phil wrote:
I was going to go alone but I didn't want to take the chance that i might find Clem and then turn when I was alone with her
Yeah I was the same. I considered letting Kenny go - had no doubts that Christa would take me out to protect Clem if it came down to that - but in the end I thought I'd rather have Kenny there to do it and take care of Clem.

Actually now that I think more about it, that's absolutely an ending I'd be happy with - closes the loop with Lee and Kenny really neatly, given what happened with Duck etc