The Walking Dead

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well, there are all sorts of extremely good reasons to own a PS3 but as with all machines it has its pros and cons. It hasn't been served well as regards to multi-format games but oh my god, some of the exclusives. Anyway, this is not that discussion.

Season pass saved about a fiver compared to the 360 version if I recall correctly.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Yeah, pretty good. That said I ended up getting in on the Xbox Jubilee sale, 4200 points for £25 so it made The Walking Dead about £11 all in which I was happy with. (although I buy them individually I still have those points on my account)

Yeah, Playstation 3 has some very good exclusives, although my favourite games this generation have pretty much all been multi-format, certainly in exclusives the PS3 has some cracking stuff. It's why everyone should have one.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah the Season Pass also gave a snazzy theme. But yeah, avoiding spoilers while everyone else enjoys it is a real pain. The frustating thing is SCEA's comment that "it might be next week, but don't get your hopes up". Which may as well be "it won't be next week". They must have some bloody idea when it'll be...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Tweet!
@PlayStation Europe
Good news zombie fans. The Walking Dead Episode 3 will be live on the Store in the next 15 minutes or so.
:D
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

ratsoalbion wrote:Tweet!
@PlayStation Europe
Good news zombie fans. The Walking Dead Episode 3 will be live on the Store in the next 15 minutes or so.
YAY!!!

glad you guys are finally getting a hand on it!

(also can't wait to discuss it! should we set up a spoilery thread?)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Nope, prefer just one thread per game. Just use spoilery tags please.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

ratsoalbion wrote:Tweet!
@PlayStation Europe
Great news.

Though between watching the Football tonight and Celebrity Big Brother final (don't hate me) I'm going to have to wait another night to play it.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Plan to get this downloaded tomorrow morning then blitz through it over the weekend at some point.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's intense stuff and almost invoked a tear from me at one point.
Props to Sean Vanaman the writer and the voice cast.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote:It's intense stuff and almost invoked a tear from me at one point.
Props to Sean Vanaman the writer and the voice cast.
Spoiler: show
was it the Duck/Katja bit?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes.
Not Katja's suicide but when she was cradling the bitten Duck over her shoulder. Heartbreaking.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote:Yes.
Not Katja's suicide but when she was cradling the bitten Duck over her shoulder. Heartbreaking.
I don't get her suicide at all, I have a theory Kenny did it to spare her misery. She's never used a gun and wasn't showing any suicidal tendencies at all. I shot Duck but I was sat for 30 seconds before I could do it.

My only gripe with Walking Dead so far is the fact that whoever you save from ep1 (Doug/Carly) they die in the same way in this one. Kind of makes you saved a bit irrelevant for me. Would've been better if for example Ben actually got shot if you saved Carly as she sides with Lilly. I've already decided that me and Clem are going to ditch the group if possible when we get to Atlanta.
Love this game/series and I cannot wait till the next one.

Don't know if it's just a tapatalk thing but it was showing what you'd 'spoilered' through the front page of the forum.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Do you know what I have found out.. I've found that Tapatalk actually ignores Spoilers and posts the previews from within the Spoiler tags!

No ones fault in here obviously, just a little frustrating. :(
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Well, took 3 hours but I've finally got Episode 3 downloaded. Hopefully will play through it tonight after a afternoon out with Sarah.
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

Just played through episode 3 this morning. Loved it :grin:
Some mildly annoying control issues (I'm an inverter) but the game is forgiving enough that it wasn't too much of an issue
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Benjo321 wrote:Just played through episode 3 this morning. Loved it :grin:
Some mildly annoying control issues (I'm an inverter) but the game is forgiving enough that it wasn't too much of an issue

Telltale have said inverting with the engine is a pain apparently. Took me a few goes to do the shooting bit
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Another great episode, but god damn those shooting bits were annoying. Must have died & restarted about five times on each one which really breaks the atmosphere. Just not needed in this type of game.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I only failed one of the action sequences once I think, maybe twice. I quite enjoyed them - but then I'm not an inverter.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Neither am I, just a bit shit I guess. It felt to me like their was very little margin for error time wise, coupled with clunky controls which I found very frustrating. Still love the game though.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Yeah, the shooting bits are crap. Fortunately you don't need to be that accurate.

Due to some bizarre bugs in the 360 version, I will now make sure I purchase the next episode from within the game (rather than the Dash) because doing the latter on previous occasions made it launch episode 1 instead. :/