What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by dezm0nd »

Surprisingly slim this week.

Velocity 2X: Critical Mass Edition - PS4
Patapon Remastered - PS4
Tacoma - PC, XBO
James

Post by James »

Hopefully quality makes up for what we lack in quantity. Velocity 2X really is quite sublime, and though it's not for me, Patapon too.

Tacoma, I have high hopes for. Trying (and failing) to keep my expectations in check.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Patapon is a must buy.
James

Post by James »

I tried it on Vita and really didn't get on with it, sadly. Then again, rhythm-action isn't generally my cup of tea, so it shouldn't have been a great surprise.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

No way I'm buying Patapon again - that tune is stuck in my head just at the thought of it! Awesome game if you've not played it before.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Tacoma is reviewing pretty well across the board... my wallet is itching.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

stvnorman wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 6:25 pm No way I'm buying Patapon again - that tune is stuck in my head just at the thought of it! Awesome game if you've not played it before.
Definitely on my list of things to end up playing one day. I do love rhythm action stuff!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Blackhole - PS4
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC, PS4
ICEY - PS4
LawBreakers - PC, PS4
Neptune Flux - PSVR
Sine Mora EX - PC, NS, PS4, XBO
Sudden Strike 4 - PC
James

Post by James »

Nice little selection of action games in there. Hellblade for 3D hack 'n' slash action, ICEY for some 2D hack 'n' slash action and Sine Mora may be an older game, but it boasts some lovely shoot 'em up action!

:-)
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Sine Mora is one of the best shoot 'em up I've played, as a casual fan of the genre. Definitely worth picking up if you've missed it the first time around.

Lawbreakers seems like something I might be into in a world where Overwatch didn't exist. I just don't see myself focusing on several intensive and demanding multiplayer titles in the same genre. Time doesn't grow on trees, after all.

And Hellblade... Looks kinda cool at first glance, but it's gonna take a lot to convince me to give Ninja Theory another chance. Not a fan of their body of work at all.
Craig

Post by Craig »

This Thursday will be the demo of Monster Hunter XX for Switch. Japan only, but easy enough to set up an account on the eshop!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Sonic Mania is next week. And it looks spectacular.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

And Severed has suddenly turned up on the Switch eShop today. Never played it but heard it's OK. I'll save my pennies for Sonic.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I really liked Severed. Played it on holiday last year, was perfect for late night gaming whilst everyone watched TV.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Right then, that's Darren, Ryan Hamann and Sean Bell who've all given Severed the thumbs up today, so I'm questioning my prejudice about it basically being Fruit Ninja! I'll have a punt for a tenner.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Been really looking forward to Hellblade. I've got mixed opinions on Ninja Theory's previous work, but through their whole catalogue they've been showing a really solid upward trajectory in quality, and this one seems like it's going to continue that. Also very interested in how they're tackling mental health themes and such, and I'm rooting for them in their "AAA indie" experiment. We need more games in that kind of space.

Unsure on what platform to pick it up on though. It's supposedly 60fps on the PS4 Pro, but I'm not 100% convinced that's without any compromise. Shouldn't have to worry about that with the PC version, but the PS4 allows for much more convenient use of headphones, which the game is supposed to make very good use of with its sound design.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Scrustle wrote: August 8th, 2017, 10:16 pm Been really looking forward to Hellblade. I've got mixed opinions on Ninja Theory's previous work, but through their whole catalogue they've been showing a really solid upward trajectory in quality, and this one seems like it's going to continue that. Also very interested in how they're tackling mental health themes and such, and I'm rooting for them in their "AAA indie" experiment. We need more games in that kind of space.
Yep, I bought it last night without reading any reviews for pretty much the same reasons. I know that's not exactly wise, but I'm happy to support them based on their past work and what they're trying to do here, including the 'shorter' AAA game for less money thing.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Chopper wrote: August 9th, 2017, 8:59 am Yep, I bought it last night without reading any reviews for pretty much the same reasons. I know that's not exactly wise, but I'm happy to support them based on their past work and what they're trying to do here, including the 'shorter' AAA game for less money thing.
I've been avoiding reviews as well. Same reason that I stopped watching the developer diary videos they have been doing after a while, even though those were really interesting. I get the impression that this game has some fun surprises in terms of situations it puts you in. Story beats, and some of the hallucination scenes. Would be a shame to not get to see those first-hand.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Well, some of these games have crept up on me!

StarCraft: Remastered - PC
Agents of Mayhem - PC, PS4, XBO
Cities: Skylines - PS4
Matterfall - PS4
Nidhogg 2 - PC, PS4
Night Trap 25th Anniversary - PC, PS4
Observer - PC, PS4, XBO
Sonic Mania - PC, NS, PS4, XBO
Sudden Strike 4 - PS4
The Pillars of The Earth Book 1: From The Ashes - PC, PS4, XBO
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Season Two of Telltales Batman came out on Tuesday too.