The Great CaR Secret Santa 2018!

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
dezm0nd

Re: The Great CaR Secret Santa 2017!

Post by dezm0nd »

The 1st is this Friday! This is a pre-reminder.

Apologies for not listing my interests! I'm a fool!

I like coffee and videogames but ultimately i'm much more interested in a surprise! Anything! ... I'm not desperate..!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Everyone should have received their assignments by now, which means the exciting part has officially begun! :P

Shall we meet in this thread again once we've received our presents? I don't think it's absolutely necessary to wait for Christmas to arrive, btw. Mine should be in the mail before the end of the week.

Good luck, have fun!
Suits

Post by Suits »

I'm waiting for one more final item to arrive then my package will be up, up and away !!!
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Suits wrote: December 9th, 2017, 10:05 am I'm waiting for one more final item to arrive then my package will be up, up and away !!!
Same! I have just received Santa's parcel to me too. Exciting!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

kintaris wrote: December 9th, 2017, 3:36 pm I have just received Santa's parcel to me too. Exciting!
Wait, does that mean you've already received your present? If so, don't keep us in suspense, man!
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Ah, sorry. I was being a traditionalist and waiting for Christmas! But what the hell.

I am so pleased. Thank you Santa! I pretty much have two pairs of socks left at this point so these are essential. My burgeoning Zelda education gets a little boost AND Poliwhirl is one of the few Pokémon I don't already have scattered around the house.

Merry Christmas!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Nice one, love the socks! :P
Suits

Post by Suits »

Awesome.

Mine went out on it’s travels this morning !!
Suits

Post by Suits »

So, I received my Secret Santa today and was totally knocked flat on my back through the thought and generosity that went into my gift.

I've spoken privately with KSubzero1000 already and thanked him for his tremendous effort in getting this to me.

For those that don't know, this is a game I've been looking for for a while, and often when you do find it, it's more than what I want to pay for it or is incomplete. This game is usually north of £120, to give you a scale to go on.

KSubzero1000 is always welcome in my house, if ever he ventures over this way. Legend.

I'm now going to wait for a decent bottle of Port, full belly and crack on with playing this game I've been looking forward to playing for a while. Happy bloody days.

What a wonderful community we have here on C&R.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Wow!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I just received mine! A copy of the "Ten Things Video Games Can Teach Us" book, as well as the world's most olfactory aggressive tea caddy (both of which I can't wait to make good use of later today), all topped off with an adorable pun that I will not utter here. Thanks a lot, kintaris! :P

PS: Was it your idea to wrap up the parcel in a makeshift hazmat suit or was this a bold initiative from the postal service? I'm leaning towards the latter interpretation, but it was funny either way!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Finally found a decent gift to give and sent mine out today. I left my name off the whole thing, but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out who it's from by the receiver. :P
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

KSubzero1000 wrote: December 15th, 2017, 10:44 am I just received mine! A copy of the "Ten Things Video Games Can Teach Us" book, as well as the world's most olfactory aggressive tea caddy (both of which I can't wait to make good use of later today), all topped off with an adorable pun that I will not utter here. Thanks a lot, kintaris! :P

PS: Was it your idea to wrap up the parcel in a makeshift hazmat suit or was this a bold initiative from the postal service? I'm leaning towards the latter interpretation, but it was funny either way!
Hah, I managed to pull in a favour at work and got it shipped with our courier, so who knows what they did with it... maybe it was camoflage? What the hell else were they shipping, I wonder? :lol:

Hope you enjoy them both!

P.S. Totally forgot that I'd plastered my actual name all over my signature here, so that return address was a bit of a giveaway... :lol:
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Thanks Suits! It almost feels like you came with the package, seeing that plushy doll. You put thought in it, I really appreciate it. Funny that that Atmosphere CD was distributed by a record label in Amsterdam. That's made its way neatly back to where it came from. :P
Suits

Post by Suits »

Cool man, enjoy 8-) .

Like I said on Twitter, it's just a bit of nonsense but that Atmosphere album was integral to a 18 year old Suits :lol: .

#RoySlut
Craig

Post by Craig »

Though I didn't have time to participate this year, I have to say I'm enjoying seeing all these neat things from neat people.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Same. Despite the relatively low number of participants and some minor organisational difficulties, I have to say that I'm very pleased to see how much enthusiasm and thought people have put into this. Many thanks to all of you!

Definitely hoping for a higher turnout next year, though!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes, well done everybody. Heartwarming stuff.

Special thanks to Ksubzero for suggesting and organisation (and sincere apologies again for my behind-the-scenes boo-boo)!

I'll admit to being a bit Scrooge-like about this (it's been a weird and demanding year for me), but once again the wonderful community has outdone itself. More next year and I hope to join in myself, time and money permitting!

Happy holidays one and all!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Suits wrote: December 19th, 2017, 1:05 pm Like I said on Twitter, it's just a bit of nonsense but that Atmosphere album was integral to a 18 year old Suits :lol: .
It's funny, I've never listened to that album before, but doing so now instantly transports me back to when I was 27 years old. :P
Suits

Post by Suits »

Michiel K wrote: December 19th, 2017, 12:47 pm Thanks Suits!
Thinking about it, I didn't put who it was from in, or on the parcel at all :lol: .