ESP Ra.De. Psi

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
hazeredmist

ESP Ra.De. Psi

Post by hazeredmist »

In this thread we discuss ESP Ra.De Psi, whichever format you have it for.

I've taken delivery of it today courtesy of my guardian angel and will be playing at lunch. I have the Switch version, Japanese release with no sign of English anywhere.

Please post your experiences with it here :D

First thing I note is I'm gonna need to print off menu translations... :lol:
KSubzero1000

Re: ESP Ra.De. Psi

Post by KSubzero1000 »

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Cheers!

First go went well, I played on super-easy and go to the final stage in one before needing continues. I failed to work out how to press continue on the final boss so the timer ran out. This is why I need that menu translation :D

The game is really fun, and playing on the flip grip has opened my eyes to the hell I've been going through playing vertical shmups on a landscape handheld. With this and Ikaruga tested so far, it feels a thousands times better with the full real estate of tate mode.

Can't wait to get more into this one. Cave games are fabulous and the M2 work is already evident - previous times I've tried ESP haven't been anywhere near as accessible as this. My plan will be smash super easy then move up, learning along the way.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Haha - I tagged onto Suits’ Playasia order which was very kind, I’m trying to drag him in for banter on it sometime :D the big reveal is broken since stanshall saw twitter pics :lol:

Can’t you just drop the difficulty if it’s rough? I just got the 1cc on super easy which is really forgiving, I guess that’ll be a thing with the M2 port adding all these modes, definitely helps at my skill level. But wasn’t there a way to do that in MAME? Maybe not super easy but something. I appreciate it’s a different arena when you’re smashing higher difficulties all the time mind.

There’s a lot here to sink my teeth into with this. It’s funny, I remember when this was announced and it seemed some were disappointed it was this Cave game coming to switch and not say Dodonpachi or something, then it came out, for rave reviews and has far exceeded expectations. It feels so meaty and bursting with character. Excellent stuff
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Oh and I bet this has been discussed before and my brain is failing me but I always thought it was “esp rah dee” - I’m sure the voice in the game says “esp raid”.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Yeah, I grabbed a copy of this also (as well as a Flip Grip) and enjoy the skill involved of dodging the projectiles.

Thanks, that translation piece will help a lot.

I've beaten it on very easy mode and thought that was fun.

I'll jump in and out from time to time I expect when the mood takes me.

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Yes suits! Glad you’re enjoying it :D
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Successful experiment:

Just finished a run on this in portrait mode on the big telly by lying on my side on the sofa :lol:

Got my second best score too.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Haha! They do have me beat but that’s another story.

Tbh this was a case of I couldn’t be arsed to change the menu settings and the idea of lying on my side seemed quite appealing. I didn’t expect to be clearing the game like this. I don’t expect it’ll become a habit mind.