Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by Todinho »

So I've been playing Uncharted 4 and I just had to remark on Chapter 4 which was the best bit so far, something struck me while playing that especially was the scene between Nate and Helena, I was thinking and if that scene was in a movie it would've been a good scene but that would be it, seeing that in a game however I was absolutelly floored, everything in that scene from the graphical quality to the animations and performances just blew my mind.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I really liked that whole part, really nicely done.

I've been playing Infamous Second Son. I recently (last week) started a new job, and my old work gave me a load of Amazon vouchers amongst other things as a leaving gift. I had the Shadow Of The Collossus remake in my basket ready to buy when I suddenly stopped myself, realising I have about ten games that I actually really want to play sitting on my PS4 installed, and I'm mental buying more stuff before at least trying to get some of those done. So I started Infamous, and am really enjoying it. I liked the first two, and yeah it's more of the same really. Suits me fine.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Someone gifted me Worlds of Final Fantasy, a game I would never have picked up on my own. But, having started it and finding out it's Pokemon Final Fantasy World Tour, I'm kind of all in. The chibi art isn't my cup of tea, but they do have a battle mechanic around it, so it's not just cosmetic. Did anyone else play this?
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Been playing a fair bit of my birthday gift, Mario + Rabbids. What a joy of a game and it's pretty addictive in the way the modern X-com games and the better Fire Emblem games are.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Michiel K wrote: March 19th, 2018, 7:31 pm Been playing a fair bit of my birthday gift, Mario + Rabbids. What a joy of a game and it's pretty addictive in the way the modern X-com games and the better Fire Emblem games are.
Yeah, top game that. Gets pretty challenging too.

I recently went back to it, some time after first finishing it and played the Co-Op challenges with a friend couch Co-Op, very good, he loved it.

I’m two Worlds into Kirby All Star Allies on the Switch. It’s OK, pretty challenge-less but is enjoyable non the less.

The puzzles are very mild and require the right combination of friends to solve, which do make them rather satisfying when you figure them out.

It’s a very pleasant place to be mind and is fun exploring the Kirby universe and getting through it.

I’ll see how it pans out.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I’m currently playing ico.

When I booted up the game on my ps3 it offered me a stereoscopic 3D mode. I completely forgot about the 3D craze where seemingly every game was offering it and it was touted as the future.

The game itself is absolutely astonishing in 3D and so far I’m pleased to replay it this way
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Hit an absolute wall of bullshit in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last night. A bridge I couldn't access stopping progression of the game because a character I only just got has a secret ability that's not apparent and needs to be highly levelled. No tutorial to explain why or tips on how to carry on.

Eventually pieced together about 4 different Reddit threads and someone mentioned there's this place you'd have NO reason to think you could go back to that had dozens of these bugs you have to collect to level up. Total ball crap.

Only positive to come out of several hours of frustration and Googling was the area I returned to takes on a whole new life when you go back there and it's stunning.

This game. At times, spellbinding. At others, infuriating, obtuse and badly designed.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Playing loads of ARMS these days. Got any fellow ARMS players in here? Love experimenting with different strategies and mixing it up with weird character abilities / arms etc. Such a fun fighting game!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I have won the World Series with the lowest-payroll team in OOTP18. It only took about two months (and 4 in-game years) of occupying my every waking hour.

Now the question is, do I stop there or continue on and try and build a dynasty?
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Hierony wrote: March 21st, 2018, 2:00 pm Playing loads of ARMS these days. Got any fellow ARMS players in here? Love experimenting with different strategies and mixing it up with weird character abilities / arms etc. Such a fun fighting game!
In a fan, though I haven't put huge amounts of time into it. Probably 15-20 hours. But yeah, it's delightful. And very deep I reckon, if you persist.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Played my first ever game of PUBG (on my mobile phone) just now. Finished in the top ten, seems like a fun game!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

ThirdMan wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 12:02 pm I just came 2nd place in a sickeningly intense final exchange. I'm sure this mobile version will have its detractors, but my dry mouth and shaking hands is enough to tell me that this is PUBG. No doubt about that.
This bodes well for a Switch port too.
Spacefarer

Post by Spacefarer »

I recently got a Super Nt, and playing Super Mario World on it has somehow been a different, more compelling, experience to playing it on Wii Virtual Console and through emulation on my PC.

Doesn't help that it's in Japanese, though.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Um, couldn’t you just use the US ROM?
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 7:24 pm Um, couldn’t you just use the US ROM?
If OP is using a flashcart then yeah, easy to fix.

I understand that there’s recently been a big uptake in people importing SFC carts to play full speed games, as they’re considerably cheaper than the US/NTSC version carts.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I see.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I only got caught by the bloody world shrinking in my game. I couldn't run fast enough to safety haha.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It’s not like there’s much in the way of vital text in Mario world. I vaguely remember my first playthrough was on a friends Japanese copy.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Absolutely, most of us will have played through far more involved/text heavy games in Japanese I would think.
Suits

Post by Suits »

It’s only in some of the more taxing Special levels that the mic boxes give you clues on how to beat them.