E3 2015 - Conference times, news and hype (!)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
mikeleddy83

Re: E3 2015 - Conference times, news and hype (!)

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm actually enjoying E3 this year so far. It's been nice seeing Oculus have an attempt at joining in, seeing Nintendo's continued support for a game which has only very lately started to resonate with me, watching a little of what looked like a decent effort for the Nintendo live championship thing and just now catching up on the Bethesda conference which has really put me in the mood for the whole thing.

This was meant to be the one I watched at a later date but thanks to some act of god I've been given tomorrow off work so I'll now be able to catch the main acts of the event with little complication and despite the rumour mill being in full swing in addition to my own scepticism of Sony potentially resting on its laurels I'm proudly going to put the optimism hat on and enjoy the rest of the show.

If there's a point in this generation that we'll see the more random announcements then I'd guess this is the peak point right?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Will we still get a full on Elder Scrolls single player game like Oblivion and Skyrim, or will they just concentrate on the Online one now, do you think? I'd have preferred an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement really.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Alex79uk wrote:Will we still get a full on Elder Scrolls single player game like Oblivion and Skyrim, or will they just concentrate on the Online one now, do you think? I'd have preferred an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement really.
I'd wait until Fallout 4 is released (thankfully not too far off), I'd say either E3 2016 or 2017 at the latest. I only say 2017 because I'd expect them to ride out on the dlc for a while before letting the Elder Scrolls take over.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I think we'll see another Elder Scrolls single player game in the future. If nothing else the massive successes of the Witcher 3 and Dragon Age should be proof there's market for one. But I wouldn't expect to even get sniff of it until 2017 at the earliest.

So, about an hour until MS attempt to convince us all that HALO HALO HALO (also Gears of War remake) is all we need this autumn...

I have an inkling we might get something pretty surprising in this one, something no-one will expect...
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Come on Flabyo, don't break hearts :D (but sure, 2017 sounds fairly solid)

That's Bethesda wrapped up and I can't say a bad thing about the conference, really solid showing. If I hadn't been keen for Fallout 4 earlier then I certainly am now! I sincerely hope these folk return next year as it beat a long run of Ubisoft and EA conferences by a good margin.

I'm certainly sticking about for the Microsoft conference and I'll be expecting some impressive stuff. They've been slowly building momentum since the 2013 episode and if 2014 was enough to convince me of buying the system then I can't wait to see what's happening now the console is hitting its stride.

Edit: In reference to the crowds cheering I can take it or leave it, one days involved excitement is the next days bane of my existence. Today it was welcomed though I generally dip in mood to this kind of stuff, there's proof here that I'm capable of having the occasional day off.
James

Post by James »

Getting ready for a long night. Looking forward to this, despite what my snark and bile on Twitter throughout the conferences will suggest.

Lots of hope that we'll see some surprises, and even (perhaps) a few that haven't been "leaked" yet!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

This Microsoft conference is a bit dull so far(backwards compatibility aside it's 2 years late but better then never)but I guess it's hard to follow up Bethesda that was amazing,speaking of which Im suprisingly excited for Dishonored 2 more then anything else also it's really cool that you play as the little girl from the first game as the protagonist,hopefully the game will have a proper story this time.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Never mind Dark souls is oN!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

They've fired the most likely big hitters early, take cod out of the equation and there's plenty of room for surprises.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Where are the bird and the bear MS?
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Oh No they are putting Early Acess on consoles,NOOOO!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Rare collection! 30 bloody games on one disc, goddamn!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Rare Replay was my dream prediction and it came true.

Here's the list of games!
Spoiler: show
1. Jetpac (released in 1983, 1-2 players) – Single-screen shooter where Jetman must reassemble and fuel his rocket while fending off alien hordes.

2. Atic Atac (released in 1983, 1 player) – Top-down adventure with increased replayability thanks to randomized object locations and three different character classes.

3. Lunar Jetman (released in 1983, 1-2 players) – A return to the Jetpac side-scrolling formula, but with a scrolling, randomly generated landscape and much more to do.

4. Sabre Wulf (released in 1984, 1-2 players) – Classic jungle maze game and the first appearance of explorer Sabreman, tackling dangers including the vicious ’Wulf itself.

5. Underwurlde (released in 1984, 1 player) – Rare’s first true platform game. Help Sabreman survive the perils of the Underwurlde and escape through one of three exits.

6. Knight Lore (released in 1984, 1 player) – Introduction of Ultimate’s groundbreaking isometric Filmation engine. Sabreman must scour the castle for items to cure his werewolf curse.

7. Gunfright (released in 1986, 1-2 players) – A Wild West spin on the isometric style, with an improved engine and new first-person target-shooting sections.

8. Slalom (released in 1987, 1-2 players) – Rare’s first console game. Make it to the bottom of each course before time runs out while avoiding trees, sledders, snowmen and other skiers.

9. R.C. Pro-Am (released in 1988, 1 player) – Responsive racing game that inspired elements of Rare’s future racers, including speed boosts, upgrades and collectible power-ups littered around the track.

10. Cobra Triangle (released in 1989, 1 player) – Hop into a boat and power through a branching game world, completing challenges such as shooting targets, disposing of mines and defeating leviathans.

11. Snake Rattle N Roll (released in 1990, 1-2 players) – A fast-paced isometric adventure. Rattle and Roll must eat Nibbley-Pibbleys until they’re heavy enough to ring a bell and open the exit.

12. Digger T. Rock (released in 1990, 1-2 players) – 2D platformer in which Digger must find an exit switch, stand on it, then make it to the exit in 60 seconds.

13. Solar Jetman (released in 1990, 1 player) – A game built around exploration and physics; Jetman has to tow fuel and other items to his mothership.

14. Battletoads (released in 1991, 1-2 players) – Skill and perseverance required as the ’Toads take on multiple game styles to rescue Pimple and Princess Angelica from the Dark Queen.

15. R.C. Pro-Am II (released in 1992, 1-4 players) – Sequel to R.C. Pro-Am with a wider variety of environments, more car customization options and bonus games.

16. Battletoads Arcade (released in 1994) – First “Battletoads” game to allow all three ‘Toads to play simultaneously. Has never had a home release before “Rare Replay”!

17. Killer Instinct Gold (released in 1996, 1-2 players) – Home version of Killer Instinct 2 with several multiplayer modes (including tournament mode) and a training dojo.

18. Blast Corps (released in 1997, 1 player) – Cult classic with a fleet of destructive vehicles (from bulldozers to robots) used to clear the path for a runaway nuclear missile carrier.

19. Banjo-Kazooie (released in 1998, 1 player) – 3D platformer adventure where Banjo and Kazooie must take on the evil witch Gruntilda, who’s kidnapped Banjo’s sister Tooty and plans to steal her beauty for herself.

20. Jet Force Gemini (released in 1999, 1-4 players) – Interstellar action adventure that mixes third-person exploration and alien-blasting action as the last three JFG members go up against Mizar.

21. Perfect Dark (relased in 2000, 1-4 players) – A stealth shooter set in the year 2023. Players lead secret agent Joanna Dark against the dataDyne corporation as they uncover an alien conspiracy that takes her around the world.

22. Banjo-Tooie (released in 2000, 1-4 players) – Builds on Banjo-Kazooie with larger worlds, separately controllable characters, multiplayer modes and many more moves to learn.

23. Conker’s Bad Fur Day (released in 2001, 1-4 players) – Beloved comedy adventure that mixes up genres (platformer, third-person shooting, racing) with mature humor, pop culture references and parodies.

24. Grabbed by the Ghoulies (released in 2003, 1 player) – Rare’s first Xbox game. A comic book beat-’em-up set in a haunted house filled with breakable scenery and Ghoulies of all kinds.

25. Perfect Dark Zero (released in 2005, 1-4 players locally, up to 32 players online) – A prequel to Perfect Dark that delves into Joanna’s origins and fuses first-person shooting with third-person, cover-based combat.

26. Kameo: Elements of Power (released in 2005, 1-2 players locally or online) – A fantasy adventure focused on combat and exploration, with Kameo able to transform into ten different Elemental Warriors.

27. Viva Piñata (released in 2006, 1-2 players locally) – A magical gardening/life sim in which the player can cultivate a garden paradise, attract different Piñatas and keep them safe from Professor Pester and his Ruffians.

28. Jetpac Refuelled (released in 2007, 1-2 players locally or online) – A modern update to Jetpac. Assemble and fuel your rocket before blasting off to the next of 128 challenging stages.

29. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (released in 2008, 1-2 players locally, up to 4 players online) – A more open-ended, customizable approach to the series with vehicle-based challenges set by L.O.G. (the Lord of Games).

30. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (released in 2008, 1-2 players locally or online) – Features new species and Piñata Central challenges, plus desert and arctic regions to visit and catch native Piñatas.
IGN have an amazing article all about it.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e ... r-xbox-one
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Well cod has a new home I take it. Maybe they played that one a little too safe but gears looked good and the rare collection looks like a must.

In retrospect I'm sure this will be looked upon fairly well, I just couldn't gel with the new things I saw which will hopefully come back to bite me.

Edit: Oh, a list of the Rare games? Brilliant!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

The Early acess stuff aside Microsoft actually had a really strong conference it's gonna be tough to follow this up
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I just read (albeit from a rather dubious source I've never heard of before) they're remaking FF7 for its 20th anniversary on PS4. Not the port of the PS1 game, total remake in Advent Children style. Anyone else seen anything about this?
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Yep, pretty sure I heard the same credible source claims from somewhere. Not sure on that personally, what do you think?

I'd buy it if any square folk are reading this and need an opinion.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Holy shit!was that Paz on the new MGSV trailer!?WTF is going on?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

dezm0nd wrote:Rare Replay was my dream prediction and it came true.
10,000 gamerscore!

Going for 100% on that is going to take a while...

On the FF7 remake stuff, the rumours sound about as credible as the ones surrounding Shenmue. Would Square want to show it at the Sony event, or at their own tomorrow though?

I just want to see more Streetfighter 4 at the Sony one to be honest.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I would buy a FF7 remake in a flash. Whether or not I would actually sit and play it all again, not so sure. I absolutely love(d) the original but have never made it through a second playthrough despite playing the opening few hours again loads of times.