Bloodborne

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: Bloodborne

Post by Todinho »

Still stuck at Cathedral considering restarting Im level 40 and still cant defeat that boss I really dont know what Im doing wrong,I mean I get it Im getting hit but I just dont know how can I get a reliable amount of damage in before she stomps me to death I cant seems to parry her no matter what and the only way to give the boss pause is to inflict a good amount of damage on one of the limbs but even then I still dont have enough damage to win and it's not like Im completely incompetent at dodging hell I never used shield in the other souls games and the dodges of this game are way better than in the souls games,the battle however drags for so long I just end up getting hit anyway I dont know if I will restart yet and I will stop complaning about it.

By the way Pitwar try dodging under the boss attacks rather than back his moves will most likely miss you if you do that and remember fire is your friend.
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

I found with the Cathedral boss, that not locking on helped in rolling under her attacks, and gave me enough time to find a spot for a fully charged heavy Kirkhammer hit which was a good chunk of her health each hit
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Todinho wrote:By the way Pitwar try dodging under the boss attacks rather than back his moves will most likely miss you if you do that and remember fire is your friend.
Thanks for the advise bud, but after a few attempts last night I still couldn't get the job done.

From what I understand he's an optional boss so I don't even have to keep putting myself through this, it's just the principle of the thing now. He will fall this weekend, mark my words! :D
RobC

Post by RobC »

I've been alternating between having cracks at the blood starved beast and the bastard with the Gatling gun.

Once or twice I've come close to downing the blood starved beast, especially when I've used fire paper, even thought I'd do him without taking damage, but then when he gets to about 25% health he gets super fast, poisons me and I get destroyed :(
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

The best thing to do with the Blood Starved Beast is stay as close as possible as most of his attacks have a long reach. There is also an NPC you can summon to the right at the bottom of the steps. He died very quickly but the distraction is helpful.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So the cathedral boss still isnt budging and I was feeling really bad about my self so I restarted the game as a Waste of skin character and ran through the entirety of central Yharnam without leveling up killing every single enemy and without dying once that served to boost my confidence I then took out both cleric beast and Gascoigne in 3 tries got to Old Yharnam ignored the gatling gun guy and did the entire zone without dying and took out Blood starved beast in 2 tries.So yeah Im feeling pretty good now even if Im probably gonna get destroyed once I get to Cathedral boss.

Also one of the things that really helped me in blood starved beast(and every boss really) in his last crazy phase is parrying,it's very risky but I found the best way to deal with it otherwise you have to run away from it and it's poison clouds and he's way to agressive for that so I parried him once and was able to destroy him.
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

Well the last 2 nights were fun, spent all of each of them trying to beat Rom, the "something" spider and fuck me do I hate that guy, I am glad i never need to do it again. First he has an army of spiders that take virtually no damage from the front. Then when you get him to 3/4hp he teleports away and spawns more spiders, has an AoE ice attack that is so random it's almost impossible to dodge all of it, and when you get close he either flails or does an AOE magic pulse that would put me to 4/5ths hp where the little spiders would finish me off while staggered. Plus he'll periodically teleport away and summon more fucking spiders.

Fuck that guy
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

PREY SLAUGHTERED!!! :D Second try,second fucking try with this new character and she's down and guess what this fight is actually pretty fun when you dont have to redo it countless times, turns out she actually can get staggered but not by parrying you have to damage her limbs man I cant even start to tell how finnishing her off with a viceral attack was now onwards to explore the forest finnaly!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Bit of odd day today so I cleared Hemwick and the other pathways out the Grand Cathedral while I was doing that I died and let's just say something unexpected happened and I found myself fighting the Darkbeast which was trivial using the rifle spear the poor guy barely stood a chance,after that I decided to finnaly do some chalice dungeons and see what those are all about,turns out they are pretty boring if we exclude the odd boss here and there I did that for awhile and then decided to head back to cathedral ward and progress however I noticed things were a bit different and then I started seeing other strange things as I explored the place and then I was blown away by something so I started to revist every area in the game I've been to because I was sure something would've changed in each of them and I was partially right the funny thing is some npc's that wanted me dead awhile ago now didnt seem too interested and some things that I didnt understand before now make alot more sense,so yeah remember world tendency from demon's souls well that's back but it's much clearer and better and it's called insight!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'm at a loss as to where I should go next.

I have beaten the witch and the darkbeast but I have no clue where to go next. Any hints would be welcome :D
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

well if you remember there was a certain door in cathedral ward that required a password a password known by the vicars of the healing church ;)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Still moving through the game quite slowly, managed to beat 3 bosses yesterday but I'm sure I'm only just over the half way point. Looks like the one they've been showing off before release is my next conquest but otherwise I think the unseen village is slowly being wrapped up. Had a nightmare with the shadows of yarnham but the bosses since then haven't been too bad. I'm really hoping I'm not missing any optional bosses as I had to replay dark souls when I found out I'd missed an entire world.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Todinho wrote:well if you remember there was a certain door in cathedral ward that required a password a password known by the vicars of the healing church ;)
Cheers! Will try it soon! :D
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So Forbiden woods quickly shot up into one of my favorite areas/forests in games you can get easily lost there but that`s ok because of the shortcuts and the amount of good itens you can find there all 3 runes Im wearing now came from there and the boss wasnt all that bad I got first try it was just a matter of managing the space,parrying at the right time and knowing when to attack. I also went back to the rightside of the cathedral after getting an item there and that led me to nightmare frontier in a very interesting sequence,speaking of which this game also does an sequence straight out of Demon`s souls but I noticed right away and that was also pretty interesting and speaking of interesting things I managed to get in the back of Iosefka`s clinic and that was certainly interesting. So yeah all of that trace it`s way back to the Forbidden woods that`s why I liked it so much XD, Right now though Im banging my head against Rom...this fight it`s no fun.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I'm not ashamed to admit I used the memory leak glitch to beat the blood starved beast. I wouldn't usually (honest) but I have been on that boss since tuesday. I was well above the level I thought I needed to beat him, and it was just frustrating.
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

anyone got any quck ways to farm blood echoes, Killing everything in old Yarnham and the Cathedral with the moon rune equipped isn't as speedy as I would like, and it takes more than one round to get a whole level at this point
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

DarthCuddles wrote:anyone got any quck ways to farm blood echoes, Killing everything in old Yarnham and the Cathedral with the moon rune equipped isn't as speedy as I would like, and it takes more than one round to get a whole level at this point
I hear the lecture building is pretty good the enemies are easy and drop alot of echoes.

I cleared Nightmare Frontier today...I dont really like this area I mean it's very interesting visually and Im sure it's very good for pvp but not very fun to play through,the boss got me in a panic at the start seeing I couldnt use my spear on it but luckly the whip proved to be effective and once I figured out how to avoid it's attacks in the last phase it was a cake walk,now I guess it's back at tryinh to beat Rom...
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

So there's a boss on some water. He's a dick. Any clues?
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Rom gave me a lot of trouble to start with but here's how I did it:

You can kill all the spiders in the first wave at your leisure, clear them all out and this means you won't have to deal with as many in waves 2 & 3. Then lay into Rom with heavy attacks, preferably with fire or electricity paper on your weapon. Even when he tries to disappear, you can land an extra two blows if you time it right, doing big damage. At this stage he was near half-health for me.

Then for the next two waves of spiders, approach Rom head on and you can just roll through them to his side (it helps if there is a small channel). Land one blow and get out of there. You may have to run around a little to disperse the minions a bit, but generally you can roll through everything at this stage.

You still need to get a wee bit lucky with Rom's attacks, but stay close enough that he doesn't launch stuff from the sky and you're golden.

Remember, take the time to kill all the first wave of spiders and the rest are manageable (I didn't try and kill any more).
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

So, I've finished the game three times now and have achieved the platinum for it. I don't tend to even try to plat games, the only exceptions are From Software titles. I enjoyed Bloodborne a lot, the Lovecraftian theme is pretty awesome and the combat is enjoyable.