Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Re: Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Looking at battlelog it looks like it's already time to get downloading, looks like I'm going to see a bunch of you over the next few days so keep me posted if any heavy sessions are planned.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

mikeleddy83 wrote:...keep me posted if any heavy sessions are planned.
That'll be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday then! :D
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Once again, deep inside a bunch of links from the main bf3 page in the sub section of addons (hidden away as tidily as possible) lies that nice 1.7GB end game. Hopefully this'll be the last time we see these fetch quest DLC tactics.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

mikeleddy83 wrote:Once again, deep inside a bunch of links from the main bf3 page in the sub section of addons (hidden away as tidily as possible) lies that nice 1.7GB end game. Hopefully this'll be the last time we see these fetch quest DLC tactics.
In part this is because of both the PS3 and Premium exclusivity, once it's there for everyone it's easier to find. The 1.7Gb install comes after the additional 2.1Gb patch as well.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Fuck, I thought I'd be exempt from that. Still, at least with PS Plus you can trick non-background updates into becoming (pauseable) background updates by changing the hour of automatic updates and then cancelling. I'd be gutted if I (yet again) got a network error in the late 90%'s of a multi-gig mandatory patch download.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Thinking of renting a server for the weekend if I can garner interest. Let me know. Server will be open but I'll be on Fri, Sat and Sunday evenings

Cheers,
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I've been away from this for a while now so I think some time spent blowing shit up over the weekend is long overdue.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

The postponed 96hr double xp event has now been refixed for May 23rd - 27th. Its for all players on all platforms.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Should have a server up and running around 9pm this evening. PSN is Ashguyver1 or Ashguyver.

I will rent for the weekend but won't be around all the time, not sure how it works but if you can add people as mods or whatever just give me a shout with your PSN and I'll add you in.

Cheers,

Matt
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Cheers Matt, will be on later. Hardest part is waiting for server to fill with randoms to get a decent game going.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Server is up for a week.called Cane and Rinse.admins are Krylon Dr Jones83 and Mikeleddy. I'll be on shortly. Enjoy!
Sorry for punctuation Tec. Typing this on the wife's kindle
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Indiana747 is God not mod lol

Your tags are mine!

(You'rea mod really)

I've set it to classic only for the now as not sure what dlc peeps have
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yeah, good call going for classic maps to start with. If you want my tags you will have to work for them im afraid. I dont surrender them too easily. :P
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Not played BF3 for about 5 weeks. Liking the look of this. All being well might be able to join you guys if you want. Everyone can have my tags
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

more the merrier! lets see if we can get atleast 8 peeps on tonight,
added you as mod / admin
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

correction - tried to add you as mod but psn is different name, shoot me it if you want in.

thanks,

matt
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

PSN name is kappi-sun. Not sure what time I'll get on. Kids having movie night. Prob looking at 11ish so if I can get on I'll jump in. Don't like to promise as quite often my plans go a bit pear shaped
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

no one in so far but we may have mall difficulty as i cant access battlenet to set up matches and without that i think you need at least 8 for it to even start a game.

anyone know if others i've set as admins cando this through battlenet?

cheers

mat
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Apologies. As prev mentioned my plans often go a bit pear shaped & tonight no different. Those who do play have a good one
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Ashguyver wrote:no one in so far but we may have mall difficulty as i cant access battlenet to set up matches and without that i think you need at least 8 for it to even start a game.

anyone know if others i've set as admins cando this through battlenet?
You mean Battlelog?

All the match options are done through the game not BL for the console, the only option you have on there is for the server artwork.

I was out yesterday evening but I'll be on today for some random death and destruction.