Retro gaming

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: Retro gaming

Post by Suits »

This is probably the most appropriate place to post this.

I’ve recently sent my Mk1 Mega Drive (HD Graphics marked version) and Master System Convertor off to someone well respected and regarded in the community to have a region switch fitted, stereo audio jack moved to the back, capacitors checked, power supply tested and thoroughly cleaned.

The work was completed, photo’s sent, tested – all was top banana, looked really good, so it was sent back.

Anyway – it’s looking more and more likely that Parcel Force have lost it.

The console was posted back guaranteed 24Hours service, on the 18th May.

The parcel tracking number shows that it arrived in their national hub 21st May – where it has since stayed, with no update other than ‘Sorted’.

Forms have been filled out and an enquiry raised by the sender.

Fingers crossed that this gets sorted and it’s just an issue of a label fallen off or whatever it needs to be to be easily resolved.

I’m rather attached to that particular Mega Drive :cry: .
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Oh man, that sucks! I really hope it'll get found and delivered to you somehow... :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh bollocks. Hope this gets resolved, Nick.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Gutted for you dude :( Hoping it's just got held up by the Bank Holiday.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

My sister works in lost package investigation for UPS, the most common cause for something like this is a tracking label has fallen off and so it’s sitting on the shelf until someone explicitly goes to look for it.

Stuff actually being stolen is pretty uncommon, despite all the stories you hear. There’s just too much tracking and security camera work going on for it to be worth it.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Cheers everyone, yeah, it's hardly the worst thing in the world that could happen but yeah - it's pretty frustrating.

Flabyo - Yes, that's our hope, is that its as simple as the label has fallen off and it's sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting to be discovered.

If it's not and where I go from there, is an unknown at the moment.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

A tip for people that do send valuables through the post that helps, mark up the package in some way, draw something on it with marker pen, anything distinctive really. Take a photo of that before you send it. Having that to give to the people trying to find the thing can be really helpful.

Big companies like Amazon don’t need to bother, they can afford the losses. But it’s why a lot of small companies have distinctive logo stickers etc... on the parcels they send. Much easier to find a lost package in a warehouse if you can say ‘it’s in a black box with a sticker of a cartoon robot on it’.

And of course make sure you’re not being cheap and going for an insurance free delivery option, or one that’s less than the real value of the package.

(Sorry, I get this stuff drilled into me by my sister every time I ask her ‘how’s work?’)
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Flabyo wrote: May 29th, 2018, 12:38 pm (Sorry, I get this stuff drilled into me by my sister every time I ask her ‘how’s work?’)
That's actually really useful information, man. I just wrote it down just in case.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Yeah man, good shouts those.

As luck would have it, I'm in the routine of snapping pictures and texting, or DM'ing them before I send stuff off to people, just in case, for these sort of reasons (I won't post it as it's got his name address all over it). I sort of got into the habit of doing this as a proof of postage/destination address thing.

Unfortunately, I don't know if he does anything similar.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Really hope it gets sorted out for you!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Suits wrote: May 29th, 2018, 8:26 am This is probably the most appropriate place to post this.

I’ve recently sent my Mk1 Mega Drive (HD Graphics marked version) and Master System Convertor off to someone well respected and regarded in the community to have a region switch fitted, stereo audio jack moved to the back, capacitors checked, power supply tested and thoroughly cleaned.

The work was completed, photo’s sent, tested – all was top banana, looked really good, so it was sent back.

Anyway – it’s looking more and more likely that Parcel Force have lost it.

The console was posted back guaranteed 24Hours service, on the 18th May.

The parcel tracking number shows that it arrived in their national hub 21st May – where it has since stayed, with no update other than ‘Sorted’.

Forms have been filled out and an enquiry raised by the sender.

Fingers crossed that this gets sorted and it’s just an issue of a label fallen off or whatever it needs to be to be easily resolved.

I’m rather attached to that particular Mega Drive :cry: .

So, randomly, my Mega Drive and Master System Convertor just turned up – HAPPY DAYS

Myself and Simon have been having murders with Parcel Force, no call backs as promised, not responding to emails, as promised.

Then just refusing to acknowledge any sort of responsibility regards loosing track of the parcel at their National Hub.

I’ve looked again at the tracking number and it still dated the 21/05/18 at their National Hub waiting to be sorted.

Don’t care though – I’ve got it back, phew, I’m soooo relieved. I know Simon is going to go full retard on them and never use them again for his services.

I know what I’m doing tonight, I got some ToeJam & Earl to play !!!

Anyway, here she finally is……

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

YAY!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Wonderful!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Feel good story of the year!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Snazzy!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Fantastic. I was rooting for you! Glad it arrived.

My worst courier nightmare was when I expected a boxed Amiga and instead a box load of dental equipment turned up.

I did like the idea of a dentist apologising to his patients for not being able to treat them but offering a game of sensible soccer instead.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Suits wrote: June 6th, 2018, 12:22 pm
So, randomly, my Mega Drive and Master System Convertor just turned up – HAPPY DAYS
HURRAH!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Slightly neater modding job than the one I did on mine :)

(Where I managed to burn myself with the soldering iron, twice)
Bane76

Post by Bane76 »

Just recently got my WII to play retro games, am currently playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo, it was better than me Amiga version hahaha....

https://gamers.media/street-fighter-2-t ... 1526695350
Spacefarer

Post by Spacefarer »

Man, that SF2T box art is awful. Looks like Sagat's got a poorly tummy more than anything. The Japanese know how to do it right....