Evercade

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Evercade

Post by Alex79 »

Wild. I was expecting a better spec machine for a bit more money, instead they're releasing a lower spec machine for less money. Bizarre, considering the consoles were cheap as chips anyway. If I'm honest, I don't really get this. Still, I hope they sell and support Evercade further.

(I might even pick up a VS seeing as it's bundled with a cart which will have an RRP of about £22, meaning the console will effectively cost next to nothing!

Best announcement for me was something they hid away at the bottom of an article - a TATE grip for the handhelds.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh nice, I missed that.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Looks like the first 'giga-cart' is going to be Tomb Raider trilogy. To be honest I have absolutely no interest in playing these games now, but it's certainly interesting. If they run alright on the Evercade it opens up a lot of exciting possibilities.

https://evercade.co.uk/tomb-raider-is-c ... -evercade/

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Evercade - Thalamus Collection 1 - Trailer
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Interesting. I'm not familiar with any of those games but they look like they're on C64? The shoot em up near the start looks particularly good.

My interest has waned a little on the new VS console though since seeing it'll be bundled with Tomb Raider, but I guess I could always sell the cart.