Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
JaySevenZero
Admin

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)

Post by JaySevenZero »

Hey all, I recently picked up Star Wars Battlefront and found some others who've dusted off their copies to team up and blast about on the various modes. Anyone else fancy joining in? I'm keeping it casual so as to keep it fun but 9pm this Friday (21st) I'm gonna set up an open party and if you're up for it just join it and we'll get you in the next available game if we're already playing.

This will be the vanilla version of the game for simplicity's sake but be sure to have updated the game beforehand if you wanna play, as it had some serious download when I loaded it up.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)

Post by ratsoalbion »

QUITE TEMPTED!
countstex

Post by countstex »

I've not played that in a long time. A long time. ;)
If I remember I'll try and pop in. Actually is there a google calendar or something for folks to subscribe to that these sort of events can get added to.. or is that what those club things are for on the consoles? Just thinking it would be nice with a reminder pop up on my phone.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

ratsoalbion wrote: April 19th, 2017, 1:38 pm QUITE TEMPTED!
Well, it's £10 and is a pretty straightforward pick up and play type affair, that nails the Star Wars atmosphere better than pretty much any SW game to date!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Seen you on it Jay. Will jump in if im about. Its a flawed but wholly enjoyable multiplayer. Didnt enjoy the pay to win aspect where if you bought the season pass with the game at launch you got Han Solos blaster. It was massively overpowered at the time, a two shot kill at any range, in a game that has hip fire more accurate than ADS is a bad thing. You could buy it in game when you got to rank 25 but the whole giving it because you bought a season pass stank to me.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Indiana747 wrote: April 19th, 2017, 11:53 pm Seen you on it Jay. Will jump in if im about. Its a flawed but wholly enjoyable multiplayer. Didnt enjoy the pay to win aspect where if you bought the season pass with the game at launch you got Han Solos blaster. It was massively overpowered at the time, a two shot kill at any range, in a game that has hip fire more accurate than ADS is a bad thing. You could buy it in game when you got to rank 25 but the whole giving it because you bought a season pass stank to me.
Whilst that may have been a problem when the game launched in 2015, it's clear it's been long since nerfed as it doesn't appear to make any difference in the games I've played recently. What it has been though, is an easy-going blast, where I get to run around in an amazing recreation of Star Wars scenes going "Pew! Pew!" at the opposing teams.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

What it lacked in content, it made up for with that amazing atmosphere. Also, if you ever get a chance, play that VR mission too, its one of the coolest things ive ever expierienced in video gaming.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

If I'm about then I'm certainly in the same boat. Picked up late and haven't played nearly enough. Can be very fun so hopefully I can make it.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

mikeleddy83 wrote: April 20th, 2017, 10:49 pm If I'm about then I'm certainly in the same boat. Picked up late and haven't played nearly enough. Can be very fun so hopefully I can make it.
Cool! I'll be setting up an open party chat so if you come on just jump in.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Cheers for the night all. Forgotten how much fun you can have despite being awful at that game! ;)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

countstex wrote: April 22nd, 2017, 8:31 pm Cheers for the night all. Forgotten how much fun you can have despite being awful at that game! ;)
Heh, no worries man - there was very little skill on show from any of us last night, so you were in good company there! :D
macstat

Post by macstat »

Once again i can sing "all by myself" sitting in front of my PC :(
Beck

Post by Beck »

I'd be up for some online or co-op, send me an invite if you see me online :)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Beck wrote: April 24th, 2017, 9:59 am I'd be up for some online or co-op, send me an invite if you see me online :)
Will do!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I played this after having played an awful lot of Titanfall 2, and I have to admit, I found it a difficult transition.
I can hold my own on titanfall, and if I end up in multiplayer by myself, I can get by.
I found that with battlefront though, that I struggled to do much more than run out and get gunned down.
Pehaps I'll have to dust off my copy, re-install and jump in.