Sound of Play: 72

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 72

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the latest episode of our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years. Of course it’s not just about what we like, so if you venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com you can put forward your favourites and we’ll start to include a selection in the playlist for each show.

This show’s presenters were Ryan Hamann and Leah Haydu

along with community contributions from Kid Skitzky, Todinho, and Boundless.

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Black Rain by Yoshiaki Fujisawa - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, 2016
Track 2: Forest Theme by Sam van Lonkhuyzen - Westerado: Double Barreled, 2015
Track 3: Island Kahuna Battle by Minako Adachi, Go Ichinose, Junichi Masuda, Hitomi Sato, Tomoaki Oga, & Hideaki Kuroda - Pokémon Sun & Moon, 2016
Track 4: Joy by Shoji Meguro - Persona 3, 2006
Track 5: Boss Battle by ??? - Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, 2008
Track 6: BGM 30 ~Clarification 2nd Mix~ by Shinji Hosoe - Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma, 2016
Track 7: MiiO by Olivier Derivière - Bound by Flame, 2014
Track 8: Force Your Way by Nobuo Uematsu & Black Mages - Final Fantasy VIII, 1999
Track 9: Samorost 3 Main Theme by Floex - Samorost 3, 2016

Sound of Play: 72 was edited by Ryan Hamann

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead
Donk

Re: Sound of Play: 72

Post by Donk »

What a lovely track that is from Westerado. Hearing the introduction from Ryan I was even about to skip it (cowboy music with twangy banjos and fiddles) but I must have listened to it ten times since listening to the show. Went and bought the soundtrack on bandcamp too. You should too: https://samvanlonkhuyzen.bandcamp.com/a ... rreled-ost
InsrtCoins

Re: Sound of Play: 72

Post by InsrtCoins »

Good recommendations :) Goes to show that music can be surprising sometimes. I try not to dislike entire genres of music, because it always comes around to bite me later when I find a track that was particularly well-recorded or had an interesting spin on a style of music that I thought I didn't like. That's the most fun, for me.