Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ColinAlonso

Re: Videogame News

Post by ColinAlonso »

I haven't actually played a Platinum game for more than a few minutes. But I did anticipate a Bayonetta 1 and 2 Switch release so I'll probably start there. 3 was a bit of a surprise.

What are the chances of Dreams being delayed to 2019?
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

KSubzero1000 wrote: December 8th, 2017, 7:35 am
I don't know who or what that is, but I want it. NOW.
Ok so hear me out, this game is gonna be a sci-fi Silent hills and it's gonna play around with different dimensions and time and space. In fact I think we have seen a few gameplay elements in this trailer, remember how in silent hill the fog obstructcs your vision so the way the game tells you there are monsters near is through the radio? Well I believe that device shown in the trailer is gonna have a similar function gameplaywise in warning you about these invisible interdimensional creatures, also if you pay attention we see our first health indicators, every character wears handcuffs that are blue and as their health deteriorates it turns red as its seen by the guy crushed under the bus and the other guy that stabs himself and that clearlly shows his bracelet going from blue-green-yellow-orange-red now what Im really interested to see represented is how the connections aspect is gonna play gameplaywise but I think that baby is the key to that since we`ve seen him being traded around by the characters. But man there should be a category every year called "Best Hideo Kojima trailer" because there's nothing else like it.

Overall I thought the game awards was actually better then say E3 in terms of annoucements and I think the show was actually pretty good, it's unfortunate that between every moment of excitement and genuine celebration there has to be a fucking comercial but I think the show is doing the best it can within these constraints props to Keighlly.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Sorry, but MGSV burned me too deeply to ever start theory-crafting and speculating about a Kojima game (or any other game, for that matter) for years on end ever again. I just want to wait in peace until the damn thing gets released and savor every minute of it without being burdened by unrealistic expectations. :P

2022 can't come soon enough.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

You're the one who posted the trailer and is hyping yourself up dont blame me for it =P
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yeah, b-but... the trailer itself is fine! I just don't want to speculate about it too much! Big difference! :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I can't wait for Death Stranding. Kojima is a genius.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

KSubzero1000 wrote: December 8th, 2017, 5:29 pm Sorry, but MGSV burned me too deeply to ever start theory-crafting and speculating about a Kojima game (or any other game, for that matter) for years on end ever again. I just want to wait in peace until the damn thing gets released and savor every minute of it without being burdened by unrealistic expectations. :P

2022 can't come soon enough.
I agree. I didn't actually watch the trailer, and I'm not interested in reading anything about the game - when it's released I'll pick it up (Kojima's games, even with all their flaws, have done enough over the years to get a free-pass from me).

It's nice to go into an experience without expectations, and just let that experience speak for itself.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So more Death Stranding news and concrete ones if dont like to especulate, Kojima goes into some of the game mechanics actually shown in the latest trailer, he goes over a few details of the world and talks about how the Sag-afftra strike has impacted the game, pretty good information if you're interested:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/11/ ... y-and-lore

Now I do share some of the sentiment that you dont want to overhype yourself by theorizing over every frame of a trailer and there's something to be said to going in blind into an experience(for example I havent watched anything Last Jedi related to do just that) but just let me quote MathewMatosis here for a second:
"From the moment we watched the first trailer we were all already playing Kojima's game"
This is in relation to the hype up to MGS2 which was the ultimate betrayal of expectations, that's why I like following these trailers and theory crafting.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Here's something to make me cross, even though I thought Sonic Forces was even worse than modern sonic usually is, its added in Super Sonic (strange that wasn't in the game at all before).... as paid DLC. For the price of one pound fifty, or 2 euro!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone heard of Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/ ... biles/amp/

It's not new news, but I'd not heard of it until today. Out 'soon', it's apparently the full version of FFXV, made for mobile. It supposedly contains all the story, all the missions, but simpler controls and cutesy graphics.

I won't be buying it, but I really like the idea in principle. Not something I've seen done before at all. Phone gamers usually get either a ham fisted effort of cramming awkward controls and a full game on to mobile - which just isn't what people want, or something totally different like a match 3 puzzler or card battler based on the source material.

Given the ridiculous pricing of SquareEnix games on mobile (over £20 for FF9, which is outrageous) I can't imagine they sell like hot cakes, but that aside it's a very interesting idea and I applaud them for trying something a bit different.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I've seen that FF15 Pocket Edition before. It was announced a while ago. I kind of like it in theory. Not sure I would actually play it though. There were mutterings of it getting a Switch version at some point, which I would be more interested in, but there's a bit of confusion surrounding that. There are also a few quotes out there that suggest Squeenix are looking in to putting the full game on the Switch instead. Somehow I doubt that will happen, but still. Not clear what those guys are up to at the moment.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

This just in, I don't know about you but I've been hoping beyond my wildest dreams that this would happen! The remaster the entire world has been asking for!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/11/16878 ... lease-date

What?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I mean, why not? Surely the series has a built-in audience by now. Plus, remasters and re-releases of five year old games are all the rage these days.
Joshihatsumitsu

I totally forgot Rogue existed... after reading that bit of Polygon news it was like "oh yeah... that game... pass"...
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

It's actually been highly requested by the AC community due to its release at the tail end of the 360 generation. It's one of the more competent and interesting entries.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Today I learned there is such a thing as the "AC community".

I jest, I jest. :P
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Alright, I deserved those. :)
Joshihatsumitsu

Because, inevitably, someone is going to draw attention to this story regarding the alleged toxic work environment of Quantic Dream.

Perhaps my favourite line from this particular article:

Cage, particularly, is painted as a figure hard to work with. He is apparently ironically nicknamed "Papa", "God" and "Sun King" for his autocratic approach to working, for demanding long hours and for not listening to others.

David Cage? Not listening to others? I find that very hard to believe... :o
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: January 15th, 2018, 6:26 am Because, inevitably, someone is going to draw attention to this story regarding the alleged toxic work environment of Quantic Dream.

Perhaps my favourite line from this particular article:

Cage, particularly, is painted as a figure hard to work with. He is apparently ironically nicknamed "Papa", "God" and "Sun King" for his autocratic approach to working, for demanding long hours and for not listening to others.

David Cage? Not listening to others? I find that very hard to believe... :o
It almost feels like non-news, at this point, given the majority's assumptions about his character.

We live in strange times. I absolutely welcome the unearthing of problematic work ethics across the industry but at the same time, so much of it is second or even third hand. Not that I think anyone is lying, but you kind of wish you could get a handle on the situation that includes every perspective. I suppose you could say the same about any industry.