Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by dezm0nd »

And it's Ubi Soft so the product is tainted with garbage uplay DRM!
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

FollowMyRuin wrote:I might be the only person who'd want to hear a chat about this but I'd love to hear a podcast on ps1 forgotten gem "Heart of Darkness" sadly not based on the classic novel.

Also, I refuse to give up on a super metroid and Timesplitters 2 podcast so I'm gently bumping them.
Oh yeah, also, it would be a bit interesting to hear some discussion of the brilliant hitman series.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

FollowMyRuin wrote:I might be the only person who'd want to hear a chat about this but I'd love to hear a podcast on ps1 forgotten gem "Heart of Darkness" sadly not based on the classic novel.
It was an interesting game. I wouldn't be against it, I thought it was decent at the time with a nice visual style, but there's maybe more 2D platform games we'd be inclined to cover given we've not done a single Mario or Sonic game in our first 100 shows!
FollowMyRuin wrote:Also, I refuse to give up on a super metroid and Timesplitters 2 podcast so I'm gently bumping them.
Timesplitters 2 has been mooted a few times. Super Metroid too (although there's maybe more interest in doing Prime shows.)
FollowMyRuin wrote:Oh yeah, also, it would be a bit interesting to hear some discussion of the brilliant hitman series.
It's something I know myself and James would be all for. We're fans of the games and each have a particular favourite title in the series too. The problem has always been getting a full show together as they're pretty niche. Not sure we'd split them individually and perhaps just doing a "Hitman" show wouldn't really do justice to the individual games, so it's a bit of an awkward one for that reason, but you never know.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

... Did someone say Metroid and Timesplitters? Rest assured, Mr Ruin, there is at least one C&R crew member banging that drum louder than the rest ;)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Be warned however, 'banging that drum' is a known Euphemism for Mr. Gargette.
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

NokkonWud wrote: It's something I know myself and James would be all for. We're fans of the games and each have a particular favourite title in the series too. The problem has always been getting a full show together as they're pretty niche. Not sure we'd split them individually and perhaps just doing a "Hitman" show wouldn't really do justice to the individual games, so it's a bit of an awkward one for that reason, but you never know.
Perhaps you could just cover a podcast each for your respective favourite entries in the series? I find the Hitman series tends to blur into one anyway, with missions standing out rather than the actual game they were a part of.
XavierShandi

Post by XavierShandi »

I'd really like to listen to a podcast on Portal 2 if for no other reason than it would let me gush about how awesome the ARG leading up to it was. 8-)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

We'll definitely do both Portal games at some point, so you can tell us all about it then :)
XavierShandi

Post by XavierShandi »

ratsoalbion wrote:We'll definitely do both Portal games at some point, so you can tell us all about it then :)
Huzzah!
Doggett

Post by Doggett »

How about the Oddworld series?

I think the first two have stood the test of time. But then, I have only played the first two...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well, we did Stranger's Wrath, and are waiting for the HD remakes of Abe's and Munch's games before committing :)
Doggett

Post by Doggett »

ratsoalbion wrote:Well, we did Stranger's Wrath, and are waiting for the HD remakes of Abe's and Munch's games before committing :)
Brilliant!

I love this site, fast informative service. :)
Didnt even know HD remakes were coming, shall listen to SW podcast now. Spoilers be damned.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The HD remakes are called New'n'Tasty or something like that. :)
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

I might be alone in this but when the new generation of consoles hits the market I would love to see a couple more PS and XB exclusives covered too! Infamous, Viva Piñata, Killzone and Kameo: Elements of Power to name a few quick examples. It'd be great to recall the successes and disappointments of the singular platform titles which defined the popularity peaks and declines as the consoles' lives went on.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Pretty sure a Killzone show will happen at some point. We have some fans on the team.

I think all of those suggestions are on the list except for Kameo. Keep 'em coming!
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

As you wish:
Company of Heroes or Dawn of War II
Heroes of Might & Magic (any entry)
Disgaea (any entry)
Mortal Kombat (2010)
The 16 Bit Disney Titles (if anyone has access to)
Alone in the Dark (either original series or rebooted)
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Would there be a possibility of an episode on Lords of Shadow? Seems like it would be appropriate to me considering the sequel coming up and the episode on Symphony of the Night.

It would be cool to hear one on Darksiders 2 as well at some point too. Looking through the archives I see there was an episode on the original, but not the sequel yet.

Jade Empire would be another cool one as well.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Scrustle wrote:Lords of Shadow
You obviously stopped listening properly before the end of the SotN issue ;) :P
Scrustle wrote:Darksiders 2
I was thinking about this earlier. I still have the game unplayed on my shelf.
Scrustle wrote:Jade Empire
I'm not keen to play this one personally, but I can add it to the list and see what the crew makes of the idea.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I thought LoS might have been mentioned on the SotN episode, but I haven't got around to listening to it yet. I've got kind of backed up on my podcasts because of all the E3 coverage.

And you should play Darksiders 2! It's great. It's not perfect but I think it's still really good fun throughout.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No worries, I'm only messing.

Yeah, my backlog is kind of ridiculous. Like 10,000 hours worth ridiculous.
But aye, we should get round to it at some point.