Other podcast recommendations

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Re: Other podcast recommendations

Post by Alex79 »

...although, shame to hear that Ryan will be leaving the podcast team. His voice is just so silky smooth!

:lol: :oops: :lol:
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Alex79uk wrote:...although, shame to hear that Ryan will be leaving the podcast team. His voice is just so silky smooth!
Yeah, I was really bummed to hear that. Best of luck in that new job!
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

gallo_pinto wrote:
Alex79uk wrote:...although, shame to hear that Ryan will be leaving the podcast team. His voice is just so silky smooth!
Yeah, I was really bummed to hear that. Best of luck in that new job!
same here. hope we'll still see (hear) him from time to time!
Beck

Post by Beck »

Afternoon :)

Myself and a couple of friends that I met through these forums (MikeLeddy and Jinkkai) as well as two friends from college have started a podcast called The Bit Effect. We've been recording for a couple months and started releasing at the start of the year, we have two shows under the one banner, the first being called The Bit Effect where we discuss a range of different topics in a round table style. The second called Retro Rewind where one of us or hopefully soon one of the audience picks a game which we all play and then discuss as a group. Why was it picked? How does it stand up? Would you recommend it? It's been fun to go back and play older games.

Give us a listen - https://soundcloud.com/thebiteffect

I'd appreciate any feed back and if you'd like to suggest a game for retro rewind we would be delighted :)

Beck
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cool, definitely will check out. Are they on iTunes?

EDIT - found The Bit Effect, not Retro Rewind though. Just to make sure, the bit effect has two episodes, a GOTY 2016 and an episode called 001 Preservation. Is that you?

EDIT 2 - Sorry, I could have worked that out myself by simply clicking the link you provided!!
Beck

Post by Beck »

Hi Alex, I've got them on all the podcast services I can think of (iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud and few others that I randomly found) If there others, please let me know.

Both shows will be under the Bit Effect RSS feed, the first retro rewind will release on Thursday, it's Godzilla on the NES :)

Also, please excuse the poor audio of the latest episode. That was our second attempt at recording, microphone positioning was not figured out haha
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Heads up for Leon, the latest episode of Retro Asylum is dedicated to Bubble Bobble.

I cannot vouch for the quality of the podcast, as I've only listened to one episode before, an interview with Mr Biffo (which was good) but anyway, I know you love that game!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Beck wrote:Afternoon :)

Myself and a couple of friends that I met through these forums (MikeLeddy and Jinkkai) as well as two friends from college have started a podcast called The Bit Effect. We've been recording for a couple months and started releasing at the start of the year, we have two shows under the one banner, the first being called The Bit Effect where we discuss a range of different topics in a round table style. The second called Retro Rewind where one of us or hopefully soon one of the audience picks a game which we all play and then discuss as a group. Why was it picked? How does it stand up? Would you recommend it? It's been fun to go back and play older games.

Give us a listen - https://soundcloud.com/thebiteffect
Cool, I'll be sure to give it a listen!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79uk wrote:Heads up for Leon, the latest episode of Retro Asylum is dedicated to Bubble Bobble.
I cannot vouch for the quality of the podcast, as I've only listened to one episode before, an interview with Mr Biffo (which was good) but anyway, I know you love that game!
That I do.
Sorry Alex I only just saw this. I will check it out.

Paul Davies has invited me on Retro Asylum more than once but then never followed up with a date.
Some day I guess!
:)
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

ratsoalbion wrote:
Alex79uk wrote:Heads up for Leon, the latest episode of Retro Asylum is dedicated to Bubble Bobble.
That I do.
Sorry Alex I only just saw this. I will check it out.

Paul Davies has invited me on Retro Asylum more than once but then never followed up with a date.
Some day I guess!
:)
Is that Kirby loving, Nintendo Magazine System Paul Davies?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Nah, different guy.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah I wondered if it was Paul 'Cacka-Gibbon' Davis of Mean Machine fame.

No worries either Leon, glad you spotted it :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I saw Paul 'CVG' Davies at a couple of game preview events when I was doing the games journo thing, but I didn't pluck up the courage to approach him (or the opportunity didn't really present itself). I did speak to a fair few other industry celebs though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Nice surprise on the TCGS x C&R crossover this week. I took the long way home so I could listen to more in the car haha.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'm still only half an hour in but really enjoying it, and been looking forward to it for a while. It's like Street Fighter X Tekken, but great.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hope everyone enjoyed it! :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I genuinely felt a bit bad for you over Yooka Laylee, given how much you were looking forward to it!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ear Hustle - a new podcast from the inmates of San Quentin prison. First episode was pretty interesting, I think it's got a lot of potential. Jump on it quick before it gets big so you can be all like 'Yeah man I listened to it before it got popular'...
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I just have to get this off my chest because it's been bugging me for a while but I absolutely cannot bear the Waypoint podcast. It's about 90% smugness and 10% interesting insights and passionate discussion. I just wish they didn't all sound so unbearably pleased with themselves, all the time. I can't work with those percentages any more.

Carry on.
James

Post by James »

Stanshall wrote: June 24th, 2017, 10:47 am I just have to get this off my chest because it's been bugging me for a while but I absolutely cannot bear the Waypoint podcast. It's about 90% smugness and 10% interesting insights and passionate discussion. I just wish they didn't all sound so unbearably pleased with themselves, all the time. I can't work with those percentages any more.

Carry on.
I quite enjoy Waypoint, but feel exactly this way about Glixel. I have trouble with opinions stated as facts at the best of times, but it really smarts in this instance because I'd usually listen to John Davison read the phonebook. Alas!