BAFTA Games Awards

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Bakers_12

BAFTA Games Awards

Post by Bakers_12 »

The BAFTA games awards nominations where released today. http://awards.bafta.org/award/2015/games
What I like is how they let the indie games fight it out with the big boys and that the catagerys they use let thm have a fighting chance agienst them. I love that oliiolii is going up ageinst FIFA.

It's good that Alian:isolation & Shadows of mordor is getting a few nods but nothing for wolfenstin, shame.
DomsBeard

Re: BAFTA Games Awards

Post by DomsBeard »

Hopefully Alien Isolation will win Music and Sound as they deserve it.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

DomsBeard wrote:Hopefully Alien Isolation will win Music and Sound as they deserve it.
Yes and Yes

Shadow of mordor should get the Game Innovation gong for its nemisis system.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Destiny should win almost every award. But it won't, as we're ashamed to admit it :)

Except for Story. And maybe Sport :D
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

hazeredmist wrote:Destiny should win almost every award. But it won't, as we're ashamed to admit it :)

Except for Story. And maybe Sport :D
I... I... can't tell if that is sarcasm, a parody response or actually genuine :S
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

See, I keep telling people "80 Days" is great.

Does it take them getting 4 nominations to make more of you go and play it? DOES IT? Ahem...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It got some serious loving on our end of year podcast. I still need to check it out, along with a host of other iOS gems from the past couple of years.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Looks like a good set of nominations. Do they put together a highlights video or anything? Rufus Hound is presenting, hopefully he has some interest in games and doesn't just do the 'I played Mario when I was a kid' thing.

That list has made me realise how behind I am with 2014 games though! :S
alastairadon

Post by alastairadon »

Mmmm. The portable and handheld category doesn't have any 3DS or Vita games as far as I know. Kind of disappointing and surprising. It also bothers me that a game like Assassin's Creed Unity which had some pretty awful bugs on launch is being nominated for an artistic achievement award.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

alastairadon wrote:It also bothers me that a game like Assassin's Creed Unity which had some pretty awful bugs on launch is being nominated for an artistic achievement award.
Them skinless heads did look prity good ;-)
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I guess they have to detach the technical problems from the artistic intent for that category. Shouldn't really penalise the designers for issues in the engine, but yeah it does feel weird when it came out so broken!
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Welldone to all the winners, each win was well deserved.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Flabyo wrote:See, I keep telling people "80 Days" is great.

Does it take them getting 4 nominations to make more of you go and play it? DOES IT? Ahem...
I played it, made it around the world in 73 days, the branching story was nice enough I guess, but I don't understand what about this game has got people so hyped. I don't really feel any urge to re-play it. :|
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Sean Bell has been going on about this on the Midnight Resistance podcast. I didn't really think much of it really. I kept waiting for something to happen that would make me think 'yeah this is amazing' and it never came. I've still got it installed though, I might give it another try.