Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
macstat

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by macstat »

Couple of days ago i played and finished Quarantine Circular, a new game by Mike Bithell (creator of that pretentious game about talking rectangles as he describes himself ;) ). Its really fun dialogue-driven adventure short (around 2 hours long).
I also started playing Dishonored 2 DLC that I picked up on Humble sale.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Suits wrote: May 28th, 2018, 9:12 pm Resident Evil: Zero, on the GameCube.

This game just goes in hard straight off the bat.

I’ve just finished the train section and I’m into the Training Facility.

NICE
Sadly, I don’t think I have the enthusiasm to finish this.

I’m what feels like, two thirds of the way though perhaps.

It’s just totally ground to a halt for me, interest wise. The story is going in a limp direction I’m not that I’m not at all fussed about and I’m finding the location uninspiring.

The gameplay is OK, I enjoy it, just not what’s around it.

I’m invested in it, it’s just not delivering.

I think I’m going to play something else.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Suits wrote: June 1st, 2018, 8:49 pm

NICE

It’s just totally ground to a halt for me, interest wise. The story is going in a limp direction I’m not that I’m not at all fussed about and I’m finding the location uninspiring.

I had to have a break about half way through....a 2 year break!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

It’s a bank holiday here on Monday so I was planning on downloading Dark Souls and rinsing it over the long weekend.

Yesterday afternoon my internet went down, 3 working days for a callout. :|

It’s at times like these when you regret only having one or two games installed at a time. Last night was spent hitting rocks and trees in Conan Exiles. :x
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm about two thirds through God Of War now (I think, roughly? I've just got the... and gone to... to get the... so I can...) haha.

It's been awesome so far.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Finally got round to playing the original DiRT on XBOX 360.

Fabulous game. Gave me a good 20 hours of rally driving fun anyway. :)

Certainly better than Forza Horizon 3 with it's stupid annoying cinematics, non-mutable dance music, game crashes, rip-off DLC packs etc. etc.

In fact DiRT was better than all the current gen racers I've played. Still a top game in 2018. 4.5/5
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Try Dirt Rally for a current gen rally game, it's brilliant. Hard as nails, you really have to learn the car and tracks. You can't rely on powersliding your way to victory in that one! Yeah I enjoyed the first Dirt though, too. It was probably the last in the long running Colin McRae* series that I actually enjoyed, before it got quite so over the top extreme yo-bro about everything.

*I know they dropped the McRae name after his untimely death, but I still count them as one long series right from the first McRae game on the PS1 up to the latest releases.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I spent all of last night playing online in Street Fighter 30th. Lots of fun, but I was surprised that I didn't spend much time in II or Alpha 3, which were the games I owned and played when I was younger. I spend the majority in Third Strike, which I've never played until last night. Part of that is because that's where match-ups happen the fastest, but also because it's just so brand new to me. It really is something else.
I wish the damn collection came with cross-platform play, but it's just nice to have all those games together like this.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Alex79uk wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 3:19 pm Try Dirt Rally for a current gen rally game, it's brilliant. Hard as nails, you really have to learn the car and tracks. You can't rely on powersliding your way to victory in that one! Yeah I enjoyed the first Dirt though, too. It was probably the last in the long running Colin McRae* series that I actually enjoyed, before it got quite so over the top extreme yo-bro about everything.

*I know they dropped the McRae name after his untimely death, but I still count them as one long series right from the first McRae game on the PS1 up to the latest releases.
I played Dirt 3 roughly a year ago and enjoyed it but the first Dirt game I found to be a lot better. Really good visuals for such an old game. I might check out DiRT 2 soon.

Sega Rally online arcade (360/PS3) was a really good rally game but I think it's been removed now,
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Capra Demon remains the worst boss fight in gaming. :x
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 6:05 pm Capra Demon remains the worst boss fight in gaming. :x
Hey, look whose internet turned back on!

Are you sure it's the boss and not you who's gone soft as a result of your... "ludo-diet"? :lol:
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I bought a physical copy and am playing offline! It’s a pity, as I hear the Bell of Awakening is ringing non stop these days!

I’ve always said he’s a terrible boss :)

I’m always surprised that this game is considered the best in the series when it has all these Amateur Hour bosses :)
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 8:55 pm I bought a physical copy and am playing offline!
Unfathomable! Desperate times are clearly calling for desperate measures over at the Chopper estate!

Yeah, some of the DS1 bosses are rather subpar... But the level design in the first half is superb and Artorias is Artorias, so I think the game is still worth playing over the latest body pillow simulator. :P
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Yeah, it took forever to get the last head on the Hydra too. I’ve really enjoyed my jaunt through the game so far, rocking a reinforced club and everything goes down pretty easily.

Having a great time peering down into valley of the drakes, Blighttown etc. The geography is great.

*deletes several lines about the role of the aqueduct*

Enjoying it so far, it’s long enough ago that I don’t remember everything so that’s good.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I've grabbed myself the Z.O.E. platinum trophy yesterday and am currently knee-deep in Z.O.E.2. It's a fantastic game I've been meaning to replay for over ten years now. Very glad that the incentive of playing along with the podcast has finally pushed me over the edge.

It's a damn shame we don't (and probably never will) have a third entry in this gem of a franchise.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix last night after deciding it was going to be my play in bed before I sleep game.

Only an hour in, but it's an absolute delight so far!

I always thought it was a turn based RPG like the FF games, but it's more Zelda if anything.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Simonsloth wrote: June 1st, 2018, 9:32 pm
Suits wrote: June 1st, 2018, 8:49 pm

NICE

I had to have a break about half way through....a 2 year break!
I feel oddly guilty for abandoning this game.

I'll give it a break and come back to it like you did, maybe not 2 years tough !!

:lol:
NuKaholic

Post by NuKaholic »

Haven't been able to find one solid thing to stick to after finishing God of War. Bought and played a decent amount of Detroit but I'm having trouble staying interested. I've been almost without deviation alternating nightly through Detroit, Celeste and yet another run of Bloodborne (I'm trying to clean up trophies I haven't gotten yet and I just love being in that world.)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I restarted Red Dead Redemption the other day since its enhanced on Xbox One X, and I'm extremely pleasantly surprised by how well it holds up, and how graphically nice it is. Extremely pleasantly surprised.

Also Dark Souls remaster. Not that great a remaster, but its dark souls so I'm hopelessly in love with it.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Is anyone familiar with a mobile game called 'Out There'.

I remember being well into this years ago and was very fond of it's language mechanism and artwork.

Damn hard though :lol: .

It just popped into my head, I may re-download it and see what has changed - if anything.